From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
218
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

218 Views
Message 21 of 65

@fangoh45wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:


Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.


I believe if you would read his posts he did.


Any with an open mind, and the ability to read would understand indeed he did. Of course, on the forum we have to tread lightly  naming names for fear of a "Personal attack".


Anyone able to follow conversation within a topic would know that I asked Mick who here are police haters, another poster then commented, I answered them, and then Mick graciously answered my question ..... all in that order.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
218
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
217
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

217 Views
Message 22 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

 

Little doubt of the outcome is someone with a knife or a club takes on a police officer wearing a bullet proof cut resistant vest and  armed with a Glock 19 IMO.


This is way off topic which is about cop haters of which there seems to be a trend here.

 

So you are anti-gun.  I don't own them, but I'm not going to force responsible Americans from owning them, or force my opinion on those that do.  It's a mark of so-called 'liberals' to deny others their rights.


So you have to think that more than one poster here is a "cop hater" or you wouldn't call it a "trend", correct? That's a lot to assume and I disagree.

 

I own some firearms, am not "anti-gun" and do not want to take Constitutional rights from anyone. Banning semi-automatic weapons would not take away anyone's Constitutional rights. Gun control laws are Constitutional.

 

Glad you got your slur in:    "It's a mark of so-called 'liberals' to deny others their rights, but it is erroneous and is not conducive to friendly discussion.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
217
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
214
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

214 Views
Message 23 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:


"Hating cops" is a "trend" here?  How many posters here to you honestly think hate cops, enough of the posters here to make it a trend? I have to disagree. You can name who hates cops here but I don't expect you to.

 


Have you responded to the original post where the poster did name a poster who has continually posted about the topic of cops?  Suggest you do instead of directing the post to me.


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
214
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
214
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

214 Views
Message 24 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@gruffstuffwrote:

 

 

 

 

A gun ............... cop hating isn't causing police officers to be gunned down, guns are, with domestic abuse, substance abuse,  and domestic violence as the main aggravating factors.

 


A gun requires someone behind it pulling the trigger. If a gun is not used then there are other weapons that could be....knives, clubs, etc.  Inanimate objects can't be blamed for the killing, but the person using it can.  Take away guns and something else will be used.

 

That has little to do with hating cops as is the trend here, either passively or directly by some.

 

Blaming killings on guns is just an excuse for those who has a problem with them for any reason.  Doubtful it's because of their use in killing people.


"Hating cops" is a "trend" here?  How many posters here to you honestly think hate cops, enough of the posters here to make it a trend? I have to disagree. You can name who hates cops here but I don't expect you to.

 

I agree that guns don't kill people, people use guns to kill people and for many assorted reasons. Sometimes police are killed in their line of duty, a sad reality, it's not because of hate but a very small percentage of the time. Sometimes a cop kills someone unnecessarily and I am sure just a very small percentage of those instances it is because of hate.

 

Posters sometimes point out a police officer being killed by someone. That doesn't meant that they hate those who aren't police.

 

Posters sometimes point out an unnecessary killing by police, that doesn't make them a police hater.

 

I also don't believe that posting about how many are killed by the police makes someone a police hater, if that were true then the Washington Post is a police hater organization.

 

 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
214
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
214
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

214 Views
Message 25 of 65

@afisherwrote:

  Correct the record, the shooting in Ga, was a misrake, cop goes ro wrong address. 

 

   It never ceases to amaze me that some will ignore the fact that some want more guns and then wonder why'innocent mistakes" lead to increase cop deaths.

 

2+2=4    THAT IS TOO HARD FOR THEM TO COMPREHEND?


Where are you getting your info?

 

I have not seen nor read any such claim about the (1) GA. Cop killed in 2018 which I described in an earlier post on this thread and which was indicated on the reference map from mickstuder's original post which started this thread.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
214
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

221 Views
Message 26 of 65

Everyone should listen to this.  All the way through.   Leave your biases behind as you listen. 

 

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/09/591895426/the-mind-of-the-village-understanding-our-implicit-biases  

 

Its takeaway is that the bias of a culture leaves a "thumbprint" on the individual.  And it explores ways to undo that.   It's mostly about police implicit bias and the disproportionate number of officer-involved shootings in communities that have a bias against black people.   But it also explores how doctors are biased in the way they prescribe pain medication.   And how black judges are overturned more often than white judges. 

 

But you could flip the premise the other way.   Within an American sub-culture that hates police, would we find that assaults/murders of police are up? I don't know, but it's worth exploring. 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
221
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

221 Views
Message 27 of 65

  Correct the record, the shooting in Ga, was a misrake, cop goes ro wrong address. 

 

   It never ceases to amaze me that some will ignore the fact that some want more guns and then wonder why'innocent mistakes" lead to increase cop deaths.

 

2+2=4    THAT IS TOO HARD FOR THEM TO COMPREHEND?

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
221
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
221
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

221 Views
Message 28 of 65

@Olderscout66wrote:

 

 

The ONLY way to begin to begin is to vote OUT the NRAGOP in November.


What happened with gun control while Obama was in office?  The old excuse about NRAGOP?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
221
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
222
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

222 Views
Message 29 of 65

Those who are troubled by the number of times police react violently should concentrate on making our Country a safer place for Police AND civilians.The best way to begin will be to ban all semi-auto weapons that can fire more than 8 times and provide serious jail time for those who violate the ban, along with heavy fines for the perps and sizable rewards for those who turn them in.

 

The ONLY way to begin to begin is to vote OUT the NRAGOP in November.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
222
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
223
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

223 Views
Message 30 of 65

So you are anti-gun.

 

No .......... what made you think that?

 

I own guns, no semi automatics, some are historic, some are antiques, some are modern.

 

Problem with what you say is everyone is responsible until they aren't, everyone is sane until they go crazy, everyone is honest until they become dishonest.

 

We have a problem and business as usual isn't going to fix it.

 

We need to limit the damage people can do with a gun. The best way to do that IMO is to limit the fire power of the gun.

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
223
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors