Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Danes Requiring Christianity Classes To Combat Islamic Terrorism

Message 11 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Forget you obsession with Nazis and Kluxers - do you think it is a good idea for new arrivals to receive the necessary training to permit them to assimilate?

No. Of course not. We need them for their diversity and to help us evolve as a society. They usually gravitate toward communities of their own anyway.  This is why  America does not have an official language. Because there are so many options and so much variety. It is one of the things which makes us great. Certainly not that 1959 TV sitcom driven image that Trump wants to propagate. 

'Evolve" to what? Are you suffering from "American guilt" as well as "white guilt". They are coming here. That should lead one to believe that they like what we are.

I don't care if they "like what they are". I want them to add diversity of ideas, customs, food, songs, work processes, and all the other ways the diverse cultures and languages which exist in America have contributed to our social and economic success.   Only an idiot would try to standardize immigrants so as to lose one of the biggest values they provide America. Diversity. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Let's see - you can offer gobbly-**bleep** in response to a post of mine responding to scout, but I (according to your strange rules) cannot point out the gobbly-**bleep**. 

Truly strange.

Just a suggestion - try using the word "goop" instead of a slur against Asians.

Yeah, I figured that out. I guess we can't expect an automated monitor to apply common sense.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?

Without the "I'm in a bad mood again" comments about GOPers, what do you think about requiring new arrivals to understand the culture so they can assimilate?

They should pass the same test for citizenship we're already using. A test that all Foxbopts would fail because the questions are factual.

As for assimilation, that can be greatly enhanced by repealing the Reagan Taxscam and rebuilding the World-class public school system our Grandparents built for us but which Republicans destroyed because teachers tend to vote Democratic.

I have no idea what "Foxbopts" are but the question had to do with assistance in assimilation - not your favorite bug-a-boo.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Forget you obsession with Nazis and Kluxers - do you think it is a good idea for new arrivals to receive the necessary training to permit them to assimilate?

So does that mean you align your philosophy with the media site, PATRIOTICVIRALNEWS?

What kind of training are you proposing for those entering the United States?

Please be specific.

I did not offer a curriculum. I simply asked whether or not training to assist in assimilation was a good idea. Your view????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Will these classes on Christian traditions be held in the "no-go zones" GOPers think exist, or is there an actual place?

Without the "I'm in a bad mood again" comments about GOPers, what do you think about requiring new arrivals to understand the culture so they can assimilate?

If we gave that type of course on American values, etc. to the far right  they would all fail, and we could get rid of them and save the country. Lets start tomorrow with all far right Reb. attending. We could all supply the names of some far right Reb, then they could round them up and put them in the camps they are putting the poor kids in.

Let's see - you can offer gobbly-**bleep** in response to a post of mine responding to scout, but I (according to your strange rules) cannot point out the gobbly-**bleep**. 

Truly strange.

You said bye bye to me and that means you did not want to post to me and I will enforce your wish.

I tend to respond to posts addressed to me. A character fault by your standards I suppose.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 38

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

No. Of course not. We need them for their diversity and to help us evolve as a society. They usually gravitate toward communities of their own anyway.  This is why  America does not have an official language. Because there are so many options and so much variety. It is one of the things which makes us great. Certainly not that 1959 TV sitcom driven image that Trump wants to propagate. 

'Evolve" to what? Are you suffering from "American guilt" as well as "white guilt". They are coming here. That should lead one to believe that they like what we are.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

Truly strange.

Just a suggestion - try using the word "goop" instead of a slur against Asians.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

They should pass the same test for citizenship we're already using. A test that all Foxbopts would fail because the questions are factual.

As for assimilation, that can be greatly enhanced by repealing the Reagan Taxscam and rebuilding the World-class public school system our Grandparents built for us but which Republicans destroyed because teachers tend to vote Democratic.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

So does that mean you align your philosophy with the media site, PATRIOTICVIRALNEWS?

What kind of training are you proposing for those entering the United States?

Please be specific.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

If we gave that type of course on American values, etc. to the far right  they would all fail, and we could get rid of them and save the country. Lets start tomorrow with all far right Reb. attending. We could all supply the names of some far right Reb, then they could round them up and put them in the camps they are putting the poor kids in.

Truly strange.

You said bye bye to me and that means you did not want to post to me and I will enforce your wish.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.