Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Darlings of Conservatives Charged With 15 Felonies

Message 1 of 67

rk9152,

I have come to the conclusion that rker321 is correct.  If you refuse to read anything, than it is ridiculous to even try to have a conversation with you.  For anything further you post, just go back through the thread and I am sure you will find your answer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 67

To many of our new posters that have not been here long enough, There are posters that are masters of diversion, and masters at not every answering a direct question.

so it really becomes sort of silly, in triying to have them answer anything that you may ask of them
Yes, there are posters that will tell you that the culmination of all of this is not the fact that they have been found guilty of a felony, but will find any other reason to support their theory. 
If not, try to post a question that requires a yes or a no answer and you will see what you get.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 67

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

rk9152 wrote" For such an analysis one would have to have and read the entire transcript. I don't think that is possible."

That argument in nonsensical.

Thank you for that well thought out, informative response.

OK, then why don't you explain your argumment to me.  Are you saying you don't need to know and use the facts to form your opinion?

I have no idea what you want. But, again thank you for the thoughtful and informative comment, "That argument is nonsensical".

Your argument is that it is preferable to form your opinions without looking at all the facts.  Your attempts at being coy and claiming ignorance are insulting.

No, as I think you know, my point is to consider only the pertinent information when making a decision. For example, I do not see the point of being concerned with the "let's get to know each other" elements of the discussions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

rk9152 wrote" For such an analysis one would have to have and read the entire transcript. I don't think that is possible."

OK, then why don't you explain your argumment to me.  Are you saying you don't need to know and use the facts to form your opinion?

I have no idea what you want. But, again thank you for the thoughtful and informative comment, "That argument is nonsensical".

Your argument is that it is preferable to form your opinions without looking at all the facts.  Your attempts at being coy and claiming ignorance are insulting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

sp wrote - "Denying propaganda is propaganda is an old trick and is usually done by people who are trying to confuse the issue, or don't understand the issue.  You can decide what category you fall into."

No doubt they had an agenda but that does not fit the definition of propaganda. Speaking of trying to confuse the issue, how about all those posts about the good done by PP when the subject is really abortion - does that qualify as "propaganda"?

Since you don't seem to know, this is the definition of propaganda: "information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

What they did IS propaganda.  As far as this subject being about abortion, good deflection, this thread and our discussions have not been about abortion, they have been about the supposed "selling" of body parts.

Based on that definition, every time anyone speaks about a political issue (including we posters) he or she is engaging in "propaganda".

Only if you are intentionally trying to deceive.  An honest opinion, using what facts you have available is your opinion.

We are speaking about pols and political stuff are we not? At best, they will always put the best possible face on things.

When you start changing the meaning of a conversation through editing, that is propaganda.  When you change the meaning of a conversation through editing, you are actively trying to deceive someone.

Or you might be talking about taking hours of general chatter about a variety of subjects and removing that so as to get to the point.

Did you even read any of the fact check link, or the paragraphs I copied and pasted out of it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 67

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 67

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

sp wrote - "Denying propaganda is propaganda is an old trick and is usually done by people who are trying to confuse the issue, or don't understand the issue.  You can decide what category you fall into."

No doubt they had an agenda but that does not fit the definition of propaganda. Speaking of trying to confuse the issue, how about all those posts about the good done by PP when the subject is really abortion - does that qualify as "propaganda"?

Since you don't seem to know, this is the definition of propaganda: "information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view."

What they did IS propaganda.  As far as this subject being about abortion, good deflection, this thread and our discussions have not been about abortion, they have been about the supposed "selling" of body parts.

Based on that definition, every time anyone speaks about a political issue (including we posters) he or she is engaging in "propaganda".

Only if you are intentionally trying to deceive.  An honest opinion, using what facts you have available is your opinion.

We are speaking about pols and political stuff are we not? At best, they will always put the best possible face on things.

When you start changing the meaning of a conversation through editing, that is propaganda.  When you change the meaning of a conversation through editing, you are actively trying to deceive someone.

Or you might be talking about taking hours of general chatter about a variety of subjects and removing that so as to get to the point.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 67

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The issue has NEVER been "abortion".

It is, was, and ever will, be depriving poor women of reproductive health services.

Republicans use the navite of the fundies to create an imaginary issue because the GOPerLords understand perfectly that nothing they allow their GOPers to do will have the slightest effect on anyone who is NOT poor. If it did, the GOPerLords would not allow it to be considered by their congresscritters. That is why with all the years of Republican control of Government, nothing has been done to end access to abortion for any except the poor.

Let's clarify here - you think that the "Right to Life" Movement is all about class warfare. Is that right?? Nothing about the right to life of the unborn - is that right?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22