Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DID I HEAR RIGHT SHOW ID CARDS TO BUY GROCERIES?

Message 1 of 46

trump ID.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 46

trump grocery ID.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 46

Mick wrote-Erhhhhhhh - Trump doesn't drink - never has - doesn't smoke either - AND his Dr Ronny Jackson told the American People he's the Heathiest President in History and takes no Rx Drugs - so how would he know anything about the requirements to buy Alcohol - Cigarettes or Rx Drugs?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So Trump doesn`t drink or smoke so how how can he know about buying them in a     grocery  store??? LO L-such a weak argument.  ---I don`t suppose having a brother  who died an alcoholic or that he had a brand of Trump wine that he sells might be a reason he knows more than the average person about what  is  require to buy  in a grocery store. Come on Mick-your embarrassing yourself.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 46

@Richva wrote:

yep. Just letting you know what is coming along with the Blue Wave.  All hail Trump....savior of the Democratic party.  He really made us get our act together. 

Never can tell, that blue wave might just be in danger of being flushed down the drain.  The Democrats are still acting like a herd of cats.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 46

Richva: 

I have to agree that he probably meant to cash a check. On the other hand, I have a constitutional right to vote. I do not have a constitutional right to cash a check.   Republicans know that the more barriers they put in the way, the fewer people will be able to vote and that is a plus for them. 

Still waiting for proof of all those "illegal votes" cast. 

I find it hilarious that they get so riled up over a threat to voting that doesn't exist, but ignore Russian election meddling that DOES exist as a nothingburger.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 46

BF908D98-4A7D-4ED4-A50E-6D9E87319896.jpeg

Enough said! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 46

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The other is that I have a constitutional right to vote and it says nothing in the Constitution about that right being dependent upon my having a "valid picture id".

If your state requires a valid ID then tell that to the election officials.  I'm sure they'll follow the law.  The constitution allows procedures to insure an orderly and accurate election.

yep. Just letting you know what is coming along with the Blue Wave.  All hail Trump....savior of the Democratic party.  He really made us get our act together. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 46

@Richva wrote:

The other is that I have a constitutional right to vote and it says nothing in the Constitution about that right being dependent upon my having a "valid picture id".

If your state requires a valid ID then tell that to the election officials.  I'm sure they'll follow the law.  The constitution allows procedures to insure an orderly and accurate election.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 46

@GailL1 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have to agree that he probably meant to cash a check. On the other hand, I have a constitutional right to vote. I do not have a constitutional right to cash a check.   Republicans know that the more barriers they put in the way, the fewer people will be able to vote and that is a plus for them. 

Still waiting for proof of all those "illegal votes" cast.  <cue the crickets>

I am the type of person that will dot all the I's and cross all the T's and then check it again just to make sure.  So it isn't about how many illegal votes might be cast - it is that when you put forth the effort, your vote needs to count and not be refused or thrown out because of somebody's call.

Showing your current ID does just that - it substantiates you - where you live and that you can vote in the (whatever)"election if you have registered there and voted periodically so your name isn't purged for lack of activity after numerous warning that you should respond.

Did you know that mail-in ballots can be thrown out and NOT counted because some election official determines that the signature is not comparable to the one on file.  Before mail in voting became the fad, this wasn't a big problem but now it is getting to be a biggy.  I believe the ACLC has a case pending in California on this.

Heck, everybody knows everybody by name, face, address, phone number and what you have planted in your front yard, at my polling place, but we still do it right - crossing all the I's and crossing all the T's just so nobody can challenge the results.  

Healthcare providers want your Medicare card and a picture ID for their file - reason is so they can prove who got the service if there is a question.

Perhaps we should just give people a PIN for voting once they prove who they are at registration.  Think they could keep up with a PIN ?

Remember, this started because Trump the Moron did not bother to get his words straight.  A POTUS should be expected to do that, at least.  

The other is that I have a constitutional right to vote and it says nothing in the Constitution about that right being dependent upon my having a "valid picture id". Finally, the number of in person voter frauds is less than the number of accidental votes cast. The only reason Republicans want more restrictions is that they lose if everyone votes.  Another example of Republicans being evil. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 46

@Richva wrote:

Still waiting for proof of all those "illegal votes" cast.  <cue the crickets>

I am the type of person that will dot all the I's and cross all the T's and then check it again just to make sure.  So it isn't about how many illegal votes might be cast - it is that when you put forth the effort, your vote needs to count and not be refused or thrown out because of somebody's call.

Showing your current ID does just that - it substantiates you - where you live and that you can vote in the (whatever)"election if you have registered there and voted periodically so your name isn't purged for lack of activity after numerous warning that you should respond.

Did you know that mail-in ballots can be thrown out and NOT counted because some election official determines that the signature is not comparable to the one on file.  Before mail in voting became the fad, this wasn't a big problem but now it is getting to be a biggy.  I believe the ACLC has a case pending in California on this.

Heck, everybody knows everybody by name, face, address, phone number and what you have planted in your front yard, at my polling place, but we still do it right - crossing all the I's and crossing all the T's just so nobody can challenge the results.  

Healthcare providers want your Medicare card and a picture ID for their file - reason is so they can prove who got the service if there is a question.

Perhaps we should just give people a PIN for voting once they prove who they are at registration.  Think they could keep up with a PIN ?

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors