Honored Social Butterfly

DOJ to Defend trump in Rape Case

DOJ seeks to defend Trump in rape accuser E. Jean Carroll's defamation lawsuit

The Department of Justice filed a motion notifying a New York State court Tuesday that it intends to replace President Trump's private lawyers to defend him in a defamation lawsuit brought by writer E. Jean Carroll.

Why it matters: It's highly unusual for the DOJ to intervene in such cases. The department said in its notice that it intervened because Trump was "acting within the scope of his office as President of the United States" when he said last year that Carroll was "totally lying" about claims that he raped her in the mid-1990s.

What they're saying: Trump "knows that I told the truth," Carroll said in an emailed statement, noting that when she said he sexually assaulted her and he "knows that he was lying when he said that he had never met me before and that I 'wasn’t his type.'"

• "Today's actions demonstrate that Trump will do everything possible, including using the full powers of the federal government, to block discovery from going forward in my case before the upcoming election to try to prevent a jury from ever deciding which one of us is lying," she added. 
  • The White House said in a statement emailed to Axios that Carroll "was trying to sell a book" when she sued the president for defamation "for denying her baseless claims" and that the DOJ's action was warranted because of a law called the Federal Tort Claims Act.
"The Department's action adheres to the plain language and intent of the Statute which the courts have confirmed applies when elected officials, such as members of Congress, respond to press inquiries including with respect to personal matters."

DOJ seeks to defend Trump in rape accuser E. Jean Carroll's defamation lawsuit 

Another, an incredibly corrupt matter involving trump and the DOJ/AG Barr!

Do YOU want YOUR tax dollars paying for trump's defense in a rape accusation case?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

I am laughing my head off.. We all know that we have posters that spent many posts telling us how much the tax payer paid for Obama vacations. Not only he has surpassed  that figurs playing golf but now we the tax payer will pay for this atty in his defense on a sexual attack. I wonder how much it will cost  us tax payers for all of this?

goodlol.jpg

no name
Social Butterfly

Whatever happened to Rudy?

If he can go to Ukraine for Trump, he can go to this court for him.

Methinks Trump is out of money.

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh My, the FAR RIGHT have no answer for this.   Apparently they believe that paying for donald's personal lawyer is a great thing for them to do.   Keep shoveling Far Right - your guy is going to set a new rule.    

Assuming this nation survives - then every other person who lives in the WH can use the same malfeasance - and point the to Far Right imbecile / Donald as the standard bearer for this nonsense.

It is no wonder that they can't come up with a justification - all the far right "thinkers" are stumped.    Maybe QA will come up with a grand excuse for this...

Yep, the Far Right and all the fellow travelers are totally blank for why the tax payer is footing the bill for his personal law suits. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Barr’s actions are totally outrageous, and must be dealt with and stopped. 
But, could this also be a trump & barr distraction for the press to chase also. 

The primary subject to keep out in front of the news:

190,000 dead from the virus, due to trump’s inaction and incompetence 

But, do not trust barr

Honored Social Butterfly

OF COURSE tRump's base wants DOJ to provide his defense at no cost to him with taxpayers footing the bill.

Here's my thought on why he needs someone who can overrule actual justice providers -

Ms Carroll's lawyers are demanding a DNA test. Why?

BECAUSE SHE'S GOT A RAPE KIT WITH HIS DNA!

Barr will do everything to keep this from going to trial before the election, and by "everything" I mean Barr will do NOTHING and simply tell everyone he's "looking into it" and cannot comment on an ongoing investigation.

Honored Social Butterfly

The woman accused Trump of rape. Trump said the woman was a liar. The woman sued for defamation and subpoenaed Trump's DNA which he fought for years.  Now, she has the DNA and SUDDENLY Trump was acting as president when he denied the rape charge so you and I get to pay for the defense and the judgement.  Sweet deal for Donnie, eh? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Of course Trump refuses to give a DNA sample because that's definitive proof of innocence or guilt. Ann innocent man would demand a DNA sample but Trump knows he's GUILTY.

In Trump World, it doesn't bother them at all that Trump sexually assaults women. They have no standards for the man.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Of course Trump refuses to give a DNA sample because that's definitive proof of innocence or guilt. Ann innocent man would demand a DNA sample but Trump knows he's GUILTY.

In Trump World, it doesn't bother them at all that Trump sexually assaults women. They have no standards for the man.

The Christian Evangelicals are the real "losers" AND "SUCKERS!

Honored Social Butterfly

: DOJ to Defend trump in Rape Case

Is Trump out of money?.

Honored Social Butterfly

@gruffstuff wrote:

: DOJ to Defend trump in Rape Case

Is Trump out of money?.

Out of money ... and out of respect for the Justice Department .... just like Barr!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Trumps stooge strikes again! What a bum. He needs to be impeached like his boss.
Honored Social Butterfly

Buddy Barr is just as corrupt as Trump is.  Both have sold their souls and debased this country.  This is just another incident in the ever-increasing list of Trump's corruption.  But to use the nation's attorney for his own personal need is maddening.  And it angers me just to think my money will be paying for Trump's indiscretions.  

Just imagine if this were President Obama with this litany of scandal.  Boy oh boy, the dogs would be chomping at the bit or at Obama's butt--chasing him out of office.

Honored Social Butterfly

I read about this. So Barr want the DOJ to be tRump's personal attorney.  Lock Barr and Trump up.

On a sidebar, the woman has requested tRump;'s DNA and he has refused.  Why refuse if it would prove his innocence ????  Just sayin' .....

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I read about this. So Barr want the DOJ to be tRump's personal attorney.  Lock Barr and Trump up.

On a sidebar, the woman has requested tRump;'s DNA and he has refused.  Why refuse if it would prove his innocence ????  Just sayin' .....

Of course, it would prove his innocence, but the problem is, he's not innocent!

Social Butterfly

He wont give up his taxes, nor his dna, but his dna is all over his taxes and this case where he assaulted this woman in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman and assaulted the state of NY over his taxes.

Honored Social Butterfly

What you see happening is another step taken by Dictator Trump on his march to becoming full Dictator of the USA like Hitler did in Germany. There is no rule of law at the JD. It is now the rule of Trump law.

Social Butterfly

Let the DOJ take it to the Supremes, they have already decided he is not above the law and will send it back to NY, where he has many stacked cases awaiting when he loses.

He needs to produce a dna sample on this one.

Defer, delay and deny, that's the Trump mantra.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Let the DOJ take it to the Supremes, they have already decided he is not above the law and will send it back to NY, where he has many stacked cases awaiting when he loses.

He needs to produce a dna sample on this one.

I wonder how soon after Biden and Kamala step over the WH threshold, the Supreme Court will (have to) require/demand rumpstud hand over his dna.  Just a small, tiny sample of himself.  

Defer, delay and deny, that's the Trump mantra.

Justice does move forward, no matter.  Remember the piled high stacks of folders representing rump family business entities they were giving up?  I think that's a comparable image for the cases-awaiting him.  He's out of delays, pretty certain he won't be allowed to leave the country - when he tries to, and he may be strapped for cash - especially when,

like similar white collar criminals, rump.team finds their assets being seized.  That's how law and order rolls, or at least it WILL BE rolling for the ex so called leader.  Never before will a president after leaving office be as prosecuted as trump will be.  He will never stop being a victim.  Putin made the right choice for himself, years ago.

The man is the result of his own actions.  He is not a victim.  He is responsible for his own actions, most of which have been solely for his own interest and advantage. 

BTW, why are the American taxpayers now having to also pay for his defense?  

Social Butterfly

Because William Barr got his degree out of a Cracker Jax Box.

Wonder who he paid to pass the Barr exam?

Social Butterfly

Trump is out of money.

He will use the US to pay his attorney bills.

He is all out of personal lawyers who will defend him.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Trump is out of money.

This is what I suspect as well. 

In any case, it's highly unethical for the Justice Department to do this.    

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Trump is out of money.

IMPOOPUS paid his personal lawyer who was handling the case over $800,000 out of his campaign kitty and now he's running low on funds and can't afford him, so Billy Barr to the rescue. 

Isn't that special?       🐮💩

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Trump is out of money.

IMPOOPUS paid his personal lawyer who was handling the case over $800,000 out of his campaign kitty and now he's running low on funds and can't afford him, so Billy Barr to the rescue. 

Isn't that special?   🐮💩

Very.  When have the peoples' tax dollars ever needed to defend a president in a case of rape against him?  When he's broke and guilty and continues expecting human sacrifice, just for him.  I'm so sick of high maintenance rumpstud and his entire family.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png