AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DeVos Lies For Profit

Message 31 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I get the feeling that the radical left does not like Ms. DeVos. I wonder if it was because she wants to improve the education offered to children but not in the same ways that have failed in the past.

Or maybe it is because she has more money than they do and is a (gasp!!) Capitalist.

Michigan has been Republican since it recovered from Regan. Dick DeVos ran for governor, and even republicans voted against him. He lost and went back to his job funding alt right ideals about education. Thats how Betsy got her job. Michiganders are currently on the DeVos educational system, except as barred by the US Constitution. all the goodies you hear about Detroit schools? sorry to tell ya Devos Acolytes were put in charge of it by the governor that poisoned Flint water. canchasee these connections?

DeVos main interest in "improving" education is to make it more profitable, and secondarily to make sure nobody learns how to THINK. The condition of the Detroit Schools that her compatriots have been running is the truest example of how DeVos Education actually functions. Just another reason neoRepublicans cannot be trusted to govern.

Can you back any of that up or is it just more of "those" facts"?

In many areas "voucher" systems are successfully used. Alternate opportunities can improve the learning experience of the students and motivate the public schools to improve.

If improved education is to be labeled "neoRepublican" I, for one, will not object.

easily backed up. but hey, you can like..you know..prove us wrong about Devos.

If it is all that easy to back up, is it not strange that no one has? So far the only "proof" was to blame the Detroit school system on her. Now, that is lame.

whats lame is people making excuses for pathetic so called public servants, who DO NOT have public interest at heart but a for profit school system. AND WHO PAYS FOR THAT?  the taxpayer pays a private, for profit school that hires unqualified teacher at low pay. THAT is the devos system. YOU BELIEVE IN PAYING TAXES TO A PRIVATE ENTITY WITH CAPTIVE CLIENTS FOR PROFIT.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT ABOUT?

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

They give bigly to Republican candidates. That should be white supremist enough for an example. 

Somehow I thought better of you Rich. My error.

Once, I thought Republicans were simply a group with a significantly different viewpoint and then they started backing everything Trump did or said.  Most of the disappointment was around their embracing of his praise of white supremacy. It is unfortunate that we have a party like this but now we see their true nature.  Feel free to be disappointed. I take it as a badge of honor. 

You are replying to a post that said, "What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?" and I am having a hard time seeing the connection.

I had responded that simply supporting Republican candidates was equivalent to supporting White Supremacists and you seemed to think that was disappointing.  It is but it is also true. 

Sounds like, "all Republicans are White Supremacists". And the only rational solution is to get rid of all Republicans. But the question arises, once we get your one Party system - what will you do with us Republicans - exile, extermination, reeducation camps?

re education to perform minimum wage jobs, and jobs republican think should be minimum wage like garbage collector..of course thos wages will be lowered when you get there. 10 hour days for 8 hours of pay. OF COURSE you good patriots will pay 25% taxes. You will be provided housing in block apartments for 700 a month, no medical or food stamps. hey..we need a strong wall st. no birth control no abortion we need the child labor, who can work at 4 an hour. Your TV will continually run the wall st channel that tells you how important your role is to a vibrant economy. Big pharm will re convince the government opiods arent addictive, and you can use them to keep yourself from mental despair. but they arent free..because,,capitalism. every now and then our GREAT friends the chinese will be allowed to lace them with fentynal, and the 1% can bet on who is going to get it. OF COURSE you can go to church, where you will be convinced of your lot in life and the promise of a  pie in the sky. forced tithing of course..because we want you to be observant for your masters.

Every day before work will be the Anthem and pledge, and a reading of the constitution. Those that fail to stand, put hand over heart, or fail to memorize ans sing or chant will be allowed to be set upon by they fellow patriots for ridicule, torture..what ever a free human nature brings..

Your apartment will be inside walled cities to protect you from outsiders per you natural instincts, and all within the city will be given what ever they think the 2nd amendment allows. No punishment for shootings since you will be allowed to interpret murder into the 2nd.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@patriciah559514 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I get the feeling that the radical left does not like Ms. DeVos. I wonder if it was because she wants to improve the education offered to children but not in the same ways that have failed in the past.

Or maybe it is because she has more money than they do and is a (gasp!!) Capitalist.

Michigan has been Republican since it recovered from Regan. Dick DeVos ran for governor, and even republicans voted against him. He lost and went back to his job funding alt right ideals about education. Thats how Betsy got her job. Michiganders are currently on the DeVos educational system, except as barred by the US Constitution. all the goodies you hear about Detroit schools? sorry to tell ya Devos Acolytes were put in charge of it by the governor that poisoned Flint water. canchasee these connections?

What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?

the Republican party of Michigan, who had Steve Bannon give a speech a night or two ago, funds politicians that push for private vouchers to religious schools..dismantled Detroit PS while managein it...watch the michigan gun legislation thread. i have some more good stuff to add.

I wondered just today, where is Bannon spreading his psuedo-intellectual claptrap that a small group call out "YEAH" etc.  So this makes sense, Michigan GOP sponsored by DeVos/Prince family type groups.  

I have decided that in his own mind, he sees himself as a viking warrior/leader and intellectual giant. No other explanation for the boozy insanity baloney he spews.

He's just a middle aged version of those guys living in their Mother's basement, mad at everyone cause 'no one likes me', and 'all the jobs are going to women & mexicans', etc. 

Yet the question remains - What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?

If you can't provide evidence that he didn't fund and support them - the question is meaningless alternate reality nonsense.

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 62

@patriciah559514 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

the Republican party of Michigan, who had Steve Bannon give a speech a night or two ago, funds politicians that push for private vouchers to religious schools..dismantled Detroit PS while managein it...watch the michigan gun legislation thread. i have some more good stuff to add.

I wondered just today, where is Bannon spreading his psuedo-intellectual claptrap that a small group call out "YEAH" etc.  So this makes sense, Michigan GOP sponsored by DeVos/Prince family type groups.  

I have decided that in his own mind, he sees himself as a viking warrior/leader and intellectual giant. No other explanation for the boozy insanity baloney he spews.

He's just a middle aged version of those guys living in their Mother's basement, mad at everyone cause 'no one likes me', and 'all the jobs are going to women & mexicans', etc. 

Yet the question remains - What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 62

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

They give bigly to Republican candidates. That should be white supremist enough for an example. 

Somehow I thought better of you Rich. My error.

Once, I thought Republicans were simply a group with a significantly different viewpoint and then they started backing everything Trump did or said.  Most of the disappointment was around their embracing of his praise of white supremacy. It is unfortunate that we have a party like this but now we see their true nature.  Feel free to be disappointed. I take it as a badge of honor. 

You are replying to a post that said, "What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?" and I am having a hard time seeing the connection.

I had responded that simply supporting Republican candidates was equivalent to supporting White Supremacists and you seemed to think that was disappointing.  It is but it is also true. 

Sounds like, "all Republicans are White Supremacists". And the only rational solution is to get rid of all Republicans. But the question arises, once we get your one Party system - what will you do with us Republicans - exile, extermination, reeducation camps?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 62

@MIseker wrote:
Oh yeah..she is a Dominionist. People that want a Christian Theocracy ( her AND Pence ) and wants to fund for profit Christian schools ( her denomination of course) on the voucher system...as in using taxpayer money to fund religion.

How about the purpose is to make use of successful schools to give a better learning experience to kids in failing schools. Remember, no kid is assigned to a "voucher" school - their parents try to get them in. But there it is again - people should not make their own decisions, the government should make them for them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

DeVos main interest in "improving" education is to make it more profitable, and secondarily to make sure nobody learns how to THINK. The condition of the Detroit Schools that her compatriots have been running is the truest example of how DeVos Education actually functions. Just another reason neoRepublicans cannot be trusted to govern.

Can you back any of that up or is it just more of "those" facts"?

In many areas "voucher" systems are successfully used. Alternate opportunities can improve the learning experience of the students and motivate the public schools to improve.

If improved education is to be labeled "neoRepublican" I, for one, will not object.

easily backed up. but hey, you can like..you know..prove us wrong about Devos.

If it is all that easy to back up, is it not strange that no one has? So far the only "proof" was to blame the Detroit school system on her. Now, that is lame.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 62

@MIseker wrote:
The DeVos family are the Kochs of Michigan. Betsies brother Erik Prince runs a contract outfit for the military; it was known as blackwater when in Iraq and got such bad press hechanged the name. they are from the DUTCH area of the state.. holland grand rapids, ( strict Calvinists) also the home of Gerry Ford, pardoner of Nixon. The devos family were the first private citizens to enter Fords oval office. Devos got their money from Amway..the ponzi company.

But there is no right wing conspiracy.

Although I do not vouch for The Intercept, there is a story one of their writers did about Eric Prince and his guys 'hunting' people [using military style equipment, night goggles, etc]. Might have been in Africa. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 62

@MIseker wrote:
Yes. The Prince family manufactured heavy machinery, and I worked at a company that used their equipment. Its good stuff, possible the best in the world. I was talking to one of their installers ( The co is bases 45 miles by highway from where I worked) an he liked his job. He said they had a gym and cafeteria at their plant. Nice and clean etc..and he was making about 2/3 the pay we did. good healthcare..but not a lot of cash for an on the road job.

Didn't DeVos Papa invent something that has to do with the little lights on auto sun visors? I don't know the whole story about how/why Betsy & Eric got their strange ways. They are pretty far over there in the land of the wealthy right, correct?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views