Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dear National Rifle Association

Message 1 of 8

Great post!

Post-Vegas, Mom of survivors, still stunned nothing has changed.

Thank you for this post!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@Olderscout66wrote:

Historically politicians have ignored the 18-25-year-olds because the kids never voted.

That changed when LBJ lied us into VIetnam, and once again kids are becoming "socially conscious" because THEIR lives are at stake.

Dems need to do everything they can to keep those kids angry and active. The NRAGOP policy has nothing to offer our kids but gruesome death and we cannot allow those new voters to forget.

Many of these kids and their older siblings and parents will vote this fall, maybe we have reached the tipping point for change.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Historically politicians have ignored the 18-25-year-olds because the kids never voted.

That changed when LBJ lied us into VIetnam, and once again kids are becoming "socially conscious" because THEIR lives are at stake.

Dems need to do everything they can to keep those kids angry and active. The NRAGOP policy has nothing to offer our kids but gruesome death and we cannot allow those new voters to forget.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
Maybe the generation that truly Makes America Great again.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

The walk-outs have begun. Reports are over 3,000 schools will participate, and most of the protestors will be able to vote in 2020.

Going to be interesting to see how the NRAGOP reacts when their victims fight back.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@ChasKy53wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/opinion/nra-shooting-marjory-stoneman-douglas.html

Dear National Rifle Association: We Won’t Let You Win. From, Teenagers.

CreditEleanor Davis

The killings of 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida may be the massacre that finally gets federal and state governments to enact common-sense gun control laws. That should have happened after Columbine. It should have happened after Virginia Tech. It should have happened after Sandy Hook. But it didn’t.

As a gun owner I support them, not the NRA, let the children lead the way.

A movement seems to be starting ................... I hope it doesn't stop.

It's well past time for social change with regard to guns.  Semi-automatic weapons, plastic guns, armour piercing bullets, just what every hunter needs.  The kids are far smarter and socially aware  than many seniors.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/opinion/nra-shooting-marjory-stoneman-douglas.html

CreditEleanor Davis

The killings of 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida may be the massacre that finally gets federal and state governments to enact common-sense gun control laws. That should have happened after Columbine. It should have happened after Virginia Tech. It should have happened after Sandy Hook. But it didn’t.

A movement seems to be starting ................... I hope it doesn't stop.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dear National Rifle Association

Message 8 of 8

CreditEleanor Davis

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors