Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DeVos Lies For Profit

Message 21 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Oh yeah..she is a Dominionist. People that want a Christian Theocracy ( her AND Pence ) and wants to fund for profit Christian schools ( her denomination of course) on the voucher system...as in using taxpayer money to fund religion.

How about the purpose is to make use of successful schools to give a better learning experience to kids in failing schools. Remember, no kid is assigned to a "voucher" school - their parents try to get them in. But there it is again - people should not make their own decisions, the government should make them for them.

with the end goal of putting public schools out of business. shift the taxes to a ceo and private school board, and get nothing in return.

....who said that?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@patriciah559514 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
The DeVos family are the Kochs of Michigan. Betsies brother Erik Prince runs a contract outfit for the military; it was known as blackwater when in Iraq and got such bad press hechanged the name. they are from the DUTCH area of the state.. holland grand rapids, ( strict Calvinists) also the home of Gerry Ford, pardoner of Nixon. The devos family were the first private citizens to enter Fords oval office. Devos got their money from Amway..the ponzi company.

But there is no right wing conspiracy.

Although I do not vouch for The Intercept, there is a story one of their writers did about Eric Prince and his guys 'hunting' people [using military style equipment, night goggles, etc]. Might have been in Africa. 

THEY  are a mercenary outfit for sure..and a private intelligence outfit that does get large contracts from the US. 

"Mercenary outfit" - does that mean "private enterprise" - "free market" - "Capitalism"?? That could explain the objections on the part of some.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I get the feeling that the radical left does not like Ms. DeVos. I wonder if it was because she wants to improve the education offered to children but not in the same ways that have failed in the past.

Or maybe it is because she has more money than they do and is a (gasp!!) Capitalist.

Michigan has been Republican since it recovered from Regan. Dick DeVos ran for governor, and even republicans voted against him. He lost and went back to his job funding alt right ideals about education. Thats how Betsy got her job. Michiganders are currently on the DeVos educational system, except as barred by the US Constitution. all the goodies you hear about Detroit schools? sorry to tell ya Devos Acolytes were put in charge of it by the governor that poisoned Flint water. canchasee these connections?

DeVos main interest in "improving" education is to make it more profitable, and secondarily to make sure nobody learns how to THINK. The condition of the Detroit Schools that her compatriots have been running is the truest example of how DeVos Education actually functions. Just another reason neoRepublicans cannot be trusted to govern.

Can you back any of that up or is it just more of "those" facts"?

In many areas "voucher" systems are successfully used. Alternate opportunities can improve the learning experience of the students and motivate the public schools to improve.

If improved education is to be labeled "neoRepublican" I, for one, will not object.

easily backed up. but hey, you can like..you know..prove us wrong about Devos.

If it is all that easy to back up, is it not strange that no one has? So far the only "proof" was to blame the Detroit school system on her. Now, that is lame.

whats lame is people making excuses for pathetic so called public servants, who DO NOT have public interest at heart but a for profit school system. AND WHO PAYS FOR THAT?  the taxpayer pays a private, for profit school that hires unqualified teacher at low pay. THAT is the devos system. YOU BELIEVE IN PAYING TAXES TO A PRIVATE ENTITY WITH CAPTIVE CLIENTS FOR PROFIT.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT ABOUT?

I really can't see the connection between that and school districts using vouchers for approved schools.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

They give bigly to Republican candidates. That should be white supremist enough for an example. 

Somehow I thought better of you Rich. My error.

Once, I thought Republicans were simply a group with a significantly different viewpoint and then they started backing everything Trump did or said.  Most of the disappointment was around their embracing of his praise of white supremacy. It is unfortunate that we have a party like this but now we see their true nature.  Feel free to be disappointed. I take it as a badge of honor. 

You are replying to a post that said, "What white supremacist ideals did Dick DeVos fund?" and I am having a hard time seeing the connection.

I had responded that simply supporting Republican candidates was equivalent to supporting White Supremacists and you seemed to think that was disappointing.  It is but it is also true. 

Sounds like, "all Republicans are White Supremacists". And the only rational solution is to get rid of all Republicans. But the question arises, once we get your one Party system - what will you do with us Republicans - exile, extermination, reeducation camps?

re education to perform minimum wage jobs, and jobs republican think should be minimum wage like garbage collector..of course thos wages will be lowered when you get there. 10 hour days for 8 hours of pay. OF COURSE you good patriots will pay 25% taxes. You will be provided housing in block apartments for 700 a month, no medical or food stamps. hey..we need a strong wall st. no birth control no abortion we need the child labor, who can work at 4 an hour. Your TV will continually run the wall st channel that tells you how important your role is to a vibrant economy. Big pharm will re convince the government opiods arent addictive, and you can use them to keep yourself from mental despair. but they arent free..because,,capitalism. every now and then our GREAT friends the chinese will be allowed to lace them with fentynal, and the 1% can bet on who is going to get it. OF COURSE you can go to church, where you will be convinced of your lot in life and the promise of a  pie in the sky. forced tithing of course..because we want you to be observant for your masters.

Every day before work will be the Anthem and pledge, and a reading of the constitution. Those that fail to stand, put hand over heart, or fail to memorize ans sing or chant will be allowed to be set upon by they fellow patriots for ridicule, torture..what ever a free human nature brings..

Your apartment will be inside walled cities to protect you from outsiders per you natural instincts, and all within the city will be given what ever they think the 2nd amendment allows. No punishment for shootings since you will be allowed to interpret murder into the 2nd.

Sounds like the way things went when guys like Stalin screwed up Marx's thinking. And, I suppose if the neoMarxists get there way, that could happen here.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 62

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
Oh yeah..she is a Dominionist. People that want a Christian Theocracy ( her AND Pence ) and wants to fund for profit Christian schools ( her denomination of course) on the voucher system...as in using taxpayer money to fund religion.

How about the purpose is to make use of successful schools to give a better learning experience to kids in failing schools. Remember, no kid is assigned to a "voucher" school - their parents try to get them in. But there it is again - people should not make their own decisions, the government should make them for them.

with the end goal of putting public schools out of business. shift the taxes to a ceo and private school board, and get nothing in return.

Actually Mlseker, we'll get less than nothing because the for-profits do not require any teacher certification and beyond the first year, none show an actual improvement in student performance over the public schools the neoRepubs robbed to pay for them.

What the neoRepublicans will get is huge profits AND the ability to make sure no unsettling notions (like how Democracy should function) will be taught by the unqualified contract employees doing the actual teaching.

Thats exactly whats happening. Michigan schools are HORRIBLE about civics. just plain ol how it works, what you should do, etc.beyond saluting the flag and buying guns. So its up to me to teach civics..first to my now active progressive offspring AND their tribe, now to my grands. This weekend, by next for sure, i speak to my youngest about what his legal and moral obligations are to the flag and anthem, and why Gramps sometimes raises his left fist during the Anthem. The school had a former POW come and give a nice talk, finishing up with how disresptful you are to America and the Military if you dont toe the line vis/flag anthem. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 62

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Actually Mlseker, we'll get less than nothing because the for-profits do not require any teacher certification and beyond the first year, none show an actual improvement in student performance over the public schools the neoRepubs robbed to pay for them.

What the neoRepublicans will get is huge profits AND the ability to make sure no unsettling notions (like how Democracy should function) will be taught by the unqualified contract employees doing the actual teaching.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I get the feeling that the radical left does not like Ms. DeVos. I wonder if it was because she wants to improve the education offered to children but not in the same ways that have failed in the past.

Or maybe it is because she has more money than they do and is a (gasp!!) Capitalist.

Michigan has been Republican since it recovered from Regan. Dick DeVos ran for governor, and even republicans voted against him. He lost and went back to his job funding alt right ideals about education. Thats how Betsy got her job. Michiganders are currently on the DeVos educational system, except as barred by the US Constitution. all the goodies you hear about Detroit schools? sorry to tell ya Devos Acolytes were put in charge of it by the governor that poisoned Flint water. canchasee these connections?

DeVos main interest in "improving" education is to make it more profitable, and secondarily to make sure nobody learns how to THINK. The condition of the Detroit Schools that her compatriots have been running is the truest example of how DeVos Education actually functions. Just another reason neoRepublicans cannot be trusted to govern.

In many areas "voucher" systems are successfully used. Alternate opportunities can improve the learning experience of the students and motivate the public schools to improve.

If improved education is to be labeled "neoRepublican" I, for one, will not object.

You for one, can cherry pick this list..but i doubt you will glean its meaning. or look at it. Devos michigan schools. a simple search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Devos+schools+in+Mich&oq=Devos+schools+in+Mich&aqs=chrome..69i57.770...

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

https://www.chalkbeat.org/posts/detroit/2017/01/16/can-betsy-devos-be-blamed-for-the-state-of-detroi...

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/magazine/michigan-gambled-on-charter-schools-its-children-lost.ht...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/12/08/a-sobering-look-at-what-betsy-devos-d...

>>> a good one on the republican govt changing standards to favor charter schools..owned by guess who..https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/03/how-a-devos-founded-school-benefitted-from-mic...

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 62

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 62

@patriciah559514 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
The DeVos family are the Kochs of Michigan. Betsies brother Erik Prince runs a contract outfit for the military; it was known as blackwater when in Iraq and got such bad press hechanged the name. they are from the DUTCH area of the state.. holland grand rapids, ( strict Calvinists) also the home of Gerry Ford, pardoner of Nixon. The devos family were the first private citizens to enter Fords oval office. Devos got their money from Amway..the ponzi company.

But there is no right wing conspiracy.

Although I do not vouch for The Intercept, there is a story one of their writers did about Eric Prince and his guys 'hunting' people [using military style equipment, night goggles, etc]. Might have been in Africa. 

THEY  are a mercenary outfit for sure..and a private intelligence outfit that does get large contracts from the US. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views