Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DIY Printable Guns

Message 21 of 35

@Richva wrote:

Ah, then you should have no problem explaining why no other developed county, the ones with strong controls on guns and regulations on ownership, have guns flooding their streets?  Guns are forbidden yet the floodgates your theory predicted have not opened. 

Why is that? Because the theory that people will do anything to own a gun is badly flawed and disproved by the real world. 

Still no cigar.  How can you say there is no strict controls in other countries?  It appears that guns are becoming a problem in Western Europe.

Now that this is taken care, have you any comment on DIY printable guns?  But of course like always you attempt to obfuscate and take topics off topic as always.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I guess that explains why we have so many illegal full auto firearms being sold on the black market?   Bank robbery and undocumented immigration are forbidden, perhaps we should legalize those as well?

Another incorrect bumper sticker argument from the gun nuts debunked.

No, just another facetious post.  No relation.

Ah, then you should have no problem explaining why no other developed county, the ones with strong controls on guns and regulations on ownership, have guns flooding their streets?  Guns are forbidden yet the floodgates your theory predicted have not opened. 

Why is that? Because the theory that people will do anything to own a gun is badly flawed and disproved by the real world. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35

@mickstuder wrote:

Some people apparently believe that complaining equates to intelligence. I'm not one of those people.

It's probably not fair for you to throw out that kind of a pronouncement and not have someone bite - so Ok - what kind of a person are you?

Smiley Happy Funny that those words were apparently seen as baiting or inviting comment. If you read my words, you'll know that I am not a person who considers complaining to be a sign of intelligence. Smiley Happy 

Have a good night.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

@Richva wrote:

I guess that explains why we have so many illegal full auto firearms being sold on the black market?   Bank robbery and undocumented immigration are forbidden, perhaps we should legalize those as well?

No, just another facetious post.  No relation.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

OK, You can make a gun in your basement if you have the technology and the knowledge. You can also convert that AK 47 to full auto with technology and the proper knowledge.   

The more something is forbidden, the more attractive it becomes to own or to do.

In this case the program is in the public domain and can't be retrieved.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

@Richva wrote:

OK, You can make a gun in your basement if you have the technology and the knowledge. You can also convert that AK 47 to full auto with technology and the proper knowledge.   

The more something is forbidden, the more attractive it becomes to own or to do.

In this case the program is in the public domain and can't be retrieved.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

It really does not matter where the individual gets his gun(s).  When we get to the point of restricting individual ownership of firearms, it will be the possession of the weapon that triggers the fines, incarceration, and loss of any licenses (Physician, hairdresser, plumber, etc.). 

The whole "people will still be able to get guns" argument played out in Australia when they restricted firearms.  Today, you can buy an AK 47 on the streets of Sydney for $10K or at your local gun store in American for $500.  Which country worries more about armed home invasions? In which country is an armed home invasion potentially profitable?

Australia has not had a mass shooting since they started restrictions.  They are almost unheard of in Europe and Canada for the same reason. 

The argument is specious. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

@mickstuder wrote:

Whats the name of the Program?

First you jump my post and tell me you was offered a program to lock files, then you want my anti-ransom program?  Sounds like liberals!!!

Being a nice guy that I am, it's RansomFree by Cybereason.  And free.  I've had it on my computer, with updates for several years.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

@Epster wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Awe - this is such wonderful news - Good Job doing you're part to broadcast this to every nut job and wacko looking to get their hands on a Gun so they can do other people harm - especially those that live in states where they have Laws to prevent them from getting their hands on a Gun because they should not have one for whatever reason...............

DH is prattling on over there about how this case, while ending in what he calls a shocking conclusion, also created a high bar for getting rid of assault rifles that are not inherently military. So there's that good news, too.

But actually here's what I wanted to say: oh please. Anyone who wants to know about this can and probably already does.  This admonishment reminds me of how the libs attack every utterance and tweet and burp the President makes: complaining for the sake of complaining. Some people apparently believe that complaining equates to intelligence. I'm not one of those people.

It's probably not fair for you to throw out that kind of a pronouncement and not have someone bite - so Ok - what kind of a person are you?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Awe - this is such wonderful news - Good Job doing you're part to broadcast this to every nut job and wacko looking to get their hands on a Gun so they can do other people harm - especially those that live in states where they have Laws to prevent them from getting their hands on a Gun because they should not have one for whatever reason...............

I probably shouldn't do this after codemning you for the same thing -  but I read a article today where you can access the Dark Web and for a Average $10 you can get a program that allows you to corrupt anyones data files on their personal computer and hold them for ransom -

Don't bother thanking me, I found it on another discussion group.  And if you took the time to look at the source, it was wired.com which is popular with technical types.  So how long do you think it will take for it to get around?

As far as your program to lock, not corrupt files, I have a anti-ransomware program on my computer that will block yours from doing so.  Do you thinks someone with an IT background like myself wouldn't have something of the sort?

Whats the name of the Program?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors