AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Darlings of Conservatives Charged With 15 Felonies

Message 41 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

If they were saying what you actually think they were saying, it would have been a crime and they would be facing charges.  After listening to the entire tape and not taking a few sentences out of context from the conversation before and after those sentences it becomes clear it is not a crime.  Why don't you go back and actually read the fact check that I posted.  And, again, editing a tape to try to prove your point turns it into propaganda.

When a person's actual words are available with them speaking them I prefer to form my opinion from them rather than some website saying, "What she really meant was....".

So you would rather accept videos that are edited so that the meaning more matches with your agenda or position, correct?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

If they were saying what you actually think they were saying, it would have been a crime and they would be facing charges.  After listening to the entire tape and not taking a few sentences out of context from the conversation before and after those sentences it becomes clear it is not a crime.  Why don't you go back and actually read the fact check that I posted.  And, again, editing a tape to try to prove your point turns it into propaganda.

When a person's actual words are available with them speaking them I prefer to form my opinion from them rather than some website saying, "What she really meant was....".

Then why do you choose to ignore what they really said and hang your on opinion a dishonest editor?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle...  You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of, but in reverse.  You are taking a portion of a conversation and deciding that is what they meant when the entire conversation shows otherwise.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 67

@sp362 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Any editor can turn any conversation into propaganda, which is what was done here.  Your insistence that the edited videos must be correct without looking at the actual conversations and actual facts means that you are unwilling to change your biased opinion.  You do realize that the film crew is the one charged with a crime and not the doctors?
I'm not sure of your point. It seems like you are saying to not hear them say what they are clearly saying because it was edited. Is that it? Did they not say what you can clearly hear them saying? That does seem like a "biased opinion".
Yes, I am aware of who is being prosecuted and that has been the basis of my wondering from the start.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 67

@sp362 wrote:

Any editor can turn any conversation into propaganda, which is what was done here.  Your insistence that the edited videos must be correct without looking at the actual conversations and actual facts means that you are unwilling to change your biased opinion.  You do realize that the film crew is the one charged with a crime and not the doctors?
I'm not sure of your point. It seems like you are saying to not hear them say what they are clearly saying because it was edited. Is that it? Did they not say what you can clearly hear them saying? That does seem like a "biased opinion".
Yes, I am aware of who is being prosecuted and that has been the basis of my wondering from the start.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  I saw the recordings. I'm sure that anyone else who did would not be posting "they didn't" comments.

What recordings? Do you mean the edited videos? That's like saying you watched Moby Dick so there really is a monstrous murdering white whale stalking the oceans. Smiley Happy

Certainly the edited videos. When one spends hours recording a conversation, most of the conversation isn't to the point. The to the point parts did show (among other things) the selling of body parts.

So, editing a video to turn into biased propaganda is acceptable?  Again, try fact checking.

If the words of a PP official tell the truth, it can hardly be called "propaganda". Again, try thinking about the actual words of those individuals.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 67

@alferdpacker wrote:

Lately there have been attempts to make the jello stay on the wall by attempting to nail it there.

That has been an equally amusing failure...

No matter how loud you shout it, the words of those women cannot be changed by calling them jello.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 67

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  I saw the recordings. I'm sure that anyone else who did would not be posting "they didn't" comments.

What recordings? Do you mean the edited videos? That's like saying you watched Moby Dick so there really is a monstrous murdering white whale stalking the oceans. Smiley Happy

Certainly the edited videos. When one spends hours recording a conversation, most of the conversation isn't to the point. The to the point parts did show (among other things) the selling of body parts.

So, editing a video to turn into biased propaganda is acceptable?  Again, try fact checking.

If the words of a PP official tell the truth, it can hardly be called "propaganda". Again, try thinking about the actual words of those individuals.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 67

@Panjandrum wrote:

sp362:  So, editing a video to turn into biased propaganda is acceptable?  Again, try fact checking.

You're never going to get the jello to stay up on the wall. They twist into pretzels in the effort to defend and deflect, but sometimes it's fun watching their antics.

Lately there have been attempts to make the jello stay on the wall by attempting to nail it there.

That has been an equally amusing failure...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs