Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 53

@xrepub wrote:

"So Godspeed to the Mueller investigation, but let him worry about that. The rest of us — Democrats, independents, patriotic Republicans — should work toward the November election. Our duty is to elect a Congress that will bring this runaway train under control."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-first-year-was-even-worse-than-feared/2017/12/25/b099...

Allow me to offer a BIG AMEN! to that. Please everyone with a brain - remember to VOTE! There's more of us than there are Trumpettes...maybe even in Alabama.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 53

"So Godspeed to the Mueller investigation, but let him worry about that. The rest of us — Democrats, independents, patriotic Republicans — should work toward the November election. Our duty is to elect a Congress that will bring this runaway train under control."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-first-year-was-even-worse-than-feared/2017/12/25/b099...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 53

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@gordyfl—I haven’t really thought about superdelegates in a while, but I am glad you brought them up. I have to agree with you. Given the inappropriateness of both Brazil and

Wassermen-Schultz, I feel Super Delegates should be laid to rest,  along with the electoral college.

One man, one voice, one vote. This would absolutely diminish the ability to manipulate a candidate or, in the case of electoral college, an election,  and is something of which we should make our reps. aware now and again when Dems take back control of our country.

Thanks Gordy!  And for what  it’s worth, Bernie Sanders would have been a just, moral, and extremely competent president.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

True, but so would Hillary and Bernie was NOT a viable option on election day. There's a grass-roots move to defang the Electoral College by changing State Constitutions to give the electoral votes to the winner of the NATIONAL popular vote, but its going nowhere so long as GOPers control Statehouses. So voting for the Dems at all levels is the only way to end the power of the Filabuster in this century. Greens will not do it, Nadar will not do it and obvously GOPers will never even consider it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 53

"The sad reality is you don't get to pick the BEST (your opinion) candidate possible, you only get to pick the BEST candidate RUNNING, and that's never a Republican OR a no-vote."

Well said, and very important.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 53

gordyfl - This is why Democrats lose elections - everything you are enraged over is "politics as usual". Do the leaders of all political parties insert their own bias into the way the organization behaves? Yep, that's what leaders do - if you agree its good, if not, not so good, simple as that but its all POLITICS.

You seem to want to evade responsibility for the Disaster that is Der Trumper and the Republican Legislature AND the resurrected Fascist Five of SCOTUS and all the little Nazis Der Trumper appoints to lower courts.

The sad reality is you don't get to pick the BEST (your opinion) candidate possible, you only get to pick the BEST candidate RUNNING, and that's never a Republican OR a no-vote.

Thanks for getting our current Government elected and SCOTUS and the rest of the Judiciary packed with Facists.

Do you SERIOUSLY think any of the current disasters would've happened with Hillary as President? We'd have a progressive majority on SCOTUS, no huge taxscam to transfer more wealth from the middle to the very top, still have a role in the Mideast peace negotiations, have allies who will back us when the chips are down and 34 Million Americans would not be about to lose their health insurance.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 53

Thank You Phyllis. Don't you wish everyone could tell the difference between fact and fiction?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 53

Purge—Makes sense—trump is afraid —and the more he deflects with ridiculous claims about the Russian Dossier, about which, with exception of the more salacious  parts, the broader assertion that Russia waged a campaign to interfere in the US elections has been accepted as fact by the US Intelligence Committee, and that, the vast majority of it has been corroborated (CNN).

His fragile ego can’t allow him to accept fact, he equates it with delegitimization of his presidency.

And so, he throws out statements about the Dossier being bogus and the DOJ and FBI being “tainted.”

If trump tries to “ purge” the FBI, it will be to his detriment.  He will be leaving himself wide open to impeachment—the sooner the better.  This country us a Democracy, not a dictatorship—trump has no place in a democratically run government.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 53

"Note that the calls for a “purge” of the FBI and DOJ are becoming more explicit, actually using the word “purge” and moving from the right-wing publications to sitting members of Congress. A small part of this is simple partisanship, what threatens the leader of your political party is bad and needs to be attacked. But what we’re seeing goes far, far beyond that and can only be explained by the Republican right’s broader embrace of authoritarianism, which both predates Trump, accounts for his rise and has in turn been accelerated by his presidency. "

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-trump-true-gop

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 53

@gordyfl—I haven’t really thought about superdelegates in a while, but I am glad you brought them up. I have to agree with you. Given the inappropriateness of both Brazil and

Wassermen-Schultz, I feel Super Delegates should be laid to rest,  along with the electoral college.

One man, one voice, one vote. This would absolutely diminish the ability to manipulate a candidate or, in the case of electoral college, an election,  and is something of which we should make our reps. aware now and again when Dems take back control of our country.

Thanks Gordy!  And for what  it’s worth, Bernie Sanders would have been a just, moral, and extremely competent president.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 53

@rk9152 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

AND two endless Wars.

Are you including Obama's "good war"?

Out here in the real world, conservative/republican falsehoods and fairy tales are not recognized as reality.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors