AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DNC 2 Choose New Chair From Same Losers

Message 1 of 13

@GailL1 wrote:

mickstuder wrote

Look On the bright side after losing complete control of almost every State Government and all of the Federal Government - there isn't much more left to lose - so from the point of view - almost nothing will change

--------------------------------------------

Oh, there could still be more losses -

Gonna have to work real hard and do the correct things to turn this around - more losses will be a disaster.  Seems as of today, there is still a lot of strife as to what direction to go - more to the left or more centrist?  The influence of Senator Sanders is still in debate.  

Is he a "Democratic" party leader?  Or is he an outsider trying to take over much of the party?

The message which comes from the Democrats in the next (2) years is gonna be very important.  Some types of protest, name calling of those who voted or vote different than them, their party positions and solutions to problems, are all gonna be important to turn this around for them.

I understand that President Obama may lend a helping hand, perhaps the Clinton's too as well as other name recognized Democratic Party members - Pelosi, Dean among them.

I also understand that DNC Resolution 33 failed prior to the DNC Chair vote.

Do you think that the appointment of Congressman Ellison as Vice-Chair was a good move by Chairman Perez?  Seems to me that this move could also divide rather than unite.

Even things like these can fragment the party.  So where is this party headed?

To a more centrist or more progressive stance?

I will be eager to hear their messaging, promises, ways to solve some important and time sensitive problems.

And they will have to get right on it !  The life of the party seems at stake.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/several-democrats-facing-2018-re-election-states-trump-carried/

PBS 11/2016 Several Democrats Facing 2018 Re-election Are From States Trump Carried

from the link -
" The election two years from now had already looked difficult for Senate Democrats, who must defend 25 seats compared to just eight held by Republicans. The Democrats’ list includes two independents, Vermont’s Bernie Sanders and Maine’s Angus King, who align with them.

Of those 25 senators, 13 are from states Trump captured or narrowly lost. Among those are Maine, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, which hadn’t backed a GOP presidential candidate since the 1980s, leaving both parties trying to discern how much Tuesday may have reordered the lineup of blue, red and swing states.

Five Democrats are from states Trump easily carried, by 19 percentage points or more — Indiana, North Dakota, West Virginia, Missouri and Montana.

There is a - Silver Lining - at least in my book.........................................let the celebratons continue for the First Year or so and until the undeniable effects of Trump will begin to be felt and then even the most Protozoan of Trump Supporters will be unable to deny the fact that - you won it - now you own it.....................................can;t blame the Media forever - can;t blame the Justice System and the Judges forever - can;t blame Obama forever - can't blame Muslims or Illegals forever

Republicans Dominate and Control every aspect of Governing almost everywhere

Lets see what they do with it - my guess it ain't going to be pretty and the fact that the Democrats are impotent to intercede or take responsibility might be one of those Karma things

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

mickstuder wrote

Look On the bright side after losing complete control of almost every State Government and all of the Federal Government - there isn't much more left to lose - so from the point of view - almost nothing will change

--------------------------------------------

Oh, there could still be more losses -

Gonna have to work real hard and do the correct things to turn this around - more losses will be a disaster.  Seems as of today, there is still a lot of strife as to what direction to go - more to the left or more centrist?  The influence of Senator Sanders is still in debate.  

Is he a "Democratic" party leader?  Or is he an outsider trying to take over much of the party?

The message which comes from the Democrats in the next (2) years is gonna be very important.  Some types of protest, name calling of those who voted or vote different than them, their party positions and solutions to problems, are all gonna be important to turn this around for them.

I understand that President Obama may lend a helping hand, perhaps the Clinton's too as well as other name recognized Democratic Party members - Pelosi, Dean among them.

I also understand that DNC Resolution 33 failed prior to the DNC Chair vote.

Do you think that the appointment of Congressman Ellison as Vice-Chair was a good move by Chairman Perez?  Seems to me that this move could also divide rather than unite.

Even things like these can fragment the party.  So where is this party headed?

To a more centrist or more progressive stance?

I will be eager to hear their messaging, promises, ways to solve some important and time sensitive problems.

And they will have to get right on it !  The life of the party seems at stake.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/several-democrats-facing-2018-re-election-states-trump-carried/

PBS 11/2016 Several Democrats Facing 2018 Re-election Are From States Trump Carried

from the link -
" The election two years from now had already looked difficult for Senate Democrats, who must defend 25 seats compared to just eight held by Republicans. The Democrats’ list includes two independents, Vermont’s Bernie Sanders and Maine’s Angus King, who align with them.

Of those 25 senators, 13 are from states Trump captured or narrowly lost. Among those are Maine, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, which hadn’t backed a GOP presidential candidate since the 1980s, leaving both parties trying to discern how much Tuesday may have reordered the lineup of blue, red and swing states.

Five Democrats are from states Trump easily carried, by 19 percentage points or more — Indiana, North Dakota, West Virginia, Missouri and Montana.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

Although I have not been a supporter of the Republican Party for years, I cannot even think in changing parties.

You are correct. the same situation will take place. the same disorganization will take place, the lack of vetting candidates, the lack of support unless you are one of them sorry, I see no changes, and I also see no wins.

Sanders said it well, he will not support any Candidate that does not agree with the many things that he stands for. 
Therefore Democrats, whistle to the win, because, it ain't going to happen. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Back on Topic

Perez Election Proves Same Ole Democratic Establsihment Still in Power - The Same Losers who orchestrated the policies and tactics that allowed someone like Donald Trump to become President

1. Who elects the DNC Chair? -Why it's the The Same Good Ole Boy Machine

Mostly the same Democratic Political Hacks who get to be Electors in the Electoral College - Already run the State Democratic Parties - Already Run the Rigged Democratic Convention System and The Same People Who Are Super Delegates and/or run the failed Caucus System that futher disenfranchises Democratic and especially Independent Voters 

The same people and policies who allowed Democrats to lose over 1000 Congressional/Legislative  Seats around the country

The same people who allowed to lose almost every Governorship in the Country

Expect More of the Same

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Image result for angry white man

Sure angry people - not gender, race, religion, sexual preference, national origination, etc. specific, that's a Dem thing.  No, it's a human thing.  The angry ones are those who can't accept the differences, just like the "angry white men".  Thanks for asking....

Many people angry - angry to see their Constitution trashed, Really?  Trashed.  What got trashed?  Did you lose your rights?  Really?  Which ones?  Still got your guns?  Yup!  You lost nothing....angry to see the divisive nature of the Dems, far less divisive then the "where goona do what we can to see him fail" Repubs?  You mean like those divisive people?  angry at Dems more interested in wealth redistribution than better financial conditions for all Americans - wow....that's a made up issue.....good one.  and possibly Dems angry over the corruption of the primary process by the DNC.  Or is it the corruption of the Repubs and Russians?

"Paradise"??? I doubt it. But a return to the America envisioned by our Founders sure looks good.  Actually, they'd be quite pleased with how things looked 6 months ago....but again, thanks for asking.

Agreed, let's see what he is able to accomplish. If he is successful I will be happy, if he is I expect you will not be. It remains to be seen.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Whoever they choose, better be on the ball, because otherwise, they will loose again in 2018.

It is a pity that they don't see that they need new blood with new ideas for the new generation that they have to convince.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

I watched some of the debate. I liked Jamie Harrison, D-party chair from SC. I guess he's dropped out in support of Perez. Buttigieg, who had support of former chair Howard Dean, has also dropped out but not endorsed anyone, as yet. 

It looks like it will either be Perez, the "establishment" candidate, or Ellison, a sitting member of Congress. I don't think that either is up to the task, and I really do not believe the DNC chair should be a sitting member of Congress. But hey, they make the rules. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

If you are correct in your post, then you can kiss goodby  the 2018 elections, because they will engage in the same mistakes that gave them the defeatt of lhe last elections and the loss of more than 1000 governors and Congressmen and Senators.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sure angry people - not gender, race, religion, sexual preference, national origination, etc. specific, that's a Dem thing.  No, it's a human thing.  The angry ones are those who can't accept the differences, just like the "angry white men".  Thanks for asking....

Many people angry - angry to see their Constitution trashed, Really?  Trashed.  What got trashed?  Did you lose your rights?  Really?  Which ones?  Still got your guns?  Yup!  You lost nothing....angry to see the divisive nature of the Dems, far less divisive then the "where goona do what we can to see him fail" Repubs?  You mean like those divisive people?  angry at Dems more interested in wealth redistribution than better financial conditions for all Americans - wow....that's a made up issue.....good one.  and possibly Dems angry over the corruption of the primary process by the DNC.  Or is it the corruption of the Repubs and Russians?

"Paradise"??? I doubt it. But a return to the America envisioned by our Founders sure looks good.  Actually, they'd be quite pleased with how things looked 6 months ago....but again, thanks for asking.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sure angry people - not gender, race, religion, sexual preference, national origination, etc. specific, that's a Dem thing.

Many people angry - angry to see their Constitution trashed, angry to see the divisive nature of the Dems, angry at Dems more interested in wealth redistribution than better financial conditions for all Americans - and possibly Dems angry over the corruption of the primary process by the DNC.

"Paradise"??? I doubt it. But a return to the America envisioned by our Founders sure looks good.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22