Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DEFINITONS OF ALTERNATIVE, FACTS AND TRUTH

Message 1 of 4

@rker321wrote:

Lately  I have been wondering when the Trump Followers are going to come to the conclusion that Merriam-Webster did not exist.?

Or that an "on-board" Oxford Dictionary has vastly different meanings than the on-line version.....but I digress.....   Smiley Tongue

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@rker321wrote:

Although I have requested from posters to provide with their own definition of what is and are Alternative Facts.  I have to say, that no one has actually provided with their own explanation. Therefore I will do   it for  them as the Dictionary actually states the meaning of those words.

ALTERNATIVE
A choice  limited to two or more possibilities as of things, propositions,or course of action. The selection of which precludes any other possibility.

FACT
Something that already exists. realities,  truth.

TRUTH
The truth  about something is all the facts about   rather than things that are imagined or invented.

So, for all of those Trump Party followers, lean these definitions and apply them you your own Alternative Realities and facts that you are trying to make the rest of American swallow.

Nice work, Rker!  Always good to inform the low-fo's.  An excellent example of an Alternative Fact was from Trumps first day in office:

This pair of photos shows a view of the crowd on the National Mall at the inaugurations of President Barack Obama, above, on Jan. 20, 2009, and President Donald Trump, below, on Jan. 20, 2017.

At the first press briefing of the new administration, White House press secretary Sean Spicer blasted the media, saying they deliberately misled the public.

Spicer

"That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period."

Sean Spicer on Saturday, January 21st, 2017 in a press conference

Pants on Fire!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Lately  I have been wondering when the Trump Followers are going to come to the conclusion that Merriam-Webster did not exist.?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

DEFINITONS OF ALTERNATIVE, FACTS AND TRUTH

Message 4 of 4

Although I have requested from posters to provide with their own definition of what is and are Alternative Facts.  I have to say, that no one has actually provided with their own explanation. Therefore I will do   it for  them as the Dictionary actually states the meaning of those words.

ALTERNATIVE
A choice  limited to two or more possibilities as of things, propositions,or course of action. The selection of which precludes any other possibility.

FACT
Something that already exists. realities,  truth.

TRUTH
The truth  about something is all the facts about   rather than things that are imagined or invented.

So, for all of those Trump Party followers, lean these definitions and apply them you your own Alternative Realities and facts that you are trying to make the rest of American swallow.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors