Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DEATH PANELS

Message 1 of 13

The obvious point is that the GOP embarked on Fake news, courtesy of Frank Luntz and the bobble head  Republicans bought into that bs.  

The better / best argument for Single Payer was made by a woman in TN, who starts out by saying that she is a Christian.   http://time.com/money/4667002/teacher-obamacare-explainer-video/

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

The Democratic Party needs to work really hard in knowing how to run an election. Frankly, the last one in my view it was a disaster.

They need to really concentrate on the individuals that they present as future candidates, and after they are vetted, they need the support and the money of the party.

We saw in the last elections individuals that should have never appear as candidates and they lost as it was expected.

The time has come that the Democratic Party needs a complete overhaul of individuals and rules that will provide success and not failuires.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"We also need to understand that we not only are living with individuals that live in an alternative reality, but also that they are presented with alternative facts."

That's true but they're also stupid. For example, I repeatedly watched the reaction of Trump voters at his campaign rallies when he mentioned the TPP. What did the crowd do? Every time Trump mentioned the TPP, they booed. I would bet every dollar I have that close to 100% of Trump voters don't even know what the TPP is. 

Why would you boo something when you don't know what it is? That is dumb.

Shows you how badly Democrats need a PR firm. If this was the Republican initiative, it would have been called the "Contain, Chinese Economic Aggression Treaty".  Let's see Trump veto THAT. 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13
Great! Those are words and/or ideas no one has presented so well.

WTG!

Charlee6
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

"We also need to understand that we not only are living with individuals that live in an alternative reality, but also that they are presented with alternative facts."

That's true but they're also stupid. For example, I repeatedly watched the reaction of Trump voters at his campaign rallies when he mentioned the TPP. What did the crowd do? Every time Trump mentioned the TPP, they booed. I would bet every dollar I have that close to 100% of Trump voters don't even know what the TPP is. 

Why would you boo something when you don't know what it is? That is dumb.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

We also need to understand that we not only are living with individuals that live in an alternative reality, but also that they are presented with alternative facts.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

Unfortunately Trump voters don't want the facts, they live in an alternate reality where they are told what to believe by right wing talk radio and TV.

• Close to 2/3 of Trump voters believe Obama was born in Kenya
  • Almost 40% of Trump voters believe the value of the stock market went down during the 8 years of the Obama administration (It actually more than tripled)
  • 2/3 (67%) of Trump voters beleive the unemployment rate rose during the Obama adminstration
  • etc.

When you're dealing with stupid people, disseminating facts to them is a waste of time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

I didn't want to treat it as a misstep...I knew your intent.  Thank you for your efforts.  Real Patriots know the Constitution's intent, in part, is to prevent what has been called the "Tyranny of The Majority". Real Patriots wouldn't practice that perversion when they 'win' elections AND they wouldn't lie...at all...about anything.  We don't have Patriots in Power today.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Great post,  thank your for sharing.   Perhaps a letter to the editor or your local newspaper should follow. 
Disemination of information is now crucial. remember, social media, tweeter  they will conveny your information to as many as you can reach.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Unbarch 64--You are right, of course!  Complacency is what gave Trump the election. I would hope we have all learned from his victory, which is America's loss.  Never even considered my comment may have sounded complacent.  My point, rather, was that Republicans, through their continued blind support of Trump are digging their own hole.  Calling, writing, attending town halls (do your research before you go, know the reps voting record, use fact, not feelings to reinforce your concerns) are all good ways to let reps know how disgruntled Americans are right now. But, all must get out there and vote and encourage others to do the same.

I stand corrected and thank you for calling my misstep to my attention.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors