Confused about which vaccines you need? Check out this list of every shot you should get after 50.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DOJ’s Defying Hill Subpoenas Undermines Public Trust

Message 11 of 18

@nctarheel please feel free to join the conversation on the actual topic.  Enjoy your day...

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

@Panjandrom wrote:

jimc9152: 

DOJ’s Defying Hill Subpoenas Undermines Public Trust  

The only thing being undermined is the quislings trying to end the investigation.

From the original article:

“National security is really the one area of the law where we really do have to keep secrets, and we really do have to maintain the security of methods of gathering intelligence,” McCarthy (pictured above, right) told Fox News host Laura Ingraham on “The Ingraham Angle” Wednesday night. “So it’s got to be the one place, when you think about counterintelligence, terrorism, intelligence and counterespionage, it’s got to be the one place where the government can look you into the eye and say you can trust us.”

“The problem with this transcends the whole business with Trump and Russia,” McCarthy said. “What concerns me in the long term is there are a lot of things we need to do to protect the United States that require that we will be able to maintain the integrity of intelligence. And I think when they look you in the eye now and say you can trust us, a lot of people are going to look back and say, ‘I don’t think so.'”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Panjandrom, so does that mean you disagree with what McCarthy said in his above comment or would you accept it as valid?

I agree with him.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:
Former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York worries that such conduct subverts government credibility

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/doj-defying-hill-subpoenas-undermines-public-trust-mccarthy-warn...

Only in TRUMP CULT fringe media outlets like LIFEZETTE can one find the stories that reinforce TRUMP CULT philosophy. If you will notice, most of the posters that are Trump supporters almost exclusively use these debunked, deceptive, and delusive media outlets almost exclusively.

It is very obvious as you review the archives that there is a small circle of fringe outlets used over and over and over.

They know that the majority of readers view these outlets as debunked, fringe outlets; and yet, they continue to use the outlets.

What does that say???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@nctarheel 

I get it you don't like the article but like another poster here said on many occasions;  There is no obligation for you to post to my thread especially when you have nothing to contribute to the subject under discussion.

My comment is that is the behavior of an Internet troll.  Are you a troll?  You never seem to post anything of substance, just protest to protest.

Do you have any thoughts on the topic posted?

If you do please share them...  If you do not that is OK too, but please for the sake of this adult forum, refrain from childish and troll behavior.

Food for thinking adults.

OK, folks, this is the third time that the posting above has been posted by @jimc91 with IDENTICAL WORDING to the previous two times.

Repetitive postings with EXACT WORDING is considered SPAMMING.

Worse yet, the immediacy with which this was posted suggests that some automated entity posted the response.

I don't know exactly how BOTS work; but can someone else tell me if an immediate, exact same wording response is something a BOT can do.

If so, AARP has a big problem.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

nctarheel:  Only in TRUMP CULT fringe media outlets like LIFEZETTE can one find the stories that reinforce TRUMP CULT philosophy. If you will notice, most of the posters that are Trump supporters almost exclusively use these debunked, deceptive, and delusive media outlets almost exclusively.

Amen. Where else can they go to find opinions that feed their fantasies?

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

jimc9152: 

The only thing being undermined is the quislings trying to end the investigation.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:
Former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York worries that such conduct subverts government credibility

https://www.lifezette.com/polizette/doj-defying-hill-subpoenas-undermines-public-trust-mccarthy-warn...

Only in TRUMP CULT fringe media outlets like LIFEZETTE can one find the stories that reinforce TRUMP CULT philosophy. If you will notice, most of the posters that are Trump supporters almost exclusively use these debunked, deceptive, and delusive media outlets almost exclusively.

It is very obvious as you review the archives that there is a small circle of fringe outlets used over and over and over.

They know that the majority of readers view these outlets as debunked, fringe outlets; and yet, they continue to use the outlets.

What does that say???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@nctarheel 

I get it you don't like the article but like another poster here said on many occasions;  There is no obligation for you to post to my thread especially when you have nothing to contribute to the subject under discussion.

My comment is that is the behavior of an Internet troll.  Are you a troll?  You never seem to post anything of substance, just protest to protest.

Do you have any thoughts on the topic posted?

If you do please share them...  If you do not that is OK too, but please for the sake of this adult forum, refrain from childish and troll behavior.

Food for thinking adults.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

@jimc91 wrote:

What does that say???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 18 of 18

National Review columnist and former U.S. Attorney Andy McCarthy argued Wednesday that the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) refusal to respond to congressional subpoenas in a timely manner could undermine the public credibility of the agency.

“National security is really the one area of the law where we really do have to keep secrets, and we really do have to maintain the security of methods of gathering intelligence,” McCarthy (pictured above, right) told Fox News host Laura Ingraham on “The Ingraham Angle” Wednesday night. “So it’s got to be the one place, when you think about counterintelligence, terrorism, intelligence and counterespionage, it’s got to be the one place where the government can look you into the eye and say you can trust us.”

“The problem with this transcends the whole business with Trump and Russia,” McCarthy said. “What concerns me in the long term is there are a lot of things we need to do to protect the United States that require that we will be able to maintain the integrity of intelligence. And I think when they look you in the eye now and say you can trust us, a lot of people are going to look back and say, ‘I don’t think so.'”

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has defied multiple congressional subpoenas while slow-walking documents requested by Congress, which is investigating irregularities related to the 2016 election cycle and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server to conduct official government business.

House Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Devon Nunes (R-Calif., shown above second from right) told the DOJ and FBI last week that he wants to remove their redactions in a forthcoming report on allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign.

The former U.S. attorney argued that the revelation of what they were trying to conceal shows the DOJ and FBI cannot be trusted to decide what the public should and should not know about the investigation. (Also on the Fox News panel was Harvard Law School Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz, shown above second from left.)

McCarthy previously served as an assistant U.S attorney for the Southern District of New York. He is best known for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and others for their role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. He resigned from the DOJ in 2003.

The House Intelligence Committee and DOJ have been in a dispute for months over the requested documents. The DOJ and FBI claimed they needed to keep some information a secret for national security reasons. McCarthy countered that reasoning was false and that they were really trying to conceal their own questionable judgment.

Rosenstein also appointed special counsel Robert Mueller to look into Russian meddling, in an investigation that has also been called into question. Politico/Morning Consult found in a recent poll that Mueller's favorability fell to just 32 percent. Critics have questioned whether the investigation is a political witch hunt against President Donald Trump.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz is expected to release a long-awaited report Thursday looking into how the DOJ and FBI handled the investigation during the 2016 election campaign into Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server for official government business.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies