Honored Social Butterfly

DO YOU WANT TO DIE???? VACATION IN FLORIDA.......

SWAMPY DON'S main butt kissing governor is opening all restaurants and bars again.

Let's see what Anthony Fauci says about eating out in restaurants:

Dr. Fauci Warns: Don't Eat in Restaurants | Eat This Not That

I invite all REPUBLICANS, members of SWAMPY DON'S ADMINISTRATION, and all supporters of SWAMPY DON to go have a nice meal, especially in a small bistro type restaurant where distancing is impossible. No eating on a patio though, that's cheating.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

Back to the topic -

Florida's Covid case numbers are on the rise and the governor is irresponsibly opening all bars and restaurants again. Restaurants and bars are one of the top three places where people are most likely to be exposed to and catch Covid-19. Vacationers traveling there and going to bars and restaurants will likely carry Covid-19 back to their respective states. No doubt more people will die because of this. Florida's governor should not allow this to happen.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

A friend of mine who lives here but who has a home in south Florida, caught it down there.  He and his husband had been teleworking from Florida.  He's only 35 and it hit him really hard.  Had to be briefly hospitalized.  Husband is like 46 and caught it too, but was ok. 

But my friend is a germaphone anyway so I'm sure he was doing the social distancing and disinfection thing to a T.  Scary.     

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

A friend of mine who lives here but who has a home in south Florida, caught it down there.  He and his husband had been teleworking from Florida.  He's only 35 and it hit him really hard.  Had to be briefly hospitalized.  Husband is like 46 and caught it too, but was ok. 

But my friend is a germaphone anyway so I'm sure he was doing the social distancing and disinfection thing to a T.  Scary.     

So sorry to hear that and glad they are well.  Are your friends planning on staying in FL for the winter?  How long have they been down there? 

Of course, it's the younger one who's a germaphobe who got hit the hardest.  Another example of how nobody is safe, no matter what the WH admin would have us believe.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

So sorry to hear that and glad they are well.  Are your friends planning on staying in FL for the winter?  How long have they been down there? 

Of course, it's the younger one who's a germaphobe who got hit the hardest.  Another example of how nobody is safe, no matter what the WH admin would have us believe.

They had been down much of the summer.    They are back up here.   My friend's only happy thought now is that he's got antibodies.   😉  Of course, who knows how long and how well they protect.....  But I'm happy he's better. 

And yes, scary that my friend is only 35 and still got it badly enough to be hospitalized.  

I've been working my backside off with cardio and other fitness and keeping Vitamin D levels up, just to up my chances of good outcomes if I get it.  I guess none of it really matters in the end.  

Honored Social Butterfly

People by nature are followers of something.   All the screamers that are grabbing their guns and screaming at others who are wearing masks, or are screaming at businesses that want to survive this pandemic are idiots.

Oh yes, let's open up the country.   While some are to ill informed to realize reality, each case matters and the case load is increasing as RW governors are opening up their states...just in time for election day.     Spread the Pandemic is the new RW / Far Right screaming point.   We ain't afraid until we have to go the the hospital - which is no longer accepting patients and have insufficient PPE to treat the ignorant RW mass.

The guy in the WH doesn't give a **bleep**, he is never in a crowd so he is ignoring all the risks for everyone but himself. 

The RW / Far Right screamers here are all about self, which is pretty amusing, as they call themselves "nationalists' but don't give two hoots about anyone but themselves and "their cause".   

Gees, even the Proud Boy event in OR yesterday had screamers - labeled themselves the 3%er's.      The only guy missing was the White Nationalist guy from CA, who decided that a routine police stop was worthy of shooting at people, running away and then being killed by cops.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

People by nature are followers of something.   All the screamers that are grabbing their guns and screaming at others who are wearing masks, or are screaming at businesses that want to survive this pandemic are idiots.

Oh yes, let's open up the country.   While some are to ill informed to realize reality, each case matters and the case load is increasing as RW governors are opening up their states...just in time for election day.     Spread the Pandemic is the new RW / Far Right screaming point.   We ain't afraid until we have to go the the hospital - which is no longer accepting patients and have insufficient PPE to treat the ignorant RW mass.

The guy in the WH doesn't give a **bleep**, he is never in a crowd so he is ignoring all the risks for everyone but himself. 

The RW / Far Right screamers here are all about self, which is pretty amusing, as they call themselves "nationalists' but don't give two hoots about anyone but themselves and "their cause".   

Gees, even the Proud Boy event in OR yesterday had screamers - labeled themselves the 3%er's.      The only guy missing was the White Nationalist guy from CA, who decided that a routine police stop was worthy of shooting at people, running away and then being killed by cops.    

Great point, afish!  Yes, the extremists are always "screaming" about something; in this case it's the far-right extremists.  Had they just shut up and followed the guidance and recommendations of our health professionals, we would likely be in a much better place today.  It's note worthy that China's economy and the country is open for business and are hosting a major trade show.  Not here in trump's America!!!  He and his "screaming" loyalists will continue to kill innocent Americans!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

All the screamers that are grabbing their guns and screaming at others who are wearing masks, or are screaming at businesses that want to survive this pandemic are idiots.

Are you talking about the liberal rioters?????  That's who's screaming at business owners and threatening them or worse!

Say no to Joe and BLM cult!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All the screamers that are grabbing their guns and screaming at others who are wearing masks, or are screaming at businesses that want to survive this pandemic are idiots.

Are you talking about the liberal rioters?????  That's who's screaming at business owners and threatening them or worse!

No, Nothappening. Here's one of the anti-maskers yelling at Walmart workers and making a hind-end out of himself:                                                                   

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I have a die hard trump supporting Democrat hating cousin in Florida that thinks the Covid is all a hoax and the Dems are the most evil thing on Earth.  Full of hate and contempt. He hasn't caught Covid yet and I hope he doesn't but I have to wonder if he would learn any kind of lesson if he did.  I'm afraid he would just blame it on the Latinos and other minorities in Florida. The trump cult is a strange breed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53  Frankly  I do hope he does blame any of the Latinos in Se Florida they have proven to be as  hateful as he seems to be

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

A fraction of 1% is dying because of Covid19 under age 60! So the people over age 60 should be careful.  Will they????  Florida opening up won't kill anybody unless they are NOT careful!  That's what the Governor thinks and he's correct.  If over 60 (which I am), wear masks in public places, social distance, and judge the restaurant you will be in by the number of patrons they have!

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:
ChasKy53 wrote in blue text:

A fraction of 1% is dying because of Covid19 under age 60! So the people over age 60 should be careful. Oh?  So it doesn't matter if people under 60 get Covid19 and spread it to others? Will they???? Perhaps you should also ask: 'will they be careful and catch it anyway because of all of those under 60 who don't help keep from spreading it?  Florida opening up won't kill anybody unless they are NOT careful! And it won't only kill those over 60. That's what the Governor thinks and he's correct. No, the governor isn't correct. If over 60 (which I am), wear masks in public places, social distance, and judge the restaurant you will be in by the number of patrons they have! No, that is not true, a mask will not protect you, it helps to protect others. If others aren't practicing social distancing and wearing a mask you can catch Covid19 even wearing a mask yourself. Restaurants are one of the top three places where a person is likely to catch Covid19 and other viruses. Why?  Because they are in a closed environment where everyone has their masks off while dining, the air is recirculated and will expose everyone in the room.

Say no to Joe and BLM cult! Say no to authoritarian leadership and corruption, tRump and the trump cult !

Honored Social Butterfly

No, that is not true, a mask will not protect you, it helps to protect others

Any mask is bi-directional that is, protect others and YOU!  My N95 mask works that way and so does yours if you have a paper mask or cloth one!

Don't go in a crowded restaurant if you are worried!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/06/21/880832213/yes-wearing-masks-helps-heres-why

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Any mask is bi-directional that is, protect others and YOU!  My N95 mask works that way and so does yours if you have a paper mask or cloth one!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/06/21/880832213/yes-wearing-masks-helps-heres-why

Your N95 respirator is designed to be bi-directional.  Surgical masks and other face coverings are designed to protect others from the wearer.  Protection to the wearer is minimal at best.

That's great you have a N95, but they are still in short supply and not available to most of us 65 and older (I am).  I wear my regular non-medical-graded masks when I am out and about, but I am under no illusion that it will protect me 100% against someone who is without any kind of protection.  That is not why I wear it.  I wear a mask as a courtesy to others, the same reason I don't light up a big ol' stogie and blow smoke into other people faces.   I expect the same courtesy from other people by not spewing spittle in my face.

I don't go into ANY crowded place, much less a restaurant, because yes, I am worried.  I also make it an obvious point to make a wide circle around all rude, self-entitled non-maskers even though I am wearing one.

Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You are so wrong. Only a 'Biomask' or other anti viral masks that kill viruses on contact will protect you completely from a virus.

Yes, wearing a regular mask 'helps' as shown in your link. It only 'helps', it does not prevent. Google 'Biomask' made by Curad. These and other antiviral masks kill a virus within 5 seconds of contact. I know about these masks because I was given them during my stem cell transplants in 2012 and 2017. They were originally made for use in surgeries, I can't get them now because even those who supply hospitals and pharmacies have them on backorder or will not sell them to anyone but those in the front line in hospitals and medical units.

Honored Social Butterfly

You got it right. the Governor is an idiot and even at this time Pensacola has not been declared an emergency, So Fema is no where to be found. This State kills people stay home do not go any place that they do now wear masks and do not have social distancy. 

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

You got it right. the Governor is an idiot and even at this time Pensacola has not been declared an emergency, So Fema is no where to be found. This State kills people stay home do not go any place that they do now wear masks and do not have social distancy. 

There is a process for help - some things are done sooner - like setting up generators in critical care areas, sending in water or food.  In many instances, FEMA works with other groups like the Red Cross.

To get more FEMA funds, the areas has to be declared a "major disaster". - that assessment is done by the locals as well as officials from the governors office.

Pensacola News Journal 09/18/2020 - Escambia desperately awaits 'major disaster' declaration from FE... 

Escambia County and the city of Pensacola have teams assessing the damage to buildings from Hurricane Sally, and have so far found an initial assessment of nearly $29 million to public infrastructure.

Disaster relief was approved by FEMA for several counties in AL & FL & some parishes in LA.

Then there are some public assistance help too.

Pensacola News Journal - 09/18/2020 - Hurricane Sally: How to apply for FEMA assistance in Florida, ... 

Now individual people have to apply for it -

Honored Social Butterfly

Actually, I believe that it is just the Governor has just lifted capacity restrictions.

Not just a particular state - it is anywhere where the youth are gathering regardless of race or political persuasion or even the country where it is happening - bars, nightclubs, parties, frat & sorority rushes, etc.

YaHoo News 09/24/2020 - Young people may be driving the COVID-19 pandemic, CDC says 

Although older adults remain at the highest risk of contracting COVID-19, a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that young people may still be driving the pandemic — bolstering decisions like that of Boulder, Colo., officials to temporarily halt gatherings among 18- to 22-year-olds.

The study, which analyzed data from all 50 states and the District of Columbia, found 20 percent of COVID-19 cases between March and August in the U.S. were among 20- to 29-year-olds, a higher percentage than any other age group. The report also revealed a drop in the median age of those infected with the virus, from 46 in May to 38 in August.

. . . . Unlike many aspects of this pandemic, the development doesn’t seem unique to the U.S. The authors note a “similar age shift” in Europe during this time frame, with the median age of COVID-19 dropping from 54 from January through May to 39 in June and July. During the latter two months, nearly 20 percent of cases were among 20- to 29-year-olds — a number that, similar to the U.S., made up the biggest proportion of overall cases.

Ya know - if the (whomever) really cared - they could just not participate in whatever is opening up.

Don't we have a brain of our own without relying on government to make the call of where we go, who we see and what we do.

Why go visit the granny ?  Why go to a bar?  Why participate in some youth mingling activity where there will be more people than can social distance?

Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

Ya know - if the (whomever) really cared - they could just not participate in whatever is opening up.  

Don't we have a brain of our own without relying on government to make the call of where we go, who we see and what we do.  Who is it that's telling schools to open up?  Oh yeah, the government!  

Why go visit the granny ?   Why go to a bar?  Why participate in some youth mingling activity where there will be more people than can social distance?  Why allow them to open in the first place to spread the virus?  What about those who could less about others because they have the right to be selfish/not wear a mask/catch and spread the virus?

Honored Social Butterfly

My neighborhood not even a future date in which they will collect the debris, no mail for the last three days. Thank you De Santis, and Trump
DSC00675.JPGDSC00674.JPGDSC00673.JPG

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

My neighborhood not even a future date in which they will collect the debris, no mail for the last three days. Thank you De Santis, and Trump

After Hurricane Harvey it took some weeks for the debris to be picked up and at least a week for mail deliveries to resume.  If you have rural type delivery the carrier can't get to your mailbox until debris is removed.  I had had to pick mail up at the servicing post office until then.  It takes time to get around to every neighborhood.  The city is only responsible to pick up debris off the public right of way. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry for the delays you are experiencing but you are blaming the wrong persons.  As far as the debris, you are responsible to remove it on your property (self removed or hire someone). The town is responsible for the public streets and your utility will come to restore the power when the debris is clear.  Your insurance adjuster may tell you what is covered.  Mail won't come until debris is removed!

I hope you get back to normal asap.

Say no to Sleepy Joe and BLM cult.

Honored Social Butterfly

Most Floridians roll up their sleeves in the aftermath and get to work helping each other. 

Right after Michael went in to Panama City all of us with tractors, chain saws and heavy equipment cleared our streets so the first responders could get to the people that were in real trouble. 

Here we are two years later and we are still in rebuilding mode.  I just got up my last new barn 3 weeks ago, that's why we are on vacation now in Western NC mountains enjoying some cool air. 

I suppose some folks have a real need to just complain and are happy being part of the problem rather than working to be part of the solution... 

Good Grief!!

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91   Glad you are enjoying cool air, is this in Waynesville or Ashley?

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91  Sorry to disappoint you, but I have never been too good at not having things happening at once.
But, that is who I am and I am extremely happy with myself. So any criticism that you many have "C'est  la Vie!!!"  I will be whatever I want to be. and I don't think i need to consult you with how I should or should not act. Enjoy your North Carolina  stay and you can criticize anyone there. I am sure that you are well loved.

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

Most Floridians roll up their sleeves in the aftermath and get to work helping each other. 

Right after Michael went in to Panama City all of us with tractors, chain saws and heavy equipment cleared our streets so the first responders could get to the people that were in real trouble. 

Here we are two years later and we are still in rebuilding mode.  I just got up my last new barn 3 weeks ago, that's why we are on vacation now in Western NC mountains enjoying some cool air. 

I suppose some folks have a real need to just complain and are happy being part of the problem rather than working to be part of the solution... 

Good Grief!!

REAL Christians are so loving, aren't they?

25122019007.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Instead of judging others, after Harvey we had REAL Christians from all over Texas here to help with cleanup and rebuilding.   No doubt there was Floridians that did the same.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Instead of judging others, after Harvey we had REAL Christians from all over Texas here to help with cleanup and rebuilding.   No doubt there was Floridians that did the same.

My church ( https://christfellowship.church/ had three tractor trailers full of supplies and a bus full of volunteers from Florida (to Texas) after Charlie. The trucks kept making runs back and forth. 

We always respond when we can, every where we can. Florida is well prepared for natural disasters and so is Texas. We also chartered planes for the Bahama's after they were hit and organized a boat flotilla to deliver supplies. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

=======================================

It is the locals that are overseeing the clean up - It is continuing

Looks like your roads are clear -

Are you in your home?  Has the insurance adjuster been around?

You got electricity?

What about good water ?

There was a lot of damage so it is just gonna take time.

What are you expecting - life becoming normal again after only (10) days??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png