Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DID I HEAR RIGHT SHOW ID CARDS TO BUY GROCERIES?

Message 31 of 46

@rker321 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

What is the big deal about showing IDs at grocery store? I can think of 3 instances when you can be  asked to show ID.   ONE- if you look young you can be asked when buying alcohol or tobacco. Two-When you are buying prescription drugs( I was asked last week at grocers pharmacy) Three- When you are paying with a check. Trump was right .If you are buying a twinkie and paying cash ,you probably won`t be asked. Just another failed reason to attack Trump.  

No problem with that, but what should I answer when they ask me as to why I am buying a chicken?

How about answering that you intend to use voodoo to turn it into a zombie chicken and then teach it to cross the road...

Freedom of religion and all that - ya know?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 46

Afisher wrote -Regarding prescriptions:   what happens when someone else picks up drugs for you - how will showing their ID help, it isn't scanned.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------When I picked up drugs for my wife at Kroger they obviously knew I wasn`t her and  had to prove I was her spouse and also had to give her Social Security number, which I knew. I live in a very safe community. Imagine if this was a bad community and people trying to get illegal drug with any means they can. Food stamp people also  use their ID`s at  grocery to make sure who they are when buying food.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 46

TOO FUNNY!!

Democrats have no sense of humor...  

This thread is just one more example.  

You folks really need to get a grip on reality, you are approaching the point of no return...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 46

@BigLib wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
As I'm on the sight reading a thread I heard The Donald at a rally yelling, we need ID CARDS to Buy Groceries. WOW, did I really hear that, was he kidding? ....@angeleyes64........I doubt that Trump has ever had to buy his own groceries. Serious question..........Is this so earth shattering that seniors on a board such as this will get upset and run to post it?

About as Earth shattering as running to post about abortions on a senior's forum.

Image result for standing ovation gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 46

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Americans have a fundamental right to vote.

They don’t a fundamental right to buy alcohol.

Government must use the least restrictive means necessary to ensure the right to vote. When government imposes additional requirements, the intent historically has been to deny certain groups the right to vote.  You should always be skeptical when  government tries to infringe on your rights. 

Right you are.....there is no requirement in the Constitution that states anyone has to show an ID to vote.  Most know that when voter turnout is low, Repubs do better; so the fascists want to keep it as low as possible, by every means possible.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
As I'm on the sight reading a thread I heard The Donald at a rally yelling, we need ID CARDS to Buy Groceries. WOW, did I really hear that, was he kidding? ....@angeleyes64........I doubt that Trump has ever had to buy his own groceries. Serious question..........Is this so earth shattering that seniors on a board such as this will get upset and run to post it?  As fast as some run to post the nonsense they post.  Many Americans loath the lies trump puts forth each speech he makes; meanwhile, the dumplings just eat it up and regurgitate it the next day and ask, "What's the biggie"?  It's why many say his supporters have no integrity.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 46

@easyed598 wrote:

What is the big deal about showing IDs at grocery store? The big deal is the lie.

I can think of 3 instances when you can be  asked to show ID.   ONE- if you look young you can be asked when buying alcohol or tobacco. Two-When you are buying prescription drugs( I was asked last week at grocers pharmacy) Three- When you are paying with a check. It was a lie....I don't buy tobacco or alcohol at grocery stores; nor do I buy prescription drugs; nor do I write checks.  I NEVER show an ID card at the gocery store.  Trump was right .  No, he lied to the idiots who will defend every stupid thing he says. If you are buying a twinkie and paying cash ,you probably won`t be asked.  No KIDDING; just as like most Americans who buy groceries.  Just another failed reason to attack Trump.  Just another failed reason to defend the chronic liar.

Like Anderson Cooper said, the Cultists would defend trump if he took a dump on his desk!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
Serious question..........Is this so earth shattering that seniors on a board such as this will get upset and run to post it?

Serious answer, @Soosie.

It isn't so earth shattering if you are comfortable with a president that tells one lie after another lie after another lie after another lie after another lie after another lie after another lie after another lie after another lie.

It seems that some here are quite comfortable with that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 46

And Republicans say they don't like snowflakes. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
As I'm on the sight reading a thread I heard The Donald at a rally yelling, we need ID CARDS to Buy Groceries. WOW, did I really hear that, was he kidding? ....@angeleyes64........I doubt that Trump has ever had to buy his own groceries. Serious question..........Is this so earth shattering that seniors on a board such as this will get upset and run to post it?

About as Earth shattering as running to post about abortions on a senior's forum.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors