Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DID I HEAR RIGHT SHOW ID CARDS TO BUY GROCERIES?

Message 11 of 46

@Richva wrote:

On the other hand, I have a constitutional right to vote.

Of course you have a constitutional right to vote...as long as it is YOU voting and not someone voting in your name.  Nothing in the constitution that says it is illegal to verify that or that you are entitled to vote.  After that you can exercise that right.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
As I'm on the sight reading a thread I heard The Donald at a rally yelling, we need ID CARDS to Buy Groceries. WOW, did I really hear that, was he kidding? ....@angeleyes64........I doubt that Trump has ever had to buy his own groceries. Serious question..........Is this so earth shattering that seniors on a board such as this will get upset and run to post it?

Not sure about anyone else but for me the most remarkable thing was all the people in the Trump Rally Crowd calling CNN - Fake News but when Trump repeated 3 times that you need a Photo ID to buy Groceries - they all cheered in agreement

@Soosie - I was wondering if you could help us out with a Explanation on what were all those Black & White Placards that said - "We Are Q" - waving in the Trump Rally Crowd? 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 46

rker321 wrote

No problem with that, but what should I answer when they ask me as to why I am buying a chicken?

alferdpacker wrote

How about answering that you intend to use voodoo to turn it into a zombie chicken and then teach it to cross the road...

Freedom of religion and all that - ya know?-

easyed598 wrote

They probably think ,just another liberal loon as long as you don`t try to pay with a check and have to show ID.  (sic)

Trump supporters have never been proved to be capable of thinking - thus far they have been observed to swallow the trump/Putin offal hook, line, and sinker - rather than reason logically.

BTW - I don't write checks - I use my microchipped credit card - or cash.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 46

@easyed598 wrote:

What is the big deal about showing IDs at grocery store? I can think of 3 instances when you can be  asked to show ID.   ONE- if you look young you can be asked when buying alcohol or tobacco. Two-When you are buying prescription drugs( I was asked last week at grocers pharmacy) Three- When you are paying with a check. Trump was right .If you are buying a twinkie and paying cash ,you probably won`t be asked. Just another failed reason to attack Trump.  

Erhhhhhhh - Trump doesn't drink - never has - doesn't smoke either - AND his Dr Ronny Jackson told the American People he's the Heathiest President in History and takes no Rx Drugs - so how would he know anything about the requirements to buy Alcohol - Cigarettes or Rx Drugs?

He's a Liar - over 4200 confirmed lies in a little over 500 days

We heard Trump on Tape suggesting a $300,000 payment to a Mistress be made in cash .......... who thinks he's walking into a Grocery Store with a Checkbook 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 46

@Soosie wrote:
About as Earth shattering as running to post about abortions on a senior's forum.@ Cent.....about as earth shattering as senior guys who keep talking about abortions when it is posted. Seems they think they are in charge of women's bodies. Almost forgot.....LMAO

@SoosieThe quote you attributed to Cent, is actually mine. And I'm a 75 year old woman. And if I end up pregnant, you'd better look for a star in the East. Almost forgot.... LMAO

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 46

@easyed598 wrote:

centrists said -What trump said was, "You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID. You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture,” that's what he said---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I didn`t hear him say everyone-Next time you go to Walmart , try cashing a check without showing a picture ID. Naturally if you are paying cash no one will ask you for ID but common sense escapes the libitards where there are many circumstances requiring showing ID at Grocery store.  You are mincing words and anyone with half a brain knows what he was saying. The point he was making was having illegals vote without ID cards in many parts of the country.  In Ohio we have to show picture  ID  cards where I vote. To many Dems having illegals vote is good as long as it is for Democrats.

I have to agree that he probably meant to cash a check. On the other hand, I have a constitutional right to vote. I do not have a constitutional right to cash a check.   Republicans know that the more barriers they put in the way, the fewer people will be able to vote and that is a plus for them. 

Still waiting for proof of all those "illegal votes" cast.  <cue the crickets>

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 46

centrists said -What trump said was, "You know, if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card, you need ID. You go out and you want to buy anything, you need ID and you need your picture,” that's what he said---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I didn`t hear him say everyone-Next time you go to Walmart , try cashing a check without showing a picture ID. Naturally if you are paying cash no one will ask you for ID but common sense escapes the libitards where there are many circumstances requiring showing ID at Grocery store.  You are mincing words and anyone with half a brain knows what he was saying. The point he was making was having illegals vote without ID cards in many parts of the country.  In Ohio we have to show picture  ID  cards where I vote. To many Dems having illegals vote is good as long as it is for Democrats.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 46
@Soosie

Really, I actually did not know that.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 46
He brought it up I DIDN'T. @AngelEyes.......He doesn't post on this forum unless you know something I don't know.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 46
Liars, bigots and racists aren't funny, Jim. It's shocking to see a so-called Christian endorse it as, "funny".@Cent......man, I think......you have got to stop hanging out with those so-called Christians. Can't you convert them?
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors