Danes Requiring Christianity Classes To Combat Islamic Terrorism

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Danes Requiring Christianity Classes To Combat Islamic Terrorism

Message 31 of 38

It amazes me how many posters think that immigrants should fully assimilate into their version of "AMERICAN SOCIETY".

THAT IS NOT WHAT THE UNITED STATES IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the United States, just as the states are different but UNITED; groups of immigrants are different but UNITED. If everybody was required to totally assimilate their culture into ONE AMERICAN CULTURE; this country would die a quick death.

Chinatowns, Koreatowns, Little Italys, and Little Havanas.... what would we do without them?

The food, the dance, the celebrations, the religions, and on and on....they need to be preserved.

Our culture IS the mix of these other cultures NOT AN ASSIMILATION of them.

ASSIMILATION IS WHAT THE NAZIS WANTED IN GERMANY!!!!!!

That is NOT what I want in the United States.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 38

@jfpinlvn wrote:

http://patrioticviralnews.com/articles/europe-teaching-christianity-in-schools-to-combat-islamic-ter...

Now we are reverting to propaganda web sites as resource material?

You might as well use the KKK's newspaper, THE CRUSADER, as a resource or possibly, STORMFRONT, the internet resource published by WHITE SUPREMACIST.

Folks, this web site used by @jfpinlvn is SO FAR AFIELD that you can find very little information on it.

DON'T BELIEVE A WORD IT SAYS!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 38

I scoured mainstream papers, including Danish ones, and couldn't find any reference to this at all.  Many references to Danish bigotry, though.  Like banning niqab even though only about 40 women wear it.  Not that I'm a fan of niqab.  It has no basis in religion.  But I'm also not a fan of far-reaching laws to address non-existent problems. 

Denmark always has and still does teach Christian studies in its schools.

It's laughable that anyone thinks Muslims don't know what Easter and Christmas are.   Obviously written by someone who has no understanding of what it means to be a minority. 

Happy Eid, by the way.   Smiley Very Happy   I'm off to go hike and work off some of this maamoul that I enjoyed last night. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?

Without the "I'm in a bad mood again" comments about GOPers, what do you think about requiring new arrivals to understand the culture so they can assimilate?

As a nationalized citizen Many times I have criticized  in the manner that  new arrivals deal with  a different culture.

There are no requirements to any green card holder to learn the language, and attend classes in which yes, the exposure and teachings of the country that they  have just came to.   
Yes, that initial requirement would be very important to the assimilation of any person that comes to this country.
Not everyone has the advantages that I had, like having been educated in the US and when I arrived in 1961   I was already fluent in the language and in the culture.
Perhaps those immigrants that came in the beginning of last century didn't need what is needed in our society today.  I do believe that it would alleviate  many cultural problems. 
This does not mean that anyone has to forget or decline their own original culture, but it would help to understand this new one a lot better.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 38

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?

Without the "I'm in a bad mood again" comments about GOPers, what do you think about requiring new arrivals to understand the culture so they can assimilate?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 38
Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?.........@scout.........If you should go to another country would you expect that country to help you learn their culture and beliefs or would you expect them to change everything to what you believed coming into their country? After all, what was it about the country that made someone want to come there in the first place? I can't imagine going to another country and trying to ram my culture and beliefs down the throats of the citizens of that country. Many of them don't want to learn the culture of another country but have learned that you can protest and make changes to suit their existing beliefs. I wonder if they view the US and other countries as push overs? By the way, Christians are not push overs.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 38

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Danes Requiring Christianity Classes To Combat Islamic Terrorism

Message 38 of 38

"After coming to the realization that second-generation Muslim immigrants are predisposed to committing horrific terrorist attacks on non-Muslims (especially women and children), the Danish government has come upon a novel solution: Why not try to assimilate the immigrants to Danish culture? Crazy, right?

Apparently the Danes have reached a conclusion that their soil is not magical and that just because a Muslim sets foot in Denmark and is given citizenship papers, it does not automatically transform them into a Dane with appreciation for Western civilization, democracy, and the moral restraint to not punch a woman in the face and call her a **bleep** for wearing an ankle-revealing dress.

If only Congress would realize this about our non-magical soil in America! We know this sounds totally insane, but other nations actually do have these kooky ideas about immigration. Don’t believe us? Fly to Tokyo tomorrow and declare yourself to be Japanese. We’ll wait for you to report back with results!

Meanwhile, the Danish government will now require children in Muslim ghettos to undergo 25 hours of coursework on the meanings of Easter and Christmas, Christian morals, language skills and, presumably, the need to not murder members of your host community based on your parents’ barbaric 8th-century values. (Perhaps they should teach the Muslims about Denmark’s Viking history as well, just to let it sink in that they are the minority and the Danes will only be pushed so far before bringing back the “blood eagle.” Just saying.)"

http://patrioticviralnews.com/articles/europe-teaching-christianity-in-schools-to-combat-islamic-ter...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors