Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

DUMP TRUMPCARE - ONLY 17% APPROVE IT

Only 17% of Americans approve of Senate GOP health-care bill, poll says

CNBC
Jacob Pramuk
1 hr ago
The Senate's Obamacare replacement bill is faring no better with the public than the highly criticized plan that passed the House earlier this year.

Only 17 percent of Americans approve of the Senate GOP's Better Care Reconciliation Act, versus 55 percent who disapprove, according to an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll released Tuesday. Some 24 percent of respondents said they had not heard enough about it to have an opinion.
Sponsored by The Home Depot

Lifesmart Bermuda DLX 4-Person Plug and Play Spa with Upgraded 20-Jet an...
The Bermuda DLX, by Lifesmart Spas plugs into any standard outlet. There is no need for custom wiring or installation. Simply fill it wit...
Senate Republicans on Tuesday delayed their plan to vote on the bill this week amid mounting opposition from the party's moderate and conservative planks. Moderate senators have raised concerns about the possible growth in uninsured Americans and the plan's rollback of Medicaid expansion. Conservatives have said the bill does not go far enough to repeal Obamacare.
The poll was taken from June 21 to June 25, even before the release of a Congressional Budget Office report that estimated the bill would lead to 22 million more uninsured Americans by 2026.
Just 8 percent of Democrats approved of the proposal, while 78 percent disapproved. Some 35 percent of Republicans approved of the bill, compared to 21 percent who disapproved.
Independents disapproved of the plan by a margin of 68 percent to 13 percent.
The approval figures almost exactly mirror a March Quinnipiac poll on the House's Obamacare replacement bill. That survey showed it got 17 percent approval and 56 percent disapproval.
The dismal approval rating complicates matters for senators who may be on the fence about voting for the plan. For instance, Sen. Dean Heller of Nevada, a vulnerable Republican up for re-election next year, came out strongly against the current plan during a press conference last week.
The Senate bill could change as leadership seeks to make amendments or concessions to win over skeptical members.
The NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll surveyed 1,205 adults and has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 2.8 percentage points. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/only-17percent-of-americans-approve-of-senate-gop-health-care...

Honored Social Butterfly

   I'd say 'don't be stupid....but'.      The tax cuts that were promised by Donald et al are largely subsidized by the doing away with ACA.     Otherwise the GOP would be forced to admit that deficitis and national debt complaints are just what they do when they are not in power.    

 

    Reminder:   Warren Buffet renamed Trumpcare:  Relief for the Rich ACT.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

What needs to happen is for the 83% of Americans who DISAPPROVE of the GOPer plan to redistribute Wealth to the Uberrich and Death to the 99%  REMEMBER what the GOPers want to do and WILL do if they just get a couple more cryptonazis elected.

 

The job of the Dems from now until Nov 2018 is to make certain NOBODY forgets what Yertle and the GOPers want to do to the bottom 99% so their GOPerLords can become even richer without working for it.

Honored Social Butterfly

There is no such thing as Trumpcare...  It simply does not exist except in the minds of democrats.

 

The bill in the senate is simply Obamacare lite and is a very BAD bill.

 

I say toss it in the trash can and let Obamacare finish imploding.  The free market will solve the problem.  The job of the government is not to pick winners or losers but to make sure the "Free Market" stays free!

 

Let's get on with TAX reform.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
311 Views
13
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

There is no such thing as Trumpcare...  It simply does not exist except in the minds of democrats.

Nope .... Your Republicans created it .... AND TRUMP SUPPORTS IT!!!

 

The bill in the senate is simply Obamacare lite and is a very BAD bill.

Half right .... it's bad alright!  But it's a death wish created by Republicans and supported by Trump!

 

I say toss it in the trash can

Where it came from ...

 

and let Obamacare finish imploding.

No .... just fix the issues with it.

 

 The free market will solve the problem.  

With human lives??? .... Absurd!!!

 

The job of the government is not to pick winners or losers but to make sure the "Free Market" stays free!

Nothing to do with protecting human life with adequate health care!

 

 

 Let's get on with TAX reform.

i.e:  Giving the wealthy more handouts with tax cuts while taxing the middle class to death by taking away their deductions and personal exemptions!

 

 

 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@myexper wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

There is no such thing as Trumpcare...  It simply does not exist except in the minds of democrats.

Nope .... Your Republicans created it .... AND TRUMP SUPPORTS IT!!!

 

The bill in the senate is simply Obamacare lite and is a very BAD bill.

Half right .... it's bad alright!  But it's a death wish created by Republicans and supported by Trump!

 

I say toss it in the trash can

Where it came from ...

 

and let Obamacare finish imploding.

No .... just fix the issues with it.

 

 The free market will solve the problem.  

With human lives??? .... Absurd!!!

 

The job of the government is not to pick winners or losers but to make sure the "Free Market" stays free!

Nothing to do with protecting human life with adequate health care!

 

 

 Let's get on with TAX reform.

i.e:  Giving the wealthy more handouts with tax cuts while taxing the middle class to death by taking away their deductions and personal exemptions!

 

 

 


 


That's what makes America great.  We can all have our own opinion, you have mine and now I have yours...

 

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
314 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

There is no such thing as Trumpcare...  It simply does not exist except in the minds of democrats.

Nope .... Your Republicans created it .... AND TRUMP SUPPORTS IT!!!

 

The bill in the senate is simply Obamacare lite and is a very BAD bill.

Half right .... it's bad alright!  But it's a death wish created by Republicans and supported by Trump!

 

I say toss it in the trash can

Where it came from ...

 

and let Obamacare finish imploding.

No .... just fix the issues with it.

 

 The free market will solve the problem.  

With human lives??? .... Absurd!!!

 

The job of the government is not to pick winners or losers but to make sure the "Free Market" stays free!

Nothing to do with protecting human life with adequate health care!

 

 

 Let's get on with TAX reform.

i.e:  Giving the wealthy more handouts with tax cuts while taxing the middle class to death by taking away their deductions and personal exemptions!

 

 

 


 


That's what makes America great.  We can all have our own opinion, you have mine and now I have yours...


Actually, staying informed makes America great. And posted facts, obtained by staying informed, have negated your admitted opinions.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Exactly, the issues with Obamacare can be fixed.  What Republicans forget they had a voice in Obamacare also.  So if there is a problem with it is part of their problem.  But no, they have to make a big production of repealing.  When the only thing they want is give Big Insurance their way on how to drain money out of the consumer with hospitals and doctors charging what they want for healthcare.  Maybe along the way giving the 2% a big tax break.  And yes, Hospitals and doctors with their outragous prices are backing the repeal also.

Honored Social Butterfly

Creppelrm-- Sadly, the Republican "death care bil doesn't maybe give the rich a tax break , it does.

 

Another poster made very clear the Republican position. It's not about lives, it's not about taking care of the American people, it's about money.  It's about greed, it's about inhumanity, it's about selfishness, it's about immorality,  for it is truly a moral to put money I had of human lives.

Shameful to be an American these days when we have to explain to people from other countries that not all people are this selfish, greedy,  and ruthless as stupid little donnie, his equally stupid Republican minions, and the ridiculous trump Rangers. 

 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

I wish any politician would  respond as to why a Single Payer system is not for us

So many countries around the world function with such  a system and it obviously works in their country. I am sure that they are all different and tailor to their country's need. 
Here in the US I constantly here specially Republicans saying that the only thing that the Democrats want is single payer. I don't believe so, they want Obamacare
But that is not the issue, I would like for them to provide me with an explanation as to why it would not work in the US
I just heard today from one of them that it would not work "just look at the VA system"  I don't know if this person knew what he was saying but I suspect that by his answer he did not.
So why can't we have in this country like in so many others, a single payer system.  Insurances do exist, they compliment the system.  so why, is it that they won't even think about it? or explain as to why it wouldn't work in the US while it works elsewhere.

no name
0 Kudos
313 Views
7
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

rker posted..

So why can't we have in this country like in so many others, a single payer system. Insurances do exist, they compliment the system. so why, is it that they won't even think about it? or explain as to why it wouldn't work in the US while it works elsewhere.

================================================

Just look at Canada and there two tier health care system.. if you want great care and have the money you go to a private clinic...others go to government approved clinics and hospitals. Not what I would want.

Think about it.

0 Kudos
368 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
rker posted..

So why can't we have in this country like in so many others, a single payer system. Insurances do exist, they compliment the system. so why, is it that they won't even think about it? or explain as to why it wouldn't work in the US while it works elsewhere.

================================================

Just look at Canada and there two tier health care system.. if you want great care and have the money you go to a private clinic...others go to government approved clinics and hospitals. Not what I would want.

Think about it.


I am so glad you posted that. because in the US they wouldn't have the chance to go to either. now is that what you want? think  about it

no name
0 Kudos
372 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

rker posted..

I am so glad you posted that. because in the US they wouldn't have the chance to go to either. now is that what you want? think about it

=============================================

I did think about it and we will always have a choice just like they do in Canada today...go to the Government approved care or if you have the money go to a private clinic that is not government run. Choice is good.

BTW I have posted many links showing the number of Doctors and/or clinics that are not taking patients on Medicare or Medicaid . Think about that.
0 Kudos
672 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
rker posted..

I am so glad you posted that. because in the US they wouldn't have the chance to go to either. now is that what you want? think about it

=============================================

I did think about it and we will always have a choice just like they do in Canada today...go to the Government approved care or if you have the money go to a private clinic that is not government run. Choice is good.

BTW I have posted many links showing the number of Doctors and/or clinics that are not taking patients on Medicare or Medicaid . Think about that.
So many "alternative facts", so little time. 
  • In Canada (and many other countries with universal care), doctors run their own private practices, just like they do in the US.
  • Doctors in Canada do make less than their US counterparts. But they also have lower overhead, and usually much better working conditions.
  • Canada’s health care system runs on federal guidelines that ensure uniform standards of care, but each territory and province administers its own program.

The real facts are here. Just in case you are not a conservative and interested in facts.

Honored Social Butterfly

Rich posted..

In Canada (and many other countries with universal care), doctors run their own private practices, just like they do in the US.
Doctors in Canada do make less than their US counterparts. But they also have lower overhead, and usually much better working conditions.
Canada’s health care system runs on federal guidelines that ensure uniform standards of care, but each territory and province administers its own program.

===================================================

Facts? From PNHP (sic).

Facts like you posted about the $15 min wage in Seattle?

The fact is in Canada they have a two tier system.

FYI https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-tier_healthcare

Two-tier healthcare is a situation in which a basic government-provided healthcare system provides basic care, and a secondary tier of care exists for those who can pay for additional, better quality or faster access. Most countries have both publicly and privately funded healthcare, but the degree to which it creates a quality differential depends on the way the two systems are managed, funded, and regulated.
Some publicly

 

------------------------------------------------

 

You posted..". Just in case you are not a conservative and interested in facts."

 

I am a conserative and I do believe in facts...do you?  

0 Kudos
634 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Trumpdontcare has nothing to do with health care and everything to do with wealth redistribution. The Senate Republican's plan will reduce $770 BILLION from Medicaid payments in the next decade, so guess who won't get $770 Billion in doctor and hospital visits?

Guess who WILL get $770 Billion in tax cuts?

Did you guess the 99% and the 1%? Good, now you fully understand Trumpdontcare AND Senate Republicans.

Honored Social Butterfly

Scout--Spot on!  Just like little donnie's proposed budget, this is just a huge money grab-taking much needed money away from the poor and middle class and putting it directly into the pockets of the not so needy rich. 

little donnie does care about the people--his people--millionaires and billionaires-many of whom he has placed in the WH, adding to the depth and breadth of theeven bigger swamp he's created.  Yup, he's the head croc in the murkier, deeper, and much slimier swamp he told the gullible he's eradicate.  AHHH--another lie!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png