Reply
Regular Social Butterfly

Danica Thomas: Obama and Biden’s system failed veterans and failed my family

We already know that 300,000 Veterans died under the owebama-biden watch...this is one womans story on their failure to support our Veterans:

 

The death of my husband was devastating. He was a two-time Purple Heart recipient and three-combat tour veteran who was left behind by the Obama-Biden administration. In 2013, the administration that assured our veterans that they would be taken care failed them.

 

Staff Sgt. Allen Thomas promised his life to our country at the young age of 19. By 29, he took his own life. After a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of my husband, he was left with life-altering injuries.

 

We spent several months at Walter Reed Medical Center learning what life would look like out of the combat zone. In the following years, he retired out and transitioned to Veterans Affairs (VA). The transition was not smooth; there was no guidance.

 

Getting a doctor’s appointment was the most frustrating, demanding thing. The VA was plagued by backlogs for veteran benefits and healthcare. Hundreds of veterans died while being placed on a secret wait list.

 

My husband was one of them. After our constant battle with stability within the VA healthcare system; a VA emergency room visit which left him untreated; and a series of horrific events, my husband died by his own hand. I buried an American Hero with a baby on each hip.

There has been a stark contrast in the support our veterans have received from President Trump and his administration.

 

Today, under President Trump’s leadership, there is $217 billion secured for the Department of Veterans Affairs — the highest funding in VA history. Today, PREVENTS — the Presidents Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End a National Tragedy of Suicide — is in place. Today, $8.6 billion has been allocated for mental health services with the goal of ending veteran suicide. Today, the negligent bureaucrats are no longer at the Department of Veterans Affairs.

 

President Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers. President Trump has signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.

 

Today, I stand with the administration to help better the lives of our heroes. I am an ambassador for PREVENTS. Because of President Trump’s focus on our veterans and with the Department of Veterans Affairs now being committed to the best care for our nation’s bravest — I can honor my husband by being a helping hand to saving the lives of veterans. By helping those I can, I hope to prevent what happened to my husband from happening to anyone else.

 

Since my husband was left behind by the Obama-Biden administration, there’s no telling what would happen under the Biden-Harris administration. That’s why President Trump’s leadership on this issue means so much to my family and me.

 

President Trump truly listens to us. I know that four more years of his administration means four more years of support for the brave men and women in uniform and their families. That’s why I support Donald J. Trump for President.

 

Danica Thomas is a Veterans for Trump Coalition Advisory Board member.

 

https://www.fayobserver.com/opinion/

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

We are members of a not-so-secret society, Gold Star families and the veterans who served with our loved ones. A diverse group, in no way wholly representative of all Gold Star families or all veterans, but united in a profound sense of loss and hurt.

 

We are hurting because of what we witnessed at the Helsinki summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin: Our very own president defending Russia's attacks upon our nation's elections. On the world stage, Trump declared that he was taking Vladimir Putin's word over that of America's own intelligence community.

 

According to Representative Frederica Wilson, a Democrat, Trump said that Sergeant Johnson knew what he was signing up for when enlisting in the Army; she also said Trump didn’t use Johnson’s name, seeming to forget it, and had left the Johnson family crying. La David Johnson’s mother Cowanda Jones-Johnson confirmed the story, but Myeshia Johnson had not spoken to the press. It was Wilson’s public comments that aroused Kelly’s fury, including an attack on the congresswoman that turned out to be factually wrong.

 

"Your recent comments regarding the Khan family were repugnant and personally offensive to us," reads the joint letter published on VoteVets.org. "When you question a mother's pain by implying that her religion, not her grief, kept her from addressing an arena of people, you are attacking us.".

Regular Social Butterfly

‘We actually fought in your dam wars!’: Biden turns back on veterans during confrontation over war record

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
375 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

‘We actually fought in your dam wars!’

 

Apparently one poster STILL hasn't figured out that both wars were the GOP's and Bush's.  Both inherited by Obama and Biden, just like the recession...

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Who is the leader of an ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

Who is the leader who hired 3 White Nationalists to work in the White House?

Who is the president whom David Duke said is one of us?

Who does the Nazi party support 100%?

Who does the KKK support 100%

Regular Social Butterfly

Biden failed veterans as VP, he’d fail them again as president
TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
447 Views
0
Report
Regular Social Butterfly

OK, let's go there...

 

President Trump has done more for our nation’s heroes than has any other President in history. He promised to give our great veterans the care, benefits, and respect they deserve, and President Trump has and continues to fulfill that promise.

 

HEALTHCARE AND BENEFITS

President Trump is keeping America’s commitment to our veterans by ensuring they receive the quality healthcare they deserve.

 

  • President Trump secured $86.5 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs, the most funding in history for the VA.
  • President Trump signed the historic VA MISSION Act, which:
  • Revolutionizes the VA health care system by increasing choice and raising the standard of care for our veterans.
  • Expands access to walk-in community clinics that offer immediate, local care.
  • President Trump expanded access to telehealth services for Veterans, including those in the VA’s “Anywhere to Anywhere” program.
  • The Trump Administration created a White House VA Hotline, which is primarily staffed by veterans and direct family members of veterans.
  • The VA Hotline has answered more than 250,000 calls and 94% of cases from these calls have been resolved.
  • President Trump is fighting to address the crisis of Veteran suicide in America by delivering help and mental healthcare to veterans that need it.
  • President Trump ordered the formation of the PREVENTS Initiative, a task force that is creating a roadmap to prevent veteran suicide.
  • President Trump supports health care policies to protect patients with pre-existing health conditions and diseases.
REFORMING THE VA

President Trump is putting veterans first by taking action to hold bad VA employees accountable, protect whistleblowers, and fix the culture at the VA.

 

  • President Trump signed legislation making it easier to remove senior VA executives, increase accountability for VA staff, and give new protection to whistleblowers.
  • In the first 22 months of the President’s Administration, more than 4,300 VA employees were removed, demoted, and suspended.
  • President Trump ordered the creation of the Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection at the VA.
  • President Trump signed legislation to modernize the claims and appeal process at the VA.
  • Last year, the VA reviewed a record 81,000 appeals decisions.
  • The Trump Administration is increasing transparency and accountability at the VA by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with access to wait time and quality of care data.
  • The Trump Administration is working to modernize the VA’s medical records to the same system used by the Department of Defense.
EDUCATION FOR HEROES
  • President Trump enhanced educational benefits for veterans, service members, and their families by signing the “Forever GI Bill.”
  • This legislation lifted a 15-year limit on veterans’ access to their educational benefits.
  • President Trump signed a presidential memorandum that ensures our totally and permanently disabled veterans obtain the federal student loan debt discharges they are entitled.
RESTORING MILITARY STRENGTH

President Trump has prioritized funding to rebuild, grow and restore our military’s strength.

 

  • Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed two historic National Defense Authorization Acts (NDAA), which allocates nearly $1.5 trillion combined to the military.
  • The FY2019 NDAA included a 2.6% military pay raise, the largest in 9 years.

 

ENDING ENDLESS WARS

Since day one, President Trump has been extremely clear in his goal of getting America out of endless conflicts around the world.

 

  • President Trump has worked to reach diplomatic solutions to the situation in northeast Syria, while keeping American troops out of harm’s way.
  • Due to President Trump’s Leadership, America will not engage in an endless conflict in Syria that could potentially cost our nation thousands of brave soldiers.
  • Under President Trump’s leadership, the US and the Taliban signed an “agreement for bringing peace” to Afghanistan after more than 19 years of conflict.

 https://veterans.donaldjtrump.com/issues#:~:text=President%20Trump%20has%20done%20more%20for%20our%2....

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
432 Views
9
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

OK, let's go there...

 

President Trump has done more for our nation’s heroes than has any other President in history. He promised to give our great veterans the care, benefits, and respect they deserve, and President Trump has and continues to fulfill that promise.

 

HEALTHCARE AND BENEFITS

President Trump is keeping America’s commitment to our veterans by ensuring they receive the quality healthcare they deserve.

 

  • President Trump secured $86.5 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs, the most funding in history for the VA.
  • President Trump signed the historic VA MISSION Act, which:
  • Revolutionizes the VA health care system by increasing choice and raising the standard of care for our veterans.
  • Expands access to walk-in community clinics that offer immediate, local care.
  • President Trump expanded access to telehealth services for Veterans, including those in the VA’s “Anywhere to Anywhere” program.
  • The Trump Administration created a White House VA Hotline, which is primarily staffed by veterans and direct family members of veterans.
  • The VA Hotline has answered more than 250,000 calls and 94% of cases from these calls have been resolved.
  • President Trump is fighting to address the crisis of Veteran suicide in America by delivering help and mental healthcare to veterans that need it.
  • President Trump ordered the formation of the PREVENTS Initiative, a task force that is creating a roadmap to prevent veteran suicide.
  • President Trump supports health care policies to protect patients with pre-existing health conditions and diseases.
REFORMING THE VA

President Trump is putting veterans first by taking action to hold bad VA employees accountable, protect whistleblowers, and fix the culture at the VA.

 

  • President Trump signed legislation making it easier to remove senior VA executives, increase accountability for VA staff, and give new protection to whistleblowers.
  • In the first 22 months of the President’s Administration, more than 4,300 VA employees were removed, demoted, and suspended.
  • President Trump ordered the creation of the Office of Accountability and Whistleblower Protection at the VA.
  • President Trump signed legislation to modernize the claims and appeal process at the VA.
  • Last year, the VA reviewed a record 81,000 appeals decisions.
  • The Trump Administration is increasing transparency and accountability at the VA by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with access to wait time and quality of care data.
  • The Trump Administration is working to modernize the VA’s medical records to the same system used by the Department of Defense.
EDUCATION FOR HEROES
  • President Trump enhanced educational benefits for veterans, service members, and their families by signing the “Forever GI Bill.”
  • This legislation lifted a 15-year limit on veterans’ access to their educational benefits.
  • President Trump signed a presidential memorandum that ensures our totally and permanently disabled veterans obtain the federal student loan debt discharges they are entitled.
RESTORING MILITARY STRENGTH

President Trump has prioritized funding to rebuild, grow and restore our military’s strength.

 

  • Under President Trump’s leadership, Congress passed two historic National Defense Authorization Acts (NDAA), which allocates nearly $1.5 trillion combined to the military.
  • The FY2019 NDAA included a 2.6% military pay raise, the largest in 9 years.

 

ENDING ENDLESS WARS

Since day one, President Trump has been extremely clear in his goal of getting America out of endless conflicts around the world.

 

  • President Trump has worked to reach diplomatic solutions to the situation in northeast Syria, while keeping American troops out of harm’s way.
  • Due to President Trump’s Leadership, America will not engage in an endless conflict in Syria that could potentially cost our nation thousands of brave soldiers.
  • Under President Trump’s leadership, the US and the Taliban signed an “agreement for bringing peace” to Afghanistan after more than 19 years of conflict.

 https://veterans.donaldjtrump.com/issues#:~:text=President%20Trump%20has%20done%20more%20for%20our%2....


Trump has done nothing  for anyone in the USA or the world fact. Stop using his campaign as everything about him and his campaign is based on lies.

Anyone that supports Trump supports a Tax Cheat, Liar, Thief, Mob Boss, Thief, User  of people for his own benefit. Trump is mentally ill and serves only himself. As Mary and Michael have shown us he is a traitor to his country. Trump and Hitler are the same. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

OK, let's go there...

 

President Trump has done more for our nation’s heroes than has any other President in history.

 

Too bad Veterans don't agree with you...

 

Military Times Poll: Support For Trump Among Military, Veteran Community Declining 

 

And after that pitiful display in the first "debate", I can't see his support increasing....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Regular Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

OK, let's go there...

 

President Trump has done more for our nation’s heroes than has any other President in history.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/09/15/dozens-of-retired-generals-admirals-sign-letter-backi...

 

Centristsin2010:

Too bad Veterans don't agree with you...

 

 

sunluvngal:

LOL  Wow what part of my post WRITTEN BY VETERANS from Military.com, aren't ya'll getting?!?!  Geez, the ol' head in sand syndrome is being verified... yet again.

 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
449 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

OK, let's go there...

 

President Trump has done more for our nation’s heroes than has any other President in history.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/09/15/dozens-of-retired-generals-admirals-sign-letter-backi...

 

Centristsin2010:

Too bad Veterans don't agree with you...

 

 

sunluvngal:

LOL  Wow what part of my post WRITTEN BY VETERANS from Military.com, aren't ya'll getting?!?!  Geez, the ol' head in sand syndrome is being verified... yet again.

 

Your post wasn't written by Veterans! A recent Poll of vets, printed in Military.com said this:

 

Military Times Poll: Support For Trump Among Military, Veteran Community Declining

 

Yeah, the head in sand claim by some  still continues.  Maybe they should join the rest of humanity up here....

 

giphy22.gif

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

As far as trump is concerned, how can he be deemed to be totally supportive of our Military and Veterans, when he cannot denounce racism, white supremacy, misogyny, or religious persecution?

We have many Minorities and Women in service, and who have honorably served...and then consider that trump pardoned white guys who had committed crimes!

Regular Social Butterfly

williamb39198 wrote:

As far as trump is concerned, how can he be deemed to be totally supportive of our Military and Veterans, when he cannot denounce racism, white supremacy, misogyny, or religious persecution?

We have many Minorities and Women in service, and who have honorably served...and then consider that trump pardoned white guys who had committed crimes!


sunluvngal:

My gosh williamb, how many times does this President have to denounce ALL of those things, before the dems and radicals are appeased?!  So far they seem unappeasable!  Also he has shown his support  for ALL races in his actions, ya'll just refuse to admit it.   

 

You want to bring up the color of a persons skin in accusations against Trump? Ya'll better take a good long hard and honest look at  bidens racist history.  Be honest and take a look at the people of another color besides white that he has helped.  He also got a black woman out of prison after many years...and there's many more.  My God, i wish the dems could be honest in their allegations! 

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
434 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:
williamb39198 wrote:

As far as trump is concerned, how can he be deemed to be totally supportive of our Military and Veterans, when he cannot denounce racism, white supremacy, misogyny, or religious persecution?

We have many Minorities and Women in service, and who have honorably served...and then consider that trump pardoned white guys who had committed crimes!


sunluvngal:

My gosh williamb, how many times does this President have to denounce ALL of those things, before the dems and radicals are appeased?!  So far they seem unappeasable!  Also he has shown his support  for ALL races in his actions, ya'll just refuse to admit it.   

 

You want to bring up the color of a persons skin in accusations against Trump? Ya'll better take a good long hard and honest look at  bidens racist history.  Be honest and take a look at the people of another color besides white that he has helped.  He also got a black woman out of prison after many years...and there's many more.  My God, i wish the dems could be honest in their allegations! 


Trump never denied any of them. Biden does not have a racist history, and try as hard as you can but Biden will be better than Mob Boss Mentally impared trump any day of the year.

Trump has killed over 200,000 American this year. Increased the National Debt more than any other President in our history, Does not pay taxes, Steals from the Fed. Government to enrich himself sand family, Lies over 90% of the time, Destroyed the USA in the world. We went from world leader to 3rd world status. As the Foreign Misters of France and Germany said on TV Wed. evening if Trump wins we will go our own way along with many other countries and make the world better, and this includes China.

Honored Social Butterfly

To those who support White Supremacists AND their racist President, Proud Boys, "stand back and stand by" is denouncing racism.

 

giphy (9).gif

 

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 

Seeing as how trump has not denounced any of these items, when did he denounce these? I actually listen to a lot of what he says, and I have not heard any firm, direct denouncements. 

And yes, trump is a racist, so race is an issue to discuss. 
And trump wants to make America white again...if trump was honest about anything, it would be a change of pace for him...but that is a bridge too far. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Retired four-star Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the commander of U.S. Afghan forces, endorsed  Joe Biden for the presidency, citing his time working with the former vice president under the Obama administration and saying the Democratic nominee is "someone that you can trust." McChrystal said Biden “is humble enough to listen to experts, is humble enough to respect people who serve and have served.” 

 

“I think that he would surround himself with an effective team of good people, I think he would set a tone in which he would bring out the best of people. Again, not everyone will agree with every policy, nobody ever will, and that’s healthy in a democracy. But we have to believe in our values, you have to believe that your commander in chief at the end of the day is someone that you can trust. And I can trust Joe Biden,” McChrystal added when asked if he thinks Biden would be a better commander in chief than President Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Cult members deny reality, make excuses for Trump, and/or call it FAKE NEWS. They will never hold him accountable for his words, actions, or deeds. And his words for fallen soldiers have been horrible. Trump doesn't care about them or their families.

 

SALEM, Mass. (AP) Two Gold Star families criticized disparaging remarks President Donald Trump  made about veterans and those serving in the military while recalling the memories of their sons Thursday.

The families of Pfc. John Hart and Lance Cpl. Travis Desiato, both Bedford natives who were killed serving in Iraq, spoke out in front of the Hart-Desiato Bridge, which was dedicated in honor of the two in 2018.

 

We are members of a not-so-secret society, Gold Star families and the veterans who served with our loved ones. A diverse group, in no way wholly representative of all Gold Star families or all veterans, but united in a profound sense of loss and hurt.

We are hurting because of what we witnessed at the Helsinki summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin: Our very own president defending Russia's attacks upon our nation's elections. On the world stage, Trump declared that he was taking Vladimir Putin's word over that of America's own intelligence community.

 

According to Representative Frederica Wilson, a Democrat, Trump said that Sergeant Johnson knew what he was signing up for when enlisting in the Army; she also said Trump didn’t use Johnson’s name, seeming to forget it, and had left the Johnson family crying. La David Johnson’s mother Cowanda Jones-Johnson confirmed the story, but Myeshia Johnson had not spoken to the press. It was Wilson’s public comments that aroused Kelly’s fury, including an attack on the congresswoman that turned out to be factually wrong.

 

"Your recent comments regarding the Khan family were repugnant and personally offensive to us," reads the joint letter published on VoteVets.org.. "When you question a mother's pain by implying that her religion, not her grief, kept her from addressing an arena of people, you are attacking us.".

 

Regular Social Butterfly

It's Obama-Biden Who Viewed Veterans as Suckers and Losers

 

By Deroy Murdock   Sunday, 13 September 2020

 

At least 13 former or current U.S. officials who were in Paris with the president have stepped up and, by name, refuted The Atlantic’s vicious story.

 

Instead, they corroborate Trump’s explanation: Bad weather jeopardized helicopter travel, and the U.S. Secret Service inveighed against a 90- to 120-minute drive each way, partially on rural roads.

An unidentified military aide’s contemporaneous e-mail also cites hazardous weather and, thus, backs Trump.

 

Thus, Trump crushes The Atlantic, 14-4.

 

Team Trump’s dismantlement of this disgusting fabrication offers the perfect occasion to compare President Trump’s care and concern for America’s veterans with the deadly neglect that they suffered under the Obama-Biden administration.

 

—President Trump signed the VA Mission Act, which consolidated seven health programs into one. It liberated vets to avoid waiting at VA facilities and instead receive immediate care among private providers. This law also expanded telehealth and connected vets to countless doctors, from "Anywhere to Anywhere."

 

—The president authorized VA Accountability legislation, which speeds the discipline and punishment of inept, corrupt, or sadistic VA employees.

 

Trump subsequently has told some 7,600 such shady staffers, "You’re Fired!"

 

—Trump approved the "Forever GI Bill," ending deadlines and letting vets use their educational benefits throughout their lives.

 

—He has forgiven the student debts of some 50,000 permanent and totally disabled veterans.

President Trump’s pro-veteran policies are the antidote to Obama-Biden’s toxic treatment of America’s beloved veterans. The previous administration ran a veritable killing field for vets.

 

As a Sept. 3, 2015 CNN.com headline claimed, "307,000 Veterans May Have Died Awaiting Veterans Affairs Healthcare, Report Says."

 

The VA’s Inspector General discovered that — as of Sept. 30, 2014 — 307,173 veterans in the VA’s enrollment system died before being approved.

 

Among these, 18,100 perished between 2010 and 2012, and 30,706 passed away between 2012 and 2014. So, under Obama-Biden, 48,806 vets died while "pending" a "final determination status." 

 

According to CNN, "An internal VA investigation in 2010 found staffers had hidden veterans’ applications in their desks so they could process them at a later time, but human resources later recommended the staffers responsible not be disciplined."

 

"People who fought, and who earned the right to VA health care, were never given VA healthcare," Scott Davis of the VA Health Eligibility Center told CNN in September 2015.

 

"They literally died while waiting for VA to process their healthcare application. CNN reported that Davis "alerted the White House and senior officials at the VA, but was ignored."

 

Under Obama-Biden, as of May 2014, delays and mismanagement contributed to the preventable deaths of at least three veterans at VA medical centers in Atlanta, six others in Columbia, South Carolina; and 40 more in Phoenix.

 

Even worse, administrators in VA hospitals where vets suffered stomach-turning medical abuses or died while awaiting treatment were not immediately sacked.

Instead, they savored promotions and bonuses under Obama-Biden.

 

Sharon Helman directed Phoenix’s deadly VA Health Care System. She initially was placed on administrative leave. She scored a $9,345 bonus atop her $196,000 salary. She eventually was dismissed, not for running a killer hospital, but for not disclosing $50,000 in gifts from a lobbyist, among other unrelated crimes.

 

—Notwithstanding the American Legion’s dismissed complaints, chronic management errors, and a Legionnaire’s disease outbreak that infected 20 veterans and killed six others, Pittsburgh VA hospital chief Terry Gerigk Wolf earned her $179,700 base salary, a perfect performance review, and a 2011 bonus of $12,924. That year, the August 23, 2013 Washington Examiner reported, Wolf’s boss, Regional Director Michael Moreland, scored a $15,619 bonus.

 

—Despite American Legion warnings, local veterans’ protests, and three preventable patient deaths that the VA inspector general tied to deep mismanagement, Atlanta VA hospital chief James Clark collected $65,000 in bonuses over four years.

 

—On Columbia, South Carolina, VA Regional Director Carl Hawkins’ watch, disability-claim backlogs doubled, and at least 95 related documents wrongly were shredded. So what? Beyond Hawkins’ $165,300 salary, his 2007 through 2011 bonuses totaled $79,275

 

—In the 60 VA offices that Diana Rubens oversaw, backlogged disability-benefit claims nearly septupled. Whatever! From 2007 to 2011, she won bonuses of $96,896.

 

The Atlantic got it perfectly backwards: As 700-plus vets attested in anopen letter, President Trump has honored and benefited them and their brothers and sisters in uniform. Meanwhile, Obama-Biden treated America’s veterans like losers and suckers.

 

https://www.newsmax.com/murdock/rubens-helman-hawkins/2020/09/13/id/986695/

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
421 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

If the weather was so bad that Trump couldn't travel to the WWI memorial how did all the governmental leaders of the other countries who were in the same meetings with Trump get to the memorial service?

Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

It's Obama-Biden Who Viewed Veterans as Suckers and Losers

 

By Deroy Murdock   Sunday, 13 September 2020

 

At least 13 former or current U.S. officials who were in Paris with the president have stepped up and, by name, refuted The Atlantic’s vicious story.

 

Instead, they corroborate Trump’s explanation: Bad weather jeopardized helicopter travel, and the U.S. Secret Service inveighed against a 90- to 120-minute drive each way, partially on rural roads.

An unidentified military aide’s contemporaneous e-mail also cites hazardous weather and, thus, backs Trump.

 

Thus, Trump crushes The Atlantic, 14-4.

 

Team Trump’s dismantlement of this disgusting fabrication offers the perfect occasion to compare President Trump’s care and concern for America’s veterans with the deadly neglect that they suffered under the Obama-Biden administration.

 

—President Trump signed the VA Mission Act, which consolidated seven health programs into one. It liberated vets to avoid waiting at VA facilities and instead receive immediate care among private providers. This law also expanded telehealth and connected vets to countless doctors, from "Anywhere to Anywhere."

 

—The president authorized VA Accountability legislation, which speeds the discipline and punishment of inept, corrupt, or sadistic VA employees.

 

Trump subsequently has told some 7,600 such shady staffers, "You’re Fired!"

 

—Trump approved the "Forever GI Bill," ending deadlines and letting vets use their educational benefits throughout their lives.

 

—He has forgiven the student debts of some 50,000 permanent and totally disabled veterans.

President Trump’s pro-veteran policies are the antidote to Obama-Biden’s toxic treatment of America’s beloved veterans. The previous administration ran a veritable killing field for vets.

 

As a Sept. 3, 2015 CNN.com headline claimed, "307,000 Veterans May Have Died Awaiting Veterans Affairs Healthcare, Report Says."

 

The VA’s Inspector General discovered that — as of Sept. 30, 2014 — 307,173 veterans in the VA’s enrollment system died before being approved.

 

Among these, 18,100 perished between 2010 and 2012, and 30,706 passed away between 2012 and 2014. So, under Obama-Biden, 48,806 vets died while "pending" a "final determination status." 

 

According to CNN, "An internal VA investigation in 2010 found staffers had hidden veterans’ applications in their desks so they could process them at a later time, but human resources later recommended the staffers responsible not be disciplined."

 

"People who fought, and who earned the right to VA health care, were never given VA healthcare," Scott Davis of the VA Health Eligibility Center told CNN in September 2015.

 

"They literally died while waiting for VA to process their healthcare application. CNN reported that Davis "alerted the White House and senior officials at the VA, but was ignored."

 

Under Obama-Biden, as of May 2014, delays and mismanagement contributed to the preventable deaths of at least three veterans at VA medical centers in Atlanta, six others in Columbia, South Carolina; and 40 more in Phoenix.

 

Even worse, administrators in VA hospitals where vets suffered stomach-turning medical abuses or died while awaiting treatment were not immediately sacked.

Instead, they savored promotions and bonuses under Obama-Biden.

 

Sharon Helman directed Phoenix’s deadly VA Health Care System. She initially was placed on administrative leave. She scored a $9,345 bonus atop her $196,000 salary. She eventually was dismissed, not for running a killer hospital, but for not disclosing $50,000 in gifts from a lobbyist, among other unrelated crimes.

 

—Notwithstanding the American Legion’s dismissed complaints, chronic management errors, and a Legionnaire’s disease outbreak that infected 20 veterans and killed six others, Pittsburgh VA hospital chief Terry Gerigk Wolf earned her $179,700 base salary, a perfect performance review, and a 2011 bonus of $12,924. That year, the August 23, 2013 Washington Examiner reported, Wolf’s boss, Regional Director Michael Moreland, scored a $15,619 bonus.

 

—Despite American Legion warnings, local veterans’ protests, and three preventable patient deaths that the VA inspector general tied to deep mismanagement, Atlanta VA hospital chief James Clark collected $65,000 in bonuses over four years.

 

—On Columbia, South Carolina, VA Regional Director Carl Hawkins’ watch, disability-claim backlogs doubled, and at least 95 related documents wrongly were shredded. So what? Beyond Hawkins’ $165,300 salary, his 2007 through 2011 bonuses totaled $79,275

 

—In the 60 VA offices that Diana Rubens oversaw, backlogged disability-benefit claims nearly septupled. Whatever! From 2007 to 2011, she won bonuses of $96,896.

 

The Atlantic got it perfectly backwards: As 700-plus vets attested in anopen letter, President Trump has honored and benefited them and their brothers and sisters in uniform. Meanwhile, Obama-Biden treated America’s veterans like losers and suckers.

 

https://www.newsmax.com/murdock/rubens-helman-hawkins/2020/09/13/id/986695/


The Atlantic article is correct and  backed up by people present. The other leaders got to the event as they drove. Trump did not want to go as the Atlantic tells us. I and others gave you the real story as others did so once again you are wrong.

