Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

Message 31 of 65

@Richvawrote:

Are the "cop haters" the ones who protest the shooting of unarmed civilians or do you see some kind of conspiracy theory to make cops look bad?

Anyone with a ounce of decency would want officers involved in an unjust shooting to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The troubling part with one of our posters is the total fixation on the number of deaths/yr caused by police. I believe along with the majority most, most police officers are good, decent law abiding citizens. Their job at times requires split second decisions on whether to fire or not. Mistakes are made, and worse, in a few cases, there is mailicious intent with the officer(s). The law-breaking cops need to be removed and prosecuted-No exceptions!

The point made with this subject - we have a poster that shows nothing but negative posts concerning law enforcement. Why not an occasional positive post?? I'm sure we'll hear a rebuke, but check out the history of the negative posts and you'll see. I can see it now, "post your own positive posts on law enforcement."

It's good to see support for law enforcement from most posters on both sides of the fence.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 65

@fangoh45wrote:

Any with an open mind, and the ability to read would understand indeed he did. Of course, on the forum we have to tread lightly  naming names for fear of a "Personal attack".

Some apparently does anyway.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

I believe if you would read his posts he did.

Any with an open mind, and the ability to read would understand indeed he did. Of course, on the forum we have to tread lightly  naming names for fear of a "Personal attack".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 65

@gruffstuffwrote:

Little doubt of the outcome is someone with a knife or a club takes on a police officer wearing a bullet proof cut resistant vest and  armed with a Glock 19 IMO.

This is way off topic which is about cop haters of which there seems to be a trend here.

So you are anti-gun.  I don't own them, but I'm not going to force responsible Americans from owning them, or force my opinion on those that do.  It's a mark of so-called 'liberals' to deny others their rights.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 65

A gun requires someone behind it pulling the trigger. If a gun is not used then there are other weapons that could be....knives, clubs, etc.  

Little doubt of the outcome is someone with a knife or a club takes on a police officer wearing a bullet proof cut resistant vest and  armed with a Glock 19 IMO.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 65

@gruffstuffwrote:

A gun ............... cop hating isn't causing police officers to be gunned down, guns are, with domestic abuse, substance abuse,  and domestic violence as the main aggravating factors.

A gun requires someone behind it pulling the trigger. If a gun is not used then there are other weapons that could be....knives, clubs, etc.  Inanimate objects can't be blamed for the killing, but the person using it can.  Take away guns and something else will be used.

That has little to do with hating cops as is the trend here, either passively or directly by some.

Blaming killings on guns is just an excuse for those who has a problem with them for any reason.  Doubtful it's because of their use in killing people.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 65

So The Cop Hating Is Apparently - Working - How You Folks Are Not Just As Unhinged & Deranged as the other Haters you claim to Abhor is beyond Hypocritical

Muslim Haters Bad - Lumping All Muslims Together - Bad

Cop Hating Good - Lumping All Cops Together - Good

Hypocrits

Criticising police = cop hating = cops being shot?

Who is lumping stuff together now?

Well lets see

17 officers shot in 10 weeks = 1.7 per week  1.7 x 52 = 88.4 per year 

A graph showing officer deaths per year.

NLEOMF

Looks below average to me.

I suspect most are killed responding to domestic abuse calls, and most of the time booze is involved.

What is the one common denominator that involves a police officer being shot ?

A gun ............... cop hating isn't causing police officers to be gunned down, guns are, with domestic abuse, substance abuse,  and domestic violence as the main aggravating factors.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 65

@Richvawrote:

@mickstuderwrote:

@Richvawrote:

Are the "cop haters" the ones who protest the shooting of unarmed civilians or do you see some kind of conspiracy theory to make cops look bad?

Call it whatever you want - but keeping a Running Tally Month after Month of how many people have been killed by Cops - without any of the Details - like whether or not any of them were in self-defense or otherwise justified.........is BOGUS and you know it!

Every hear of - Friendly Fire - in the Military - how about if the MSM just ran totals of how many Soldiers killed other soldiers or even better if the MSM kept a running tally of how many Humans were killed by the US Military every month without any of the Specifics?

It's dishonest & it's inflammatory

Oh good. I was afraid I was in the category of "cop hater". Since I do not keep a running tally, I must not be.  I do notice when a cop kills an unarmed citizen and I expect to see an explanation (impartial investigation) of the reasons a cop guns down someone in the back, running away,  and not carrying a firearm. 

Do not confuse making someone accoountable with hating them. 

The Question that should really be asked is - when a Cop is killed under similar Circumstances................do you have the same expectations and do you get as exercised about it?

Are you initiating Multiple Threads & posts demanding Accountability?

17 Cops killed so far in 2018 - How many threads have you personally been involved in demanding Justice?

That has not been my experience around this Forum.......the Bias is clear and the average number of posts & posters condemning Cops killing Civilians vs those demonstrating the same level of Outrage when a Civilian kills a Cop is - anecdotally - 10,000 to 1

Again - More Hypocrisy - More Inflammatory Rhetoric & More Dishonesty........................

The Unjustified Killing of another Human is Murder & the Public should react the Exact Same Way - Everytime in Every Circumstance - again - that has not been my experience on this Forum

Those who should own it - know who they are

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 65

@mickstuderwrote:

@Richvawrote:

Call it whatever you want - but keeping a Running Tally Month after Month of how many people have been killed by Cops - without any of the Details - like whether or not any of them were in self-defense or otherwise justified.........is BOGUS and you know it!

Every hear of - Friendly Fire - in the Military - how about if the MSM just ran totals of how many Soldiers killed other soldiers or even better if the MSM kept a running tally of how many Humans were killed by the US Military every month without any of the Specifics?

It's dishonest & it's inflammatory

Oh good. I was afraid I was in the category of "cop hater". Since I do not keep a running tally, I must not be.  I do notice when a cop kills an unarmed citizen and I expect to see an explanation (impartial investigation) of the reasons a cop guns down someone in the back, running away,  and not carrying a firearm. 

Do not confuse making someone accoountable with hating them. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpacker

Have a good evening Alferd.  When you can stop including parts and functions of the human body feel free to post to me.  It's not fitting for an AARP discussion group designed for seniors.  

H.Sapiens is only one of  over five thousand kinds of mammals in the world.

Just making sure you are aware of the FACT that I made no specific reference to any part of the human body - had in mind the image of a bullfrog with a bovine udder - images of bovine udders are allowed to be posted here without in any manner violating any portion of TOS and GUIDELINES.

It appears that the content of your post may have been based upon an unwarranted and bogus assumption.

Suggest a world wide - and real world - viewpoint next time - less chance for erroneous assumption.

Vaya Con Huevos

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors