Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DeVos Lies For Profit

Message 41 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

They give bigly to Republican candidates. That should be white supremist enough for an example. 

Somehow I thought better of you Rich. My error.

Once, I thought Republicans were simply a group with a significantly different viewpoint and then they started backing everything Trump did or said.  Most of the disappointment was around their embracing of his praise of white supremacy. It is unfortunate that we have a party like this but now we see their true nature.  Feel free to be disappointed. I take it as a badge of honor. 

You are replying to a post that said, "What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?" and I am having a hard time seeing the connection.

I had responded that simply supporting Republican candidates was equivalent to supporting White Supremacists and you seemed to think that was disappointing.  It is but it is also true. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 62
Oh yeah..she is a Dominionist. People that want a Christian Theocracy ( her AND Pence ) and wants to fund for profit Christian schools ( her denomination of course) on the voucher system...as in using taxpayer money to fund religion.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I get the feeling that the radical left does not like Ms. DeVos. I wonder if it was because she wants to improve the education offered to children but not in the same ways that have failed in the past.

Or maybe it is because she has more money than they do and is a (gasp!!) Capitalist.

Michigan has been Republican since it recovered from Regan. Dick DeVos ran for governor, and even republicans voted against him. He lost and went back to his job funding alt right ideals about education. Thats how Betsy got her job. Michiganders are currently on the DeVos educational system, except as barred by the US Constitution. all the goodies you hear about Detroit schools? sorry to tell ya Devos Acolytes were put in charge of it by the governor that poisoned Flint water. canchasee these connections?

DeVos main interest in "improving" education is to make it more profitable, and secondarily to make sure nobody learns how to THINK. The condition of the Detroit Schools that her compatriots have been running is the truest example of how DeVos Education actually functions. Just another reason neoRepublicans cannot be trusted to govern.

Can you back any of that up or is it just more of "those" facts"?

In many areas "voucher" systems are successfully used. Alternate opportunities can improve the learning experience of the students and motivate the public schools to improve.

If improved education is to be labeled "neoRepublican" I, for one, will not object.

easily backed up. but hey, you can like..you know..prove us wrong about Devos.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 62

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I get the feeling that the radical left does not like Ms. DeVos. I wonder if it was because she wants to improve the education offered to children but not in the same ways that have failed in the past.

Or maybe it is because she has more money than they do and is a (gasp!!) Capitalist.

Michigan has been Republican since it recovered from Regan. Dick DeVos ran for governor, and even republicans voted against him. He lost and went back to his job funding alt right ideals about education. Thats how Betsy got her job. Michiganders are currently on the DeVos educational system, except as barred by the US Constitution. all the goodies you hear about Detroit schools? sorry to tell ya Devos Acolytes were put in charge of it by the governor that poisoned Flint water. canchasee these connections?

DeVos main interest in "improving" education is to make it more profitable, and secondarily to make sure nobody learns how to THINK. The condition of the Detroit Schools that her compatriots have been running is the truest example of how DeVos Education actually functions. Just another reason neoRepublicans cannot be trusted to govern.

Can you back any of that up or is it just more of "those" facts"?

In many areas "voucher" systems are successfully used. Alternate opportunities can improve the learning experience of the students and motivate the public schools to improve.

If improved education is to be labeled "neoRepublican" I, for one, will not object.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 62

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?

They give bigly to Republican candidates. That should be white supremist enough for an example. 

Once, I thought Republicans were simply a group with a significantly different viewpoint and then they started backing everything Trump did or said.  Most of the disappointment was around their embracing of his praise of white supremacy. It is unfortunate that we have a party like this but now we see their true nature.  Feel free to be disappointed. I take it as a badge of honor. 

You are replying to a post that said, "What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?" and I am having a hard time seeing the connection.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 62

@rk9152–kudo given in RXTREME ERROR!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 62

@rk9152— Maybe the feeling you should get is  that Americans don’t like totally ignorant, unqualified people, who, knowing absolutely nothing about public education,  and who have spoken out against it for years, and has actively tried to destroy it, be their Secretary  of Education.  

Utterly ridiculous and extremely uninformed to say that’s a radical idea. Saying that it is a ridiculous idea to have such a person in charge of America’s public education system is not only NOT radical, it is sane.  

Ahh, sanity—something trump supporters really rarely have to deal with anymore.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

the Republican party of Michigan, who had Steve Bannon give a speech a night or two ago, funds politicians that push for private vouchers to religious schools..dismantled Detroit PS while managein it...watch the michigan gun legislation thread. i have some more good stuff to add.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views