Newsmax is afar right group which has never told the truth about anything, and do not about this.

 

How can you support someone who has killed over 200,000 Americans, Stole one million from the Military Budget, used the military in his poltical efforts so the top military General had to tell all he eas sorry, pays no taxes, enriches himself and family out of tax payer money, lies over 90% of the time, supports the right wing militia, puts children in cages, allows people to get the virus then deports them back to their home country. 

Trump and Hitler the same.

Honored Social Butterfly

The usual garbage sources....

 

Newsmax

 

right051 (3).png

 

 

MBFCMixed (10).png


RIGHT BIAS

 

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

 
  • Overall, we rate Newsmax Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to deceptive advertising that appears as news links and the promotion pseudo scientific information.

Detailed Report

 

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

 

History

 

Newsmax is an American conservative news and opinion website founded by Christopher Ruddy in 1998 and based in West Palm Beach Florida. Christopher Ruddy is the president and CEO of Newsmax Media. According to an Atlantic article, Ruddy is also a close friend of Donald Trump. The website is divided into four main sections: Newsmax, Newsmax Health, Newsmax Finance, and Newsmax World, each divided into various subsections.  Newsmax Media also operates a print magazine called Newsmax as well as the cable news channel Newsmax TV.

Read our profile on United States government and media.

 

Funded by / Ownership

 

Newsmax is owned by Christopher Ruddy who is the CEO of Newsmax Media. Newsmax is funded through advertising and via a paid subscription to their platinum plan, which allows more access to content.

 

Analysis / Bias

 

In review, Newsmax has a category on their side bar called Around the Web, which is nothing more than deceptive advertising that looks like news links and leads to fake pseudo-science information and products. For example: “Suffer with Low Energy, Weight Gain & Fatigue”, which leads to a new website promoting products. In another category called Specials, they publish news with sensational headlines such as: “Nobel Prize Winning Discovery Makes Your Cells Nearly “Immortal” SPECIAL: New way to grow biologically younger,“ which again leads to an advertisement.

 

When reporting real news, Newsmax uses minimally loaded words in their headlines and articles such as “NYT: Growing Puerto Rican Population Could Offset GOP Cubans” and moderately loaded: “FEMA’s Long: No Time For San Juan Mayor’s ‘Political Noise’. Newsmax also aggregates news stories from credible sources such as Reuters and the AP. Editorially, Newsmax leans strongly right, with most editorials favoring the right, such as “Could Google Lose the Left?”, which first appeared in the right biased Conservative Review.

 

When it comes to science, Newsmax does not always align with the consensus of experts in the given field. For example, they often promote that there is “no global warming“, which is simply untrue.

 

Failed Fact Checks

 

 

Overall, we rate Newsmax Right Biased based on editorial positions that favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to deceptive advertising that appears as news links and the promotion pseudoscientific information. (M. Huitsing 10/8/2017) Updated (11/3/2019)

 

Source: https://www.newsmax.com/


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

  One more thought on this hypocrisy that the Far Right is attempting to sell as an excuse to try and get donald re-elected....   They have written an article about the death of a singular soldier - and yet they patently ignore the 200,000+ people who have died of Covid19 as donald prattled on about bleach and UV lights and warm weather and other excuses for his lack of attention to a national pandemic that is persistent in the US and he has done NOTHING but downplay it. 

    But woe is anyone, who finds one singular death a reason to not elect another man.....these supporters are really quite ignorant as to the reality of life and what counts as leadership.   I pity them.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

You are right, Afisher and just watch how the spit on the GOLD Star families that don't support the human scum in the White House!

 

download (24).jpg


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

   Such losers, who dare not look for data or real information to talk about Veterans and Veterans issues.   It is not hard to find, if one can be bothered to read a real report on Veteran issues.    The current WH regime is playing with numbers - not true treatment.

     Look at the number of increasing cases - they are not men, they are women, much like the current Senator Tammy Duckworth and the replacement for weak-tea John Cornyn, who attacked her for daring to have tattoos, which incase you are to lame to know of her combat history, the tattoos, they cover up the scars from the combat wounds she received in Iraq - she covers them because her children would not understand.   Her name is MJ Heager.

 

    White boys who have never served complain - she walked the walk, and they certainly don't want to talk about her, instead they prop up the useless current WH regime with talks of family affected, not the true heroes that served and somehow survived their severe wounds and continued to serve their country.  

     Did I forget to mention that the number of male Vets that use VA services has been static.   The number of women who are using the same Vet services is the source of increase in utilization - but they don't have someone becoming a poster girl for their / her plight, they real heroes, these women, they serve in the military, they are severely wounded and they continue to serve their country...the whiners - they just want more "bennies" aka woe is me.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

We already know that 300,000 Veterans died under the owebama-biden watch...this is one womans story on their failure to support our Veterans:

 

The death of my husband was devastating. He was a two-time Purple Heart recipient and three-combat tour veteran who was left behind by the Obama-Biden administration. In 2013, the administration that assured our veterans that they would be taken care failed them.

 

Staff Sgt. Allen Thomas promised his life to our country at the young age of 19. By 29, he took his own life. After a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of my husband, he was left with life-altering injuries.

 

We spent several months at Walter Reed Medical Center learning what life would look like out of the combat zone. In the following years, he retired out and transitioned to Veterans Affairs (VA). The transition was not smooth; there was no guidance.

 

Getting a doctor’s appointment was the most frustrating, demanding thing. The VA was plagued by backlogs for veteran benefits and healthcare. Hundreds of veterans died while being placed on a secret wait list.

 

My husband was one of them. After our constant battle with stability within the VA healthcare system; a VA emergency room visit which left him untreated; and a series of horrific events, my husband died by his own hand. I buried an American Hero with a baby on each hip.

There has been a stark contrast in the support our veterans have received from President Trump and his administration.

 

Today, under President Trump’s leadership, there is $217 billion secured for the Department of Veterans Affairs — the highest funding in VA history. Today, PREVENTS — the Presidents Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End a National Tragedy of Suicide — is in place. Today, $8.6 billion has been allocated for mental health services with the goal of ending veteran suicide. Today, the negligent bureaucrats are no longer at the Department of Veterans Affairs.

 

President Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers. President Trump has signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.

 

Today, I stand with the administration to help better the lives of our heroes. I am an ambassador for PREVENTS. Because of President Trump’s focus on our veterans and with the Department of Veterans Affairs now being committed to the best care for our nation’s bravest — I can honor my husband by being a helping hand to saving the lives of veterans. By helping those I can, I hope to prevent what happened to my husband from happening to anyone else.

 

Since my husband was left behind by the Obama-Biden administration, there’s no telling what would happen under the Biden-Harris administration. That’s why President Trump’s leadership on this issue means so much to my family and me.

 

President Trump truly listens to us. I know that four more years of his administration means four more years of support for the brave men and women in uniform and their families. That’s why I support Donald J. Trump for President.

 

Danica Thomas is a Veterans for Trump Coalition Advisory Board member.

 

https://www.fayobserver.com/opinion/


Really bad support article from a Trump supporter.

Lets get to the truth.

I could give you a similar story on a very good Friend of mine. It happened in 2004. The problems the author speaks of have been with the VA for years. On thing on my friend. He had to go to a VA hospital in his own State. That was a 250 mile drive, when there was a VA hospital 50 miles away in another State.

The fixing of the Problem was started by Obama when they put in the VA system a person could go to a local Dr. outside the VA. In the City I live in people in the VA system had to go 150 miles for most medical services before that. The AL, and VFW had vans they used to transport a lot of them to and from. It was a mess.

One needs to learn the subject. Trump really did little to help the current system, but claims credit for what others did.

Honored Social Butterfly


@john258 wrote:

Really bad support article from a Trump supporter.

Lets get to the truth.

I could give you a similar story on a very good Friend of mine. It happened in 2004. The problems the author speaks of have been with the VA for years. On thing on my friend. He had to go to a VA hospital in his own State. That was a 250 mile drive, when there was a VA hospital 50 miles away in another State.

The fixing of the Problem was started by Obama when they put in the VA system a person could go to a local Dr. outside the VA. In the City I live in people in the VA system had to go 150 miles for most medical services before that. The AL, and VFW had vans they used to transport a lot of them to and from. It was a mess.

One needs to learn the subject. Trump really did little to help the current system, but claims credit for what others did.


You are right, John.  Obama started fixing the issues Bush and the GOP ignored for years and some don't have the depth to look at the matter objectively....they just want to find reasons to praise their Cult leader...  Some might want to back-off their criticism of John McCain and see how his efforts to address issues in the VA were thwarted by the GOP....

 

Trump’s untruths about Veterans Choice illustrate the sheer audaciousness of his lies 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

We already know that 300,000 Veterans died under the owebama-biden watch...this is one womans story on their failure to support our Veterans:

 

Actually we know that trump lied! And a poster here choses to mislead the forum by repating the untruth here!

 

AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely blames Biden for vet deaths 

 

download (23).jpgdownload (22).jpg

 

Good candidates don't need to lie to America....

 

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Regular Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

We already know that 300,000 Veterans died under the owebama-biden watch...this is one womans story on their failure to support our Veterans:

 

Actually we know that trump lied! And a poster here choses to mislead the forum by repating the untruth here!

 

AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely blames Biden for vet deaths 

 

download (23).jpgdownload (22).jpg

 

Good candidates don't need to lie to America....

 

 


sunluvngal:

Seriously? Actually Trump didn't lie and as far as your picking things line by line... hogwash.  Just like the so-called fact checker ya'll use.  As you should all know by now, i don't put much into "fact" checkers.  Difficult to find one that isn't biased one way or another...just like most here. 😁

A surprising look at the AP “Fact Check”

AP Fact Check is remarkable, and in fact unique among American fact-checkers, in several respects:

  1. 94 percent of the time AP targets a conservative or Republican claim (almost always Trump). This holds true across all standalone fact-check articles from November 1, 2017 through January, 18, 2018. This pattern flagrantly violates the Poynter Institute’s code of principles. Poynter has certified AP Fact Check as abiding by its principles.
  2. AP always argues against the conservative/Republican claim. Often they’ll claim it’s false, but other times they’ll just sort of peter out in a hostile op-ed without actually conducting a fact-check.
  3. AP generally does not provide any sources or links for their claims. In fact, they don’t even provide links to the claim or quote they are fact-checking. Importantly, this violates Google’s policy for fact-checkers that it promotes at the top of search results, yet inexplicably Google still promotes AP. It also violates Poynter’s transparency of sources principle, yet Poynter certified them.

Every one of these things is quite remarkable on its own, compared to other fact-checkers. Politifact, the Washington Post (Glenn Kessler), and even FactCheck.org will sometimes evaluate things leftists say, sometimes rule that leftists are wrong, and sometimes rule that a conservative said something true. And they normally provide sources and links to backup their claims. They’re all partisan and unreliable, but they seem to understand that you cannot do what AP does and call yourself a fact-checker.

