Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

Message 11 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Can you please list who the "cop haters" are in this forum?

Another cynical post.

'Cynical' means distrusting someone's motives. I am only questioning Mick's use of the term "cop hater". Either he thinks that some here are "cop haters", or the term was used for some other reason. Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

Thank you for your concern.

The word 'cynical' has been used by people other than me.  Its use in these posts don't appear to encompass the entire meaning....at least as I meant it when I used it to refer to 'the donald' et al.  I hope you won't mind my elaborating on your given definition.  It's a good one, but it doesn't go far enough.

Webster's says 'cynical' is an adjective.  It gives 3 main definitions and a whole slug of synonyms that can be applied.  Each carries a connotation with it, none flattering. 

Definition #3 refers to Cynic, a noun with roots in Greek philosophy.  Cynical is a whole lot  nastier than just distrust of someone's motives.  It reflects an entire view of what humanity is and isn't.  Not at all 'nice'.  That view is a compelling reason the RRRR and their adherents, including current 'republicans' unfortunately, behave as they do.  You see it all day, every day right here.  That's why I used the word cynical before and will continue to use it.  A cynic just does not believe candor is possible.  "Aye....and there's the rub".  

If that ruffles some feathers.....good.  I intended it that way.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 65

If you respect Law Enforcement , respect the fact that they put their lives on the line to protect us and they don't want to face a killer armed with a Military Style Weapon loaded with 30-50 Armor Piercing Rounds. It's common sense.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 65

@mandm84wrote:

Tex asks "What happened with gun control while Obama was in office?  The old excuse about NRAGOP?"

---------------------------

Yes the GOP's money filled pockets from the NRA killed every effort Obama and the Democrats made regarding banning Assault Rifles , NO Background Check loopholes from Gun Shows and Private Sales and High Capacity Magazines.

Of course the liberal element wants to just ban semi-automatic rifles, the what when that fails?  Handguns are resticted to certain groups.  Yet they are available to those of all ages on the street.  How are they going to restrict these kids or anyone from obtaining a semi-automatic rifle?

In our area several kids broke into a house and stole several handguns and rifles, one kid used the handgun to kill a classmate. How is your restictions going to work?

And are we discussing cop haters and fallen officers or the latest crises that liberals are feeding on?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 65

@mandm84wrote:

Tex asks "What happened with gun control while Obama was in office?  The old excuse about NRAGOP?"

Yes the GOP's money filled pockets from the NRA killed every effort Obama and the Democrats made regarding banning Assault Rifles , NO Background Check loopholes from Gun Shows and Private Sales and High Capacity Magazines.

You know it's easier for them to falsely blame Obama don't you? Good posting.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 65

It comes down to common sense , why does any civilian need a Military Style Rifle loaded with 30 - 50 Armor Piercing Rounds ?

A Law Enforcement Officer puts his life on the line to protect us and when a person goes off the deep end and starts shooting , that Officer does not want to face an Assault Rifle loaded with 50 Armor Piercing Rounds, So If you respect Law Enforcement - respect their safety as well as ours.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Any gun control laws passed in the future will most likely be appealed to the Supreme court and they will most likely rule the same way. So I am entitled to this opinion which is based on past Supreme Court rulings, correct?

Good luck on any gun control laws being passed in the future.  Too many sportsmen who's rights will be infringed upon by liberals who are milking the present crisis for all they can. 

As far as your opinion, however wrong, good luck also in convincing anyone besides those who are liberals to accept it.  Especially with your present argumentative tone.  Without a doubt you are doing an excellent job otherwise.

Have a nice evening.

I am actually starting to understand how difficult it has truly become for you to not make things personal and to refrain from being insulting and accusatory.

My evenings are always most wonderful.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:

Any gun control laws passed in the future will most likely be appealed to the Supreme court and they will most likely rule the same way. So I am entitled to this opinion which is based on past Supreme Court rulings, correct?

Good luck on any gun control laws being passed in the future.  Too many sportsmen who's rights will be infringed upon by liberals who are milking the present crisis for all they can. 

As far as your opinion, however wrong, good luck also in convincing anyone besides those who are liberals to accept it.  Especially with your present argumentative tone.  Without a doubt you are doing an excellent job otherwise.

Have a nice evening.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

I own some firearms, am not "anti-gun" and do not want to take Constitutional rights from anyone. Banning semi-automatic weapons would not take away anyone's Constitutional rights. Gun control laws are Constitutional.

I don't own guns but I wouldn't deny anyone their right to own them. And what part of the Second Amendment reading  "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is wrong?  And even on this topic, each is entitled to their own opinion as to what should be the right course to address the current situation.

Again what you are seeing is the reflection of your own face in these discussions.  You are setting the tone.

Gun control laws are not "infringing" on the right to bear arms, gun control laws have been put into place before and the Supreme Court has ruled on them. Any gun control laws passed in the future will most likely be appealed to the Supreme court and they will most likely rule the same way. So I am entitled to this opinion which is based on past Supreme Court rulings, correct?

I'm not "setting the tone", I am posting my opinions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

"Hating cops" is a "trend" here?  How many posters here to you honestly think hate cops, enough of the posters here to make it a trend? I have to disagree. You can name who hates cops here but I don't expect you to.

Have you responded to the original post where the poster did name a poster who has continually posted about the topic of cops?  Suggest you do instead of directing the post to me.

Having trouble following the conversations in this thread?  Of course I responded to Mick after he graciously answered the question I asked and I am fully aware of who he named.

I suggest that you don't post in a public forum if you don't want responses or comments about your postings.  You said there was a "trend here" of posters hating police. My reply was not out of line.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:

I own some firearms, am not "anti-gun" and do not want to take Constitutional rights from anyone. Banning semi-automatic weapons would not take away anyone's Constitutional rights. Gun control laws are Constitutional.

I don't own guns but I wouldn't deny anyone their right to own them. And what part of the Second Amendment reading  "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" is wrong?  And even on this topic, each is entitled to their own opinion as to what should be the right course to address the current situation.

Again what you are seeing is the reflection of your own face in these discussions.  You are setting the tone.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors