Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

DEAR NIKE

Dear Nike.png

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Are those the graves of soldiers or of unarmed black men gunned down by police officers?  

Honored Social Butterfly

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 9.39.45 AM.png

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
308 Views
25
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

 


The poor demented dears - here they go and torch their $150 footware, and after a slight dip, Nike stock hits an all-time high and stores report a record nimber of sold-out styles of Nike's. I may even overcome my reluctance to support the VietCong Vets who make the shoes and pick up a pair. Oh, stock settled back down to where its been trading for the last several months, so Trumpettes, your panty-bunching had the expected effect - it makes you walk funny.

Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 9.39.45 AM.png

 

 Maybe the explanation of Nike's rise in value of 6 billion since this topic was created is because these protesters are going back to buy new Nike gear.....

 

LOL!!!

 

Image result for sacrifice looks

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
691 Views
0
Report
Bronze Conversationalist


@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 9.39.45 AM.png

 

 

 


 

And yet ... donating these things to homeless vets would make SO much more sense, and actually help the people these yahoos claim to care about. 

 

You can't make this stuff up.

Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 9.39.45 AM.png

 

 

 


I guess you would agree that the BURNING OF BOOKS of those you don't agree with is also a valid image of a form of protest.

 

Here is an image for your viewing pleasure:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCmiWaHUCw

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:


 

 


I guess you would agree that the BURNING OF BOOKS of those you don't agree with is also a valid image of a form of protest.

 

Here is an image for your viewing pleasure:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCmiWaHUCw


What does that have to do with burning NIKE shoes?  There is no comparison of burning NIKE shoes with the Germans burning books.  407,300 Americans died in Europe during the Second World War to stop Nazism.  So how many Americans do you think will die because of burning NIKE shoes?

 

Those 407,300 Americans died to avenge such actions you attempted to bring up by comparing burning NIKE shoes.  What is the comparison.

 

 

0 Kudos
343 Views
14
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 


  407,300 Americans died in Europe during the Second World War to stop Nazism. 

 

 


Yet many support the fascist actions of trump.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 


  407,300 Americans died in Europe during the Second World War to stop Nazism.


Yet many support the fascist actions of trump.


Sounds like you are degrading their sacrifice?  Making their deaths political?  Typical for a liberal. 

0 Kudos
412 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 


  407,300 Americans died in Europe during the Second World War to stop Nazism.


Yet many support the fascist actions of trump.


Sounds like you are degrading their sacrifice?  Making their deaths political?  Typical for a liberal. 


Anyone who voted for and still supports Trump would be seen as degrading their sacrifice. Especially the black soldiers who gave their lives in hope of an equal America. Not one that complains when athletes protest the treatment of their black relatives and families. 

 

Those soldiers did not die so you can watch NFL football completely oblivious to the treatment of your neighbors.  They died so those neighbors would receive equal treatment. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:


 

Those soldiers did not die so you can watch NFL football completely oblivious to the treatment of your neighbors.  They died so those neighbors would receive equal treatment. 


They died so you could post negative comments about the government and say what you want about the President without fear that a secret police would be dragging you off to a gulag.  You sell those who died in the Second World War and all those who died in the service of our country short.

 

You are saying that those Blacks who served and died did so for nothing?  Especially a very good friend, who happened to be Black, died in Vietnam did so for nothing?

 

Do you think you would have had your Black president if not for their sacrifices?  And what does all that have to do with Nike?

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

They died so you could post negative comments about the government and say what you want about the President without fear that a secret police would be dragging you off to a gulag. 

 


Won't be dragged off to a gulag, huh?????

 

Headline: TRUMP CALLS OP-ED TREASON...... DIRECTS ATTORNEY GENERAL TO INVESTIGATE AND UNCOVER THE AUTHOR OF THE PIECE

 

Headline: "THE TIMES MUST TURN OVER THE OP-ED AUTHOR TO THE GOVERNMENT, AT ONCE!!!!!" - TRUMP

 

Headline: RAND PAUL SUGGESTS ALL WHITE HOUSE STAFF TAKE A LIE DETECTOR TEST TO TRACK DOWN OP-ED WRITER

 

Headline: CONGRESS TO POSSIBLY TAKE STEPS TO REVEAL AUTHORSHIP OF OP-ED AND THEN TAKE FURTHER ACTION

 

Clearly, these are the EXACT SAME STEPS that Vladimir Putin would take in RUSSIA (ie tagging the person as a traitor, demanding the person be revealed by the press, authorizing lie detectors to "out" the individual, and using the Legislative Body to investigate).

 

Could be that TRUMP THE CHUMP is being MENTORED by Putin on this issue.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:


 

 


I guess you would agree that the BURNING OF BOOKS of those you don't agree with is also a valid image of a form of protest.

 

Here is an image for your viewing pleasure:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHCmiWaHUCw


What does that have to do with burning NIKE shoes?  There is no comparison of burning NIKE shoes with the Germans burning books.  407,300 Americans died in Europe during the Second World War to stop Nazism. 

 

What is the comparison.


Once again, you razzle dazzle the discussion by talking about how many deaths occurred in WWII. Use of that figure is so OFF TOPIC; it belongs in another thread about war deaths.

 

What's the comparison, my friend?

 

The comparison is very clear.

 

People are burning NIKE SHOES because they are in opposition to NIKE'S POLITICS while, in Germany, people burned BOOKS because they were in opposition to the POLITICS OF THOSE THAT WROTE THE BOOKS.

 

It was really a quite simple comparison to understand.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:

 

It was really a quite simple comparison to understand.


Of course, but there is no comparison of burning shoes with burning books.  We settled the problem of Germany with the Second World War.  One cannot live in the past by equating every incident with pre-war Germany.   More than anything attempting to do so indicates an unhealthy hate and the same prejudice and bias the Germans at that time had.

 

I've been in both Germany and Japan and find the people are moving on from that period of time.  In fact I'm coming to believe that there is more prejudice and hate here in this country than there...the partisan divide is becoming much like was in pre-war Germany.

Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

 

It was really a quite simple comparison to understand.


Of course, but there is no comparison of burning shoes with burning books.  We settled the problem of Germany with the Second World War.  One cannot live in the past by equating every incident with pre-war Germany.   More than anything attempting to do so indicates an unhealthy hate and the same prejudice and bias the Germans at that time had.

 

I've been in both Germany and Japan and find the people are moving on from that period of time.  In fact I'm coming to believe that there is more prejudice and hate here in this country than there...the partisan divide is becoming much like was in pre-war Germany.


I am so glad that you were able to travel the world although I find it disturbing that you find THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA "much like pre-war Germany".

 

But, since you have been to Germany and thus, an expert on their culture, I'll take your word for it.

 

I find it interesting that you describe the terminology regarding NAZIS versus NON-NAZIS in pre-war Germany as "a partisan divide".

 

But again, you've been there so who am I to argue.

 

As far as your first paragraph above, let me get this straight......... if I am against people burning their shoes to protest a BLACK MAN exercising his 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS; then it is I, not the shoe burners, that exhibits the same unhealthy hate, prejudice, and bias as the pre-war Germans?

 

You really, really are a follower of TRUMP. That is exactly what he would say.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:

 

........ if I am against people burning their shoes to protest a BLACK MAN exercising his 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS; then it is I, not the shoe burners, that exhibits the same unhealthy hate, prejudice, and bias as the pre-war Germans?

 

 


And you are criticizing Americans excercising their First Amendment Rights to burn NIKE shoes?  So what?  They have as much right to do so as your Black Man exercising his.  I do believe that you are hiding behind Kaepernick's skin color more than anything else.   Even though he is part White and his adopted parents were White, who raised him along his white adopted siblings.

 

Reading about his life he had no problems in society, and actually is worth around $20 million.  Why isn't he donating more than a few million to help those he refuses to stand for?  Where is the publicity about him working with those poor wretched souls? 

 

He comes across to me as a pure hypocrite and publicity hound.

 

Again, remember those burning their NIKEs are excercising their first amendment rights you want to suppress.

 

Have a good evening.

0 Kudos
487 Views
5
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:


They have as much right to do so as your Black Man exercising his. 

 

I do believe that you are hiding behind Kaepernick's skin color more than anything else.  

 

Even though he is part White and his adopted parents were White, who raised him along his white adopted siblings.

 

Reading about his life he had no problems in society, and actually is worth around $20 million. 

 

Where is the publicity about him working with those poor wretched souls? 



In your first sentence above you use the phrase "YOUR BLACK MAN". Was it your intention to imply ownership?

 

One only knows what you are implying by saying "PART WHITE, WHITE ADOPTIVE PARENTS, and WHITE SIBLINGS. Do you attribute his nurture by WHITES to be more positive than if he were nurtured in a BLACK FAMILY?

 

What is the purpose of specifically mentioning that "HE HAD NO PROBLEMS IN SOCIETY". You are aware that specifically pointing something out like that takes on the aura of being a "DOG WHISTLE" sort of like saying a BLACK MAN is "ARTICULATE"; like Desantis did in Florida.

 

Since his demonstrations have to do with BLACK ISSUES, you, by association, have called BLACK PEOPLE "wretched poor souls".

 

Calling Black People "wretched poor souls" is beyond the pale. It is right in line with TRUMP'S "What Have You Got To Lose?".

 

You say I am hiding behind Kaepernick's skin color.... but, it is you, my friend, that can talk about NOTHING BUT SKIN COLOR throughout your post.

 

 

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly


@nctarheel wrote:


In your first sentence above you use the phrase "YOUR BLACK MAN". Was it your intention to imply ownership?

 

 

 


You are the one emphasizing the phrase by using all capital letters, and the one who keeps posting about his skin color.  I'm emulating your posts.  In fact you have a history here of bringing up Blacks and capitalizing the word.  Is there a reason that you are race conscious and and can't accept that we are all human beings?

 

But you keep avoiding that he is of mixed race and raised by white parents.  Now you come across as trying to say that's a bad thing?  I believe you are just wanting to keep this argumentative...RIGHT?

 

How long are you going to keep this topic alive?  Find someone else to play with.

0 Kudos
408 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

 

........ if I am against people burning their shoes to protest a BLACK MAN exercising his 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS; then it is I, not the shoe burners, that exhibits the same unhealthy hate, prejudice, and bias as the pre-war Germans?

 

 


And you are criticizing Americans excercising their First Amendment Rights to burn NIKE shoes?  So what?  They have as much right to do so as your Black Man exercising his.  I do believe that you are hiding behind Kaepernick's skin color more than anything else.   Even though he is part White and his adopted parents were White, who raised him along his white adopted siblings.

 

Reading about his life he had no problems in society, and actually is worth around $20 million.  Why isn't he donating more than a few million to help those he refuses to stand for?  Where is the publicity about him working with those poor wretched souls? 

 

He comes across to me as a pure hypocrite and publicity hound.

 

Again, remember those burning their NIKEs are excercising their first amendment rights you want to suppress.

 

Have a good evening.


I realize it is not as satisfying but if you are going to get rid of your Nike's in protest, give them to a homeless shelter. Especially one with a lot of homeless vets.  Hmm. Maybe we can get a movement going to buy NEW Nike shoes for homeless vets? 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:


I realize it is not as satisfying but if you are going to get rid of your Nike's in protest, give them to a homeless shelter. Especially one with a lot of homeless vets.  Hmm. Maybe we can get a movement going to buy NEW Nike shoes for homeless vets? 


If you ever get a movement to by NEW Nikes, keep this old soldier in mind, I wouldn't be ashamed to wear them when working in our garden

0 Kudos
403 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png