Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DID I HEAR RIGHT SHOW ID CARDS TO BUY GROCERIES?

Message 41 of 46

@easyed598 wrote:

What is the big deal about showing IDs at grocery store? I can think of 3 instances when you can be  asked to show ID.   ONE- if you look young you can be asked when buying alcohol or tobacco. Two-When you are buying prescription drugs( I was asked last week at grocers pharmacy) Three- When you are paying with a check. Trump was right .If you are buying a twinkie and paying cash ,you probably won`t be asked. Just another failed reason to attack Trump.  

No problem with that, but what should I answer when they ask me as to why I am bying a chicken?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 46

oh Soos, you so miss the point.   Donald was saying that, and in his inability or disregard for a prepared speech, so  he lost the talking point.    Weirdly, those assembled didn't seem to care, they just parroted his words back to him.     That is the same sort of mindlessness that occurs when people are not listening or thinking about what a speaker is saying.  

As for me, I buy a lot of things in cash, groceries, booze, gasoline, office supplies, etc.    I do have to laugh when someone dares to say that they are asked for ID for smokes, because in the real world, only a blind person would not be able to discern age difference between 21 and 55.     Regarding prescriptions:   what happens when someone else picks up drugs for you - how will showing their ID help, it isn't scanned.   

Donald failed at his "whataboutism" and now his followers are so familiar with his verbage that they no longer care about words.    There is a word for that, but you will scream nonsense, so I will leave it for you to figure it out.     afisher

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 46

Americans have a fundamental right to vote.

They don’t a fundamental right to buy alcohol.

Government must use the least restrictive means necessary to ensure the right to vote. When government imposes additional requirements, the intent historically has been to deny certain groups the right to vote.  You should always be skeptical when  government tries to infringe on your rights. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 46
As I'm on the sight reading a thread I heard The Donald at a rally yelling, we need ID CARDS to Buy Groceries. WOW, did I really hear that, was he kidding? ....@angeleyes64........I doubt that Trump has ever had to buy his own groceries. Serious question..........Is this so earth shattering that seniors on a board such as this will get upset and run to post it?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 46

What is the big deal about showing IDs at grocery store? I can think of 3 instances when you can be  asked to show ID.   ONE- if you look young you can be asked when buying alcohol or tobacco. Two-When you are buying prescription drugs( I was asked last week at grocers pharmacy) Three- When you are paying with a check. Trump was right .If you are buying a twinkie and paying cash ,you probably won`t be asked. Just another failed reason to attack Trump.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

DID I HEAR RIGHT SHOW ID CARDS TO BUY GROCERIES?

Message 46 of 46

As I'm on the sight reading a thread I heard The Donald at a rally yelling, we need ID CARDS  to Buy Groceries. WOW, did I really hear that, was he kidding? 

If this guy has not gone mad and  is now trying  to slowing to be a dictator I do not know what you want to call it. 

I truly believe behind closed doors, Putin gave The Nut in the WH a hell of a lot of pointers on slowly becoming a dictator. 

How LONG is the Republican Party going to allow this or They Wanting This is Now the question? 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Replies