 

https://medium.com/@ValidScience/a-surprising-look-at-the-ap-fact-check-bf8ae02343df

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
530 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@sunluvngal wrote:

 

AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely blames Biden for vet deaths 

 

download (23).jpgdownload (22).jpg

 

Good candidates don't need to lie to America...


Seriously? Yes!  Seriously!  Would I kid you?Actually Trump didn't lie According to the AP he did.  Who should readers believe?  and as far as your picking things line by line... hogwash.  Want to make it easy for readers...with all the mistruths posted by some, it can get confusing.  Consider it a public service....

 

Just like the so-called fact checker ya'll use.  

A surprising look at the AP “Fact Check”

AP Fact Check is remarkable, and in fact unique among American fact-checkers, in several respects:

  1. 94 percent of the time AP targets a conservative or Republican claim (almost always Trump). This holds true across all standalone fact-check articles from November 1, 2017 through January, 18, 2018. This pattern flagrantly violates the Poynter Institute’s code of principles. Poynter has certified AP Fact Check as abiding by its principles.
  2. AP always argues against the conservative/Republican claim. Often they’ll claim it’s false, but other times they’ll just sort of peter out in a hostile op-ed without actually conducting a fact-check.
  3. AP generally does not provide any sources or links for their claims. In fact, they don’t even provide links to the claim or quote they are fact-checking. Importantly, this violates Google’s policy for fact-checkers that it promotes at the top of search results, yet inexplicably Google still promotes AP. It also violates Poynter’s transparency of sources principle, yet Poynter certified them.

Every one of these things is quite remarkable on its own, compared to other fact-checkers. Politifact, the Washington Post (Glenn Kessler), and even FactCheck.org will sometimes evaluate things leftists say, sometimes rule that leftists are wrong, and sometimes rule that a conservative said something true. And they normally provide sources and links to backup their claims. They’re all partisan and unreliable, but they seem to understand that you cannot do what AP does and call yourself a fact-checker.

 

https://medium.com/@ValidScience/a-surprising-look-at-the-ap-fact-check-bf8ae02343df

 

That's Jose' view, though he explains it's one of his first fact checks and he confused himself several times.

 

"For my first installment, I want to highlight the performance of AP Fact Check. On November 30, I went through the fact-checks on their homepage, one by one (they were in descending chronological order). Here I’ll walk through the first seven fact-checks I encountered. I only include the standalone fact-check articles, which focused on one specific claim. I skipped the feature called NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week, which was an aggregation of quick hits that didn’t offer any links to sources."

 

From an organization that has done thousands of these verication processes, they say THIS about the AP...


Associated Press

 

leastbiased011.pngMBFCVeryhigh.png

 

LEAST BIASED

 

These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes).  The reporting is factual and usually sourced.  These are the most credible media sources.

 
  • Overall, we rate the Associated Press borderline Left-Center Biased due to left-leaning editorializing, but Least Biased on a whole due to balanced story selection. We also rate them Very-High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.

Detailed Report

Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: USA
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

 

History

 

Inventor and publisher of The New York Sun, Moses Yale Beach started the Associated Press in 1846.  The Associated Press (AP) was created by five New York newspapers.  It is a multinational not-for-profit news agency headquartered in New York City and currently owned by its contributing newspapers, radio, and television stations in the United States. The Associated Press (AP) states its mission as “to inform the world” and describes its brief history as “In 1846, five New York City newspapers funded a pony express route through Alabama to bring news of the Mexican War north faster than the U.S. Post Office could deliver it. And The Associated Press was born.”

 

The evolution of relations between the world news agencies (ReutersAFP, Associated Press) can be read here. Steven R. Swartz is Chairman of the AP, as well as President & CEO of Hearst, and Gary B. Pruitt is the President and CEO of the Associated Press. Here is the complete list of AP Board of Directors and the management committee.

 

Read our profile on United States government and media.

 

Funded by / Ownership

 

The Associated Press (AP) is a nonprofit news cooperative that had a profit of $1.6 million in 2016.  The AP is owned by its contributing newspapers, radio and television stations in the United States, all of which contribute stories to the AP and use material written by its staff journalists. It also sells content to other media organizations. According to an article titled “AP reports loss on one-time accounting charges” the Associated Press lost $74 million in 2017 and it states the reason as “mostly due to one-time accounting charges related to the federal tax overhaul passed late last year.” AP’s Chief Financial Officer is Ken Dale.

 

Analysis / Bias

 

In their political coverage, AP utilizes moderate loaded language in their headlines such as “AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin.” However, the articles are always well-sourced. When it comes to their economic coverage they maintain neutral language and least biased coverage: “US-China tariffs: What’s behind them, who stands to be hurt?” The AP also publishes well researched and sourced articles such as “Science Says: How family separation may affect kids’ brains”, utilizing pro-science sources such as American Academy of Pediatrics.

 

When it comes to reporting on the Trump administration the Associated Press usually maintains a neutral voice, however, in some articles the author demonstrates bias through loaded emotional language such as this: “PUSHED Ukrainian officials to investigate BASELESS corruption allegations against the Bidens”. While this statement is factual, the use of the words “Pushed” and “Baseless” convey negative emotions toward Rudy Giuliani. In general, the Associated Press publishes low biased, highly factual news and in some cases left-biased editorializing by their authors.

 

A factual search reveals a clean track record for the Associated Press.

 

Overall, we rate the Associated Press borderline Left-Center Biased due to left-leaning editorializing, but Least Biased on a whole due to balanced story selection. We also rate them Very-High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (7/6/2016) Updated (M. Huitsing 4/23/2020)

 

Source: https://apnews.com/

 

When has the Right here posted a topic using a VERY Highly Rated Factual source like the AP?  Hopefully, we won't have to wait for the crickets to visit again.....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png