Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DUMP TRUMP BEFORE YOUR PERSONAL FINANCES GO TO ZERO

Message 1 of 18

Consumer sentiment slides in November as Americans expect less future income. Consumer sentiment for November fell more than anticipated in the final reading of the month.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DUMP TRUMP BEFORE YOUR PERSONAL FINANCES GO TO ZERO

Message 2 of 18

From CNBC:

A $9 trillion corporate debt bomb is 'bubbling' in the US economy 

• Companies are carrying a $9 trillion debt load, posing a potential threat should rates continue to rise and the economy weaken.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DUMP TRUMP BEFORE YOUR PERSONAL FINANCES GO TO ZERO

Message 3 of 18

And today, I saw the first ECONOMISTS mention the word below:

RECESSION

Hold on folks, TRUMP THE CHUMP is going to take your pocketbook on a wild ride!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:

People cashing in  taking profit (especially seniors)

The Nasdaq in correction territory. (ditto from above)

I paid $2.02 /gallion 2 days ago -(What high?)

Winter is the slow season-record high 6 months ago

Prices still low in Ohio and black Friday has some great deals coming

Sorry  ,but I took a cash distribution with a lot of my gains -Thanks Donald!

Finally Fair trade and more Ameican jobs

It is about time after being taken advantage of for decades

Keep fooling yourself. Trump's economy has the market in turmoil. Stocks are COLLAPSING. Retail is getting routed as one retailer after another reports inferior earnings, Sears is about to close as are all K-marts. Housing is awful affected NOT BY THE WINTER as you mistakenly state, but by increased building costs caused by the TARIFFS. Hotel revenues are declining because people realize that they need to keep more dollars for the increased cost of necessities, again due to TARIFFS. Auto demand is slowing, again TARIFF driven; layoffs to follow soon.

EVERY DAY THERE IS NEW NEGATIVE ECONOMIC DATA REPORTED.

Trump is taking this country down the SAME ROAD he has taken so many of his businesses, you know, @easyed598, like TRUMP STEAKS.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

I think everyone is overlooking the fact that since January 2017

There has always been an inverse relationship between what Trump says & the Truth 

Since then there has also been an inverse relationship between Chaos & Stability

Markets like Predictability - Consistency - Stability

Having - Will See - as the Default Position of the President of the USA is not Predictability

Hearing - I'm a Nationalist from the President of the USA - a Country that has always led the World in the battle for Freedom Justice & Democracy is not Consistency

Hearing the President of the USA put a $$ Value on the life of a US Permanent Resident of the USA who's 2 Minor Children are US Citizens is not Stability

Again, Markets like Predictability - Consistency - Stability 

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:
  • NC Tarheel wrote-Using the immigration system as a political football with one lie after another, utilizing Federal Troops wasting millions, when, at the end, you have turned away the very labor pool that could supply labor when there are record lows in unemployment.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The problem with  Tar`s post is that the labor pool we are looking for is not people who do not understand our language,our culture and doesn`t possess the skills our major companies are looking for. In addition -We don`t know how many criminals are with  the illegal aliens advancing toward our border. Last count was that  there are at least 534 known criminals that have been identified.

MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of immigrants came to this country not knowing ENGLISH, not familiar with OUR CULTURE, and NOT POSSESSING SKILLS.

I guarantee that some of your ancestors and my ancestors fit in that group.

As others have done, I want you to PROVE that there are criminals in the group of refugees.

You can't.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

A good point - be careful where you invest that money that you didn't have until President Trump boosted the economy to the point where you got that job you didn't have before.

Maybe T-bills might be a good idea right now particularly if you are approaching retirement. Standard good planning.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

"....Now that Trump's pushing his idiotic trade wars and tariffs, the market is taking a pounding. That will result in LESS jobs and MORE unemployment. But Trump Cult members don't use logic, they believe everything Fox and Trump tells them.....".

No. You don't have an understanding of the markets. There has always been an inverse relationship of unemployment and stock market. The markets do NOT like high employment numbers. I can find you any number of studies showing this relationship for decades. Plus, it has been all of 6 weeks since record highs. Let's use some common sense. What has happened in last 6 weeks? No fundamental changes to the economy.

“A positive correlation between the level of unemployment and forward stock market returns. In general, the lower the unemployment rate, the lower the forward stock market returns and vice versa. In the current quintile (2.5% to 4.4% unemployment), the average S&P 500 return over the following year is 5.6% versus an average of 12.7% in all periods. The best returns historically have come after periods of high unemployment.”

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@easyed598 wrote:
  • NC Tarheel wrote-Using the immigration system as a political football with one lie after another, utilizing Federal Troops wasting millions, when, at the end, you have turned away the very labor pool that could supply labor when there are record lows in unemployment.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The problem with  Tar`s post is that the labor pool we are looking for is not people who do not understand our language,our culture and doesn`t possess the skills our major companies are looking for. In addition -We don`t know how many criminals are with  the illegal aliens advancing toward our border. Last count was that  there are at least 534 known criminals that have been identified.

Do you have a link showing where and how this 534 number came into being.  The few stories I have read on it seems to lack any links to specific facts.  Here is a link from Snopes saying it is "fuzzy math".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/convicts-migrant-caravan/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18
  • NC Tarheel wrote-Using the immigration system as a political football with one lie after another, utilizing Federal Troops wasting millions, when, at the end, you have turned away the very labor pool that could supply labor when there are record lows in unemployment.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The problem with  nctarheel's post is that the labor pool we are looking for is not people who do not understand our language,our culture and doesn`t possess the skills our major companies are looking for. In addition -We don`t know how many criminals are with  the illegal aliens advancing toward our border. Last count was that  there are at least 534 known criminals that have been identified.
Kudos
Views