Danes Requiring Christianity Classes To Combat Islamic Terrorism

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Danes Requiring Christianity Classes To Combat Islamic Terrorism

Message 21 of 38

Of course, if the Danes tell the truth about Christianity, it will probably encourage more people to join ISIS.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

Forget you obsession with Nazis and Kluxers - do you think it is a good idea for new arrivals to receive the necessary training to permit them to assimilate?

No. Of course not. We need them for their diversity and to help us evolve as a society. They usually gravitate toward communities of their own anyway.  This is why  America does not have an official language. Because there are so many options and so much variety. It is one of the things which makes us great. Certainly not that 1959 TV sitcom driven image that Trump wants to propagate. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:

http://patrioticviralnews.com/articles/europe-teaching-christianity-in-schools-to-combat-islamic-ter...

Now we are reverting to propaganda web sites as resource material?

You might as well use the KKK's newspaper, THE CRUSADER, as a resource or possibly, STORMFRONT, the internet resource published by WHITE SUPREMACIST.

Folks, this web site used by @jfpinlvn is SO FAR AFIELD that you can find very little information on it.

DON'T BELIEVE A WORD IT SAYS!!!!!!!!!

Forget you obsession with Nazis and Kluxers - do you think it is a good idea for new arrivals to receive the necessary training to permit them to assimilate?

No - variants of "brainwashing" and refusing to accept persons too morally and ethically grounded to believe and accept despicable conservative racist and bigoted "trump morals" is unquestionably NOT the best way to get the best possible immigrants - it is, however, a way to get an even greater number of despicable scumbag racists and bigots - like a very significant percentage of those who voted for trump... 

However the "pre-admission-training" concept is something that Putin will be pleased to learn that his trolls and bots have succeeded in planting in the credulous "minds" of trump supporters...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 38

(Perhaps they should teach the Muslims about Denmark’s Viking history as well, just to let it sink in that they are the minority and the Danes will only be pushed so far before bringing back the “blood eagle.” Just saying.)"

Great source, they sound like a certified hate group any Islamaphobe could be proud of.

The blood eagle is a ritualized method of execution, detailed in late skaldic poetry. According to the two instances mentioned in the Sagas, the victims (in both cases members of royal families) were placed in a prone position, their ribs severed from the spine with a sharp tool, and their lungs pulled through the opening to create a pair of “wings”. There is continuing debate about whether the ritual was a literary invention, a mistranslation of the original texts, or an authentic historical practice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_eagle

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 38

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?

Without the "I'm in a bad mood again" comments about GOPers, what do you think about requiring new arrivals to understand the culture so they can assimilate?

If we gave that type of course on American values, etc. to the far right  they would all fail, and we could get rid of them and save the country. Lets start tomorrow with all far right Reb. attending. We could all supply the names of some far right Reb, then they could round them up and put them in the camps they are putting the poor kids in.

Let's see - you can offer gobbly-**bleep** in response to a post of mine responding to scout, but I (according to your strange rules) cannot point out the gobbly-**bleep**. 

Truly strange.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 38

@nctarheel wrote:

@jfpinlvn wrote:

http://patrioticviralnews.com/articles/europe-teaching-christianity-in-schools-to-combat-islamic-ter...

Now we are reverting to propaganda web sites as resource material?

You might as well use the KKK's newspaper, THE CRUSADER, as a resource or possibly, STORMFRONT, the internet resource published by WHITE SUPREMACIST.

Folks, this web site used by @jfpinlvn is SO FAR AFIELD that you can find very little information on it.

DON'T BELIEVE A WORD IT SAYS!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 38

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?

Without the "I'm in a bad mood again" comments about GOPers, what do you think about requiring new arrivals to understand the culture so they can assimilate?

As a nationalized citizen Many times I have criticized  in the manner that  new arrivals deal with  a different culture.

There are no requirements to any green card holder to learn the language, and attend classes in which yes, the exposure and teachings of the country that they  have just came to.   
Yes, that initial requirement would be very important to the assimilation of any person that comes to this country.
Not everyone has the advantages that I had, like having been educated in the US and when I arrived in 1961   I was already fluent in the language and in the culture.
Perhaps those immigrants that came in the beginning of last century didn't need what is needed in our society today.  I do believe that it would alleviate  many cultural problems. 
This does not mean that anyone has to forget or decline their own original culture, but it would help to understand this new one a lot better.

Not "instead of" but rather "in addition to". The Irish still drink beer in memory of St. Pat. The Italians still have their festivals involving carrying statues through the streets. The Greek kids still chase that cross into the waters off Tarpon Springs.

These are activities that are part of their tradition - yet they are still totally part of American culture.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 38

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

As a nationalized citizen Many times I have criticized  in the manner that  new arrivals deal with  a different culture.

There are no requirements to any green card holder to learn the language, and attend classes in which yes, the exposure and teachings of the country that they  have just came to.   
Yes, that initial requirement would be very important to the assimilation of any person that comes to this country.
Not everyone has the advantages that I had, like having been educated in the US and when I arrived in 1961   I was already fluent in the language and in the culture.
Perhaps those immigrants that came in the beginning of last century didn't need what is needed in our society today.  I do believe that it would alleviate  many cultural problems. 
This does not mean that anyone has to forget or decline their own original culture, but it would help to understand this new one a lot better.

"rk"wants "pre-assimilation to be a pre-requisite for immigrantion?

Using an expression currently associated with Robert de Niro - I say **bleep** that...

A friend since my teens read, wrote, and spoke Swedish and German - his family retained both the languages and customs their immigrant ancestors brought to this country, and spoke both languages at home along with English...  

Yes, his Greats - even though technically illegal immigrants in the late 1800s, had believable stories and were considered citizens by the residents of their community in Wisconsin, voted in every election. (GASP) and considered themselves US Citizens...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If we gave that type of course on American values, etc. to the far right  they would all fail, and we could get rid of them and save the country. Lets start tomorrow with all far right Reb. attending. We could all supply the names of some far right Reb, then they could round them up and put them in the camps they are putting the poor kids in.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 38

So, state run medical care is off the table, state run daycare is off the table, state managed pensions is off the table, mandatory minimum vacation times are off the table.....................but mandate religious training like they do in Iran and the RWNJs are all in. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.