Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dear Cop Haters - 17 Gunned Down - 2018

Message 51 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

I believe if you would read his posts he did.

Mick is full grown, straight forward, and he graciously responded to my post, providing an answer to my question. 

You could have also waited for an answer to my question before making your remark accusing me of being cynical. But thank you for your concern.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Can you please list who the "cop haters" are in this forum?

Another cynical post.

'Cynical' means distrusting someone's motives. I am only questioning Mick's use of the term "cop hater". Either he thinks that some here are "cop haters", or the term was used for some other reason. Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

Thank you for your concern.

Perhaps. I suppose there are those who hate cops. I am certainly not one of them. However, I would certainly ask some pointed questions when an unarmed citizen dies at the hands of a police officer.  Killed by police officer is the third most common way to die at the hands of a non-acquaintance. 987 citizen deaths in 2017 at the hands of police officers.  Maybe that is too few? I am just not sure who counts as a "cop hater".  What does that mean, exactly?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 65

@mickstuderwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Not Really - at least not a Current One - I haven't been posting here much lately so it wouldn't be fair but Certainly the biggest Cop Hater IMO would be CENT - I'm sure he's going to reply with some silly Acronym Filled highlighted in Blue Rhetoric - but just look at the Number of his Posts with Anti-cop Sentiments on the Main Page alone

Like the Lady said - When someone SHOWS & TELLS you who they are - Beleive Them!

Thank you for not saying or thinking that I am a "cop hater", I have had family who were police officers in St. Louis, a tough place to be an officer. I honor our police but I am honest about the small minority that are bad cops. Many police I know agree that bad cops need to be weeded out, it makes their jobs that much tougher. It takes honesty, perseverance, and sometimes bucking those in command above you in trying to have bad cops addressed and sometimes an officer can put themselves in danger in doing so.

God bless our police.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:

Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

I believe if you would read his posts he did.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 65

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Another cynical post.

'Cynical' means distrusting someone's motives. I am only questioning Mick's use of the term "cop hater". Either he thinks that some here are "cop haters", or the term was used for some other reason. Perhaps if Mick thinks someone here fits that term then perhaps he would just come out and say it.

Thank you for your concern.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 65

Are the "cop haters" the ones who protest the shooting of unarmed civilians or do you see some kind of conspiracy theory to make cops look bad?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 65
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 65

@mandm84wrote:

Far too many take our brave Law Enforcement for granted. Imagine our streets and homes without their protection ?

Over the years I've had many good friends who were in law enforcement, both military and civilian.  And yes I have a problem with the lists tallying up the numbers killed apparently designed to cast them in a bad light.  Especially highlighting only the numbers without any explanation as to background.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 65

@ChasKy53wrote:

Another cynical post.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 65

@GailL1

I can add to that.  There was a police officer who was filling up his car at a local station in Houston when he was shot in the back.  He left a wife, several children and a mortgage.

He was a distinguished member of the Houston Police Department.  Thousands attended his funeral.

Kudos
Views