Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DOW FALLS 1500 PTS - TRUMP BUMP

Message 21 of 37

@easyed598 wrote:

Mand wrote-Best go low risk investment with a high risk White House.

Markets hate instability and what we have at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is just that.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Suit yourself-isn`t that what Paul Krugman said about 13 months ago? I would think more jobs,more money in taxpayer`s pocket and higher gdp  gives the economy more confidence. Of course if those that are happy with getting  .75 % / year on their money market account should stick with it.

Well, looks like the Obama market has finally ended and we are now seeing the market's reaction to the Trump administration. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 37

redacted-duplicity

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 37

RE: Raymond James—What a great advisor I must have to tell me to do nothing!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 37

Mand wrote-Best go low risk investment with a high risk White House.

Markets hate instability and what we have at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is just that.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Suit yourself-isn`t that what Paul Krugman said about 13 months ago? I would think more jobs,more money in taxpayer`s pocket and higher gdp  gives the economy more confidence. Of course if those that are happy with getting  .75 % / year on their money market account should stick with it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 37

Phyliss wrote-I know you will do what you will do. But pulling funds now is not well advised. I spoke with my financial consultant (Raymond James) this morning, and he said we are in the middle of a market correction, and feels that within two weeks the market will restabilize.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Market will probably be flat until June but should recover to about 25,000 (dow) and stick there for a few months. Raymond James is making money on fees by all those selling stock. Good to sit tight . The 10 % I cashed in  more than covered the commission and happy for the profit.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 37

Best go low risk investment with a high risk White House.

Markets hate instability and what we have at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. is just that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 37

@MIseker wrote:
profit taking here too.
Plan is to pull all of the yearly profits and spend it on property improvement.

I know you will do what you will do. But pulling funds now is not well advised. I spoke with my financial consultant (Raymond James) this morning, and he said we are in the middle of a market correction, and feels that within two weeks the market will restabilize.

He also called to my attention that the market is still up 2% for the year. This correction has been a long time in coming – – there has been a bubble, which anyone who is been paying attention has noted, and with a little bit of inflation thrown in, Wall Street reacts.

What I plan to do is move my investments from medium to low risk. 

Good luck to you with whatever path you choose to take.

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 37

Market experts are rethinking Trump's policies and the future damage !---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Future damage?? All those with new jobs and more money in their pocket probably won`t agree. The markets don`t affect that part of the economy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 37

@MIseker wrote:
profit taking here too.
Plan is to pull all of the yearly profits and spend it on property improvement.

Not well advised. Called my very reputable broker today who said we are in the middle of predicted correction—his advice—sit tight!

The market has been due for a correction. It happens about once every 10 years. There has been a bubble there which has been apparent to many, and a correction is necessary.  Overall, the market is still up 2% for this year, and that’s pretty good. 

What I intend to do is have my financial consultant move my invest notes from medium risk to low-risk. 

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 37

Market experts are rethinking Trump's policies and the future damage !

Must be Market confidence in Trump's removal of Fed. Chair. Yellen and her replacement.

NICE !!!

Kudos
Views