The AARP Movies for Grownups Awards premieres tonight on many PBS stations. Watch at 9 p.m. ET.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DID TRUMP LOWER TAXES FOR MIDDLE CLASS ?

Message 1 of 60
You know... the plank and the speck thing. Start where the truth will do the most good for your soul.

I'm proud to be everything liberals hate.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 60

"What lies am I supposed to question?"

-------------------------

Wilfully blind or Amnesia ? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 60

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Nope. Medicare is self sufficient,
No it isn't. For fiscal year 2017, the government paid  $597 Billion into Medicare!  Premiums and medicare tax on earnings cover, at best, half the cost of Medicare.

however when the guberment adds medicaid ... there you go.
There you go ..... conflating two separate government programs.

SS needs some minor changes to increase solvency.

Not according to your Republicans.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 60

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

From NPR:

The Republican tax bill, which Congress sent to President Trump on Wednesday, would give most Americans a tax cut next year, according to a new analysis. However, it would by far benefit the richest Americans the most. Meanwhile, many lower- and middle-class Americans would have higher taxes a decade from now ... unless a future Congress extends the cuts.

BUT...

The numbers look bleaker a decade out for most American households. To help ensure their bill met the budget limits Republicans had set for themselves, lawmakers set many individual income tax changes to sunset after 2025 (however, they made cuts to corporate tax rates permanent).

Granted, I have not done my taxes yet. I am hoping not to owe a lot, not particularly expecting a refund. But if many people are complaining now, think about when the middle class cuts expire if they are not extended.

As an alternative to the NPR link, here is the Distributional Analysis of the Conference Agreement for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act from the TPC.

For those that have benefited -- great, that apparently was the purpose; but I find it telling that I have often heard the tax act referred to as a "sugar high" and that once it wore off, people should prepare themselves for 'refund sticker shock'.

It was a fraud then and is a fraud today.  trump lied to Amercans so Repubs could shove their plan down the throats of Americans.  Let's not forget trumps fraudulant claim he was going to cut taxes another 10% for the middle class just last November.  Had he actually did what he claimed in the first place, it wouldn't have been necessary to lie to Americans again in November.

Oh, I haven't forgotten that claim, but it was also campaign/rally time for the mid-terms.  As I recall, Celebrity President's announcement took some by surprise and I am not talking about the general population. 

It also magically disappeared right after the elections.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DID TRUMP LOWER TAXES FOR MIDDLE CLASS ?

Message 5 of 60

Every economic expert documented why the GOP tax bill targeted large corporations and the wealthy. Trump Cult members will disagree but they're never in touch with reality. 

By 2027, more than half of all Americans, 53 percent, would pay more in taxes under the tax bill agreed to by House and Senate Republicans, a tax analysis by the Tax Policy Center finds. That year, 82.8 percent of the bill’s benefit would go to the top 1 percent.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 60

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

All of which are the social programs you were complaining about and which you have supported.

I was referring to programs encouraging people not working while getting handouts from the government.  Of course that isn't what you said. Clearly!  Medicare and Social Security are more specialty programs paid by those who receive the benefits or will.  Partially pay for....they are the largest Social Programs regardless.  Now, want to be more specific?  Which social programs did you NOT support?

As far supporting two wars, that is an assumption on your part. Wrong again....I didn't say a THING about whether you supported them or not.  It's not necessary to make things up....everyone can see what I posted. I didn't support either one, but at least I didn't sit back and let others go and stay home.  I am afraid you don't understand what was written?    I was against this present fiasco in the middle east from the start.  You have no idea of what I have supported.  You're right.....I take posters for the words they choose to post....my bad.

Don't tell me that you are taking my comments personally as I never mentioned any other poster, just a general comment.  Did I?  Again, it's not necessary to make up nonsense.  It's all here for all to see.

Besides what does that have to do with the topic under discussion?  You'll have to figure that out yourself.

Why don't you have a good evening now.  Why thanks and bless your heart.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 60
Gettin' way off topic... start a new one about core beliefs and voting.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 60

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@centyou said: . So for you, your core beliefs are the priorities? Uh...okk.

No that's not what I said... that's your interpretation of what I said, and you're wrong.  That's OK.....that's why I asked.  See how this works?

What is a core belief? Each of us are entitled to think for ourselves and determine what our core beliefs are. Yup, and no one suggested otherwise.  So for me... my beliefs align with Bill of Rights, ....even equal Rights?  the constitution ....and pro-choice???  and in line with our founders. Then the test... are they in conflict with law? or my state? do they expand on opportunity or restrict it?

Notice ... no ideology or party. No against-ism or hate. It's the 1/2 full view. Simply put ... It's what our nation was built on... our cornerstone. Well, that "sounds nice" but when someone disagree's with those "core values", the against-isms and hate and ideology and party expose themselves......for many.  We also know that the original documents written for our nation are foundations, but we also know the house still needs repairs and additions ... right? Yep!  that is a sign of growth.   When it's growth and not 17th century thought process. So any additions, subtractions, multiplications can not be in conflict with the foundation, or the house will collapse. Pretty simple actually.  Yes, in that limited view.  That would suggest all guns should be banned but muskets....we wouldn't want the house to collapse now, would we?

However we all know any candidate rarely checks all the boxes... right?  Yep.  So that's when we have to prioritise.  But to some, it's back to their core values and not necessarily what is best for the electorate.  I guess it's how one chooses to prioritize.  What's best for ALL (or the most) or what's best for me.

Thanks again for your response!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 60

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

All of which are the social programs you were complaining about and which you have supported.

I was referring to programs encouraging people not working while getting handouts from the government.  Medicare and Social Security are more specialty programs paid by those who receive the benefits or will.

As far supporting two wars, that is an assumption on your part.  I didn't support either one, but at least I didn't sit back and let others go and stay home.  I was against this present fiasco in the middle east from the start.  You have no idea of what I have supported.

Don't tell me that you are taking my comments personally as I never mentioned any other poster, just a general comment.

Besides what does that have to do with the topic under discussion?

Why don't you have a good evening now.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 60

@centyou said: . So for you, your core beliefs are the priorities? Uh...okk.

No that's not what I said... that's your interpretation of what I said, and you're wrong.

What is a core belief? Each of us are entitled to think for ourselves and determine what our core beliefs are. So for me... my beliefs align with Bill of Rights, the constitution and in line with our founders. Then the test... are they in conflict with law? or my state? do they expand on opportunity or restrict it?

Notice ... no ideology or party. No against-ism or hate. It's the 1/2 full view. Simply put ... It's what our nation was built on... our cornerstone. We also know that the original documents written for our nation are foundations, but we also know the house still needs repairs and additions ... right? that is a sign of growth. So any additions, subtractions, multiplications can not be in conflict with the foundation, or the house will collapse. Pretty simple actually.

However we all know any candidate rarely checks all the boxes... right? So that's when we have to prioritise.

Got it?

Kudos
Views