AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
140
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

140 Views
Message 1 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

 

It is noted once again that the software "Grammarly" is free - and would considerably improve the output of - well - TOS and GUIDELINES won't allow me say...

 


Perhaps you should use it with posting in everyday language instead of using language to make one appear intellectual?

 

The rest of your post is non-sensical as usual.


 

I decline to make use of "dumbed down" language solely due to the fact that my choice of word usage is not in keeping with what you identify as "everyday language".  I am using the language and vocabulary I grew up using - used in my professional life - and still use in my everyday life.

Say - why don't you say that to aruzinsky, who tends to use advanced terminology?

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
140
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
146
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

146 Views
Message 2 of 65

@alferdpackerwrote:

 

It is noted once again that the software "Grammarly" is free - and would considerably improve the output of - well - TOS and GUIDELINES won't allow me say...

 


Perhaps you should use it with posting in everyday language instead of using language to make one appear intellectual?

 

The rest of your post is non-sensical as usual.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
146
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
157
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

157 Views
Message 3 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:


Yep - and if anyone wants to find somebody who secretly wants to be a mass murderer, but hasn't yet been "lit on fire" - remember - over 90% since 911 have been native born politically conservative white males with mental problems and racial, ethnic and religious bias in most cases - just ask a bunch of trump supporters - the odds are in favor of finding one...

 

 


The one here who has constantly been bragging about his gun collection is someone aligned with the liberal crowd; prone to using comments about body parts among other traits.  Conservative posters here has tended to not throw extraneous comments into posts.  Noting that various liberal posters here tend to be far out with ridiculous statements during discussions.

 

 


There's no question that I find the ugliest part of a republican/conservative/trump supporter/rightwinger/slavish and obsequious cop worshiper to be their mind.  (note that I mentioned no body part by name)

 

I will try not to not in the future mock and ridicule republicans/conservatives/trump supporters/rightwingers about unfortunate, unattractive and socially unacceptable moral and ethical shortcomings that they were born with... 

 

It is noted once again that the software "Grammarly" is free - and would considerably improve the output of - well - TOS and GUIDELINES won't allow me say...  

 

For the record - I've never been a cop hater.

There are those whose dishonesty and corruption result in my cheering when they are convicted and sent to prison.

 

There are those whose questions I consistently respectfully decline to answer unless an attorney of my choosing is present.

 

I very often cite the fact that cops are allowed - by court decision - to lie to me as reason to decline to converse even casually for any reason.

No hate...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
157
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
165
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

165 Views
Message 4 of 65

@alferdpackerwrote:


Yep - and if anyone wants to find somebody who secretly wants to be a mass murderer, but hasn't yet been "lit on fire" - remember - over 90% since 911 have been native born politically conservative white males with mental problems and racial, ethnic and religious bias in most cases - just ask a bunch of trump supporters - the odds are in favor of finding one...

 

 


The one here who has constantly been bragging about his gun collection is someone aligned with the liberal crowd; prone to using comments about body parts among other traits.  Conservative posters here has tended to not throw extraneous comments into posts.  Noting that various liberal posters here tend to be far out with ridiculous statements during discussions.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
165
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

172 Views
Message 5 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@mandm84wrote:

We've been over this before. Where do you think those guns used in big cities like  Chicago come from ? Some are from thefts , usually careless Gun owners left unsecured in automibiles and homes , but many come from States that allow No Background Checks at Gun Shows and Private Sales.

States where it's harder to buy a pack of cigarettes than it is to buy an Assault Rifle. Yeah alot of common sense !!!


That's my point.  Banning or outlawing guns isn't the answer..if anyone wants one they can find one.


Yep - and if anyone wants to find somebody who secretly wants to be a mass murderer, but hasn't yet been "lit on fire" - remember - over 90% since 911 have been native born politically conservative white males with mental problems and racial, ethnic and religious bias in most cases - just ask a bunch of trump supporters - the odds are in favor of finding one...

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
172
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
205
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

205 Views
Message 6 of 65

@mandm84wrote:

We've been over this before. Where do you think those guns used in big cities like  Chicago come from ? Some are from thefts , usually careless Gun owners left unsecured in automibiles and homes , but many come from States that allow No Background Checks at Gun Shows and Private Sales.

States where it's harder to buy a pack of cigarettes than it is to buy an Assault Rifle. Yeah alot of common sense !!!


That's my point.  Banning or outlawing guns isn't the answer..if anyone wants one they can find one.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
205
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
215
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

215 Views
Message 7 of 65

Tex says "Note that Chicago outlaws guns, yet they are used in murders on a daily basis."

----------------------

We've been over this before. Where do you think those guns used in big cities like  Chicago come from ? Some are from thefts , usually careless Gun owners left unsecured in automibiles and homes , but many come from States that allow No Background Checks at Gun Shows and Private Sales.

States where it's harder to buy a pack of cigarettes than it is to buy an Assault Rifle. Yeah alot of common sense !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
215
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
223
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

223 Views
Message 8 of 65

Because you can't stop all killings , you do nothing to reduce the slaugther. Cop Out !!! The snowball must be stopped sometime. New York State Safe Act is a great start.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
223
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
232
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

232 Views
Message 9 of 65

@umbarch64wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Can you please list who the "cop haters" are in this forum?


Another cynical post.


'Cynical' means distrusting someone's motives. I am only questioning Mick's use of the term "cop hater". Either he thinks that some here are "cop haters", or the term was used for some other reason. Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

 

Thank you for your concern.


The word 'cynical' has been used by people other than me.  Its use in these posts don't appear to encompass the entire meaning....at least as I meant it when I used it to refer to 'the donald' et al.  I hope you won't mind my elaborating on your given definition.  It's a good one, but it doesn't go far enough.

 

Webster's says 'cynical' is an adjective.  It gives 3 main definitions and a whole slug of synonyms that can be applied.  Each carries a connotation with it, none flattering. 

 

Definition #3 refers to Cynic, a noun with roots in Greek philosophy.  Cynical is a whole lot  nastier than just distrust of someone's motives.  It reflects an entire view of what humanity is and isn't.  Not at all 'nice'.  That view is a compelling reason the RRRR and their adherents, including current 'republicans' unfortunately, behave as they do.  You see it all day, every day right here.  That's why I used the word cynical before and will continue to use it.  A cynic just does not believe candor is possible.  "Aye....and there's the rub".  

 

If that ruffles some feathers.....good.  I intended it that way.


I don't mind you elaborating on the word thrown at me at all, and you have done so most accurately, I was aware of the definitions you posted. The definition I used was being nice, to minimize the fact that the comment was meant to be so strongly insulting.

 

I have seen you use the work here and it has always been used in a most proper and descriptive correct way. One poster here in particular from the right is extremely cynical of the left and displays it regularly.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
232
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
233
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

233 Views
Message 10 of 65

@mandm84wrote:

If you respect Law Enforcement , respect the fact that they put their lives on the line to protect us and they don't want to face a killer armed with a Military Style Weapon loaded with 30-50 Armor Piercing Rounds. It's common sense.


So the answer would be banning semi-automatic weapons?  And what constitutes armor piercing rounds?  From what I'm reading under certain conditions even bullets of any type will penetrate soft body armor.  Isn't it already basically illegal to use them?  And doesn't law enforcement already use military grade body armor? 

 

How are you going to prevent those more likely to obtain these rounds from some source if they were banned?  How are you going to prevent those wanting to obtain a semi-automatic if they really wanted to obtain them?  It is illegal for those below a certain age to obtain handguns, yet they can easily find them.  Note that Chicago outlaws guns, yet they are used in murders on a daily basis.

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
233
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors