Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DC Lobbyist w/connections to Manafort Charged

Message 1 of 16
isn't that the truth, something totally alien to Trump, too.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

“Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.”

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

So I guess that trump's loyal minions are awaiting instructions on how to respond to this?

Tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump, tic toc closer to trump ............

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@gordyfl wrote:

From the link:

"Court papers don’t refer to Kilimnik by name, but say Patten worked with a Russian national on lobbying and political consulting services.

Prosecutors say Patten’s company was involved in lobbying work in the United States and the Ukraine, but that he failed to register as a foreign agent with the Justice Department as required by law."

Sounds to me like what he did would have been legal had he registered as a lobbyist.

Prior to the 2016 election I assumed foreigners weren't allowed to be involved in U.S. elections. Period. I'm learning that's not the case. Also what has surprised me is how Americans directly help candidates' campaigns in other countries. (Although I do remember the U.S. paying $millions to get

candidates elected in Iraq after the Iraq Invasion - I assume they were pro-American candidates.) 

I wonder how people in other countries feel about foreigners, like Americans, Russians, Chinese, trying to influence their elections, even if it's done in a legal way.

In the U.S. we can see how some Americans reacted when they learned that some Russians posted some memes on FaceBook. Some say it was to influence the election, while others say it was done to sow discord because the memes dealt with both sides of the issues. 

Is this the new norm? Globalism?

Good question, however, we've always "meddled" in the politics of the Middle East, SE Asia, and elsewhere, as have the Russians, since at least the end of WWI, and more so post WWII. I think it was mostly done through covert means and the CIA from what history I've read. We've also made it our business to support ruthless dictators, Shah of Iran, Saddam Hussein, and others, when it suited our purpose. We have often played Iran and Iraq off of each other to maintain a balance power, so there's a history there. It's no wonder that it finally comes back to bite us in a big way. That said, we don't have to tolerate it as we have the means to fight back.

As for Patten, this is what he was charged with and pleaded guilty to in order to get a deal, and is now cooperating with the Mueller investigation. It was also reported that he had lied to Congress about his dealings. TV lawyers point out that there might have been other charges levied against him had he not reached a plea deal to cooperate, and that is true for all of those who made deals. Defendants are often allowed to plead guilty to lesser charges in order to wave others that carry a stiffer penalty or heavier sentence, in order to get cooperation, so they say.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

From the link:

"Court papers don’t refer to Kilimnik by name, but say Patten worked with a Russian national on lobbying and political consulting services.

Prosecutors say Patten’s company was involved in lobbying work in the United States and the Ukraine, but that he failed to register as a foreign agent with the Justice Department as required by law."

Sounds to me like what he did would have been legal had he registered as a lobbyist.

Prior to the 2016 election I assumed foreigners weren't allowed to be involved in U.S. elections. Period. I'm learning that's not the case. Also what has surprised me is how Americans directly help candidates' campaigns in other countries. (Although I do remember the U.S. paying $millions to get

candidates elected in Iraq after the Iraq Invasion - I assume they were pro-American candidates.) 

I wonder how people in other countries feel about foreigners, like Americans, Russians, Chinese, trying to influence their elections, even if it's done in a legal way.

In the U.S. we can see how some Americans reacted when they learned that some Russians posted some memes on FaceBook. Some say it was to influence the election, while others say it was done to sow discord because the memes dealt with both sides of the issues. 

Is this the new norm? Globalism?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

@ManicProgressive wrote:

This is a fascinating. He acted as a straw donor to give $50,000 to Trumps inauguration fund on behalf of a Ukrainian who was legally barred from doing so.

Inauguration fund. That totaled $107 million, which mysteriously got spent on the tiniest little inauguration in history. I bet that trail of money will lead to some very interesting places....Anything left over we were would go to chairity. LOL 

Donald Trump and the Case of the $107,000,000

No one seems to know how Team Trump managed to spend $107 million in donations for his inauguration

There is a chart to help.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/donald-trump-and-the-case-of-the-107000000-62923...

Trump's predecessors merged their campaign committees into their party's committee following their election victories. Following his 2016 election victory, Trump eschewed this presidential tradition and retained a separate campaign committee. Trump's campaign committee continued raising funds....

Trump officially filed his reelection campaign with the FEC on January 20, 2017, the day of his inauguration.......47 months prior to the date of the election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign,_2020

There is no question Mueller's investigation keeps leading "to some very interesting places".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

So, is there even one law abiding person working for the Donald these days?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

And if reporting is correct, he maybe pleading guilty . . .

"Patten was charged by way of a criminal information, a document that can only be filed with a defendant’s consent and that typically signals a guilty plea is planned."  - Associated Press

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

This is a fascinating. He acted as a straw donor to give $50,000 to Trumps inauguration fund on behalf of a Ukrainian who was legally barred from doing so.

Inauguration fund. That totaled $107 million, which mysteriously got spent on the tiniest little inauguration in history. I bet that trail of money will lead to some very interesting places....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@Tom5678 wrote:
speaking of Lips-Rudy. He sure has been quiet this past week. Is he even in the country? Did Trump can him and not tell the media or ???? Wouldn't surprise me if Trump secretly canned him. Such a loose lipped idiot.

I want Rudy to hang around for as long as possible. Face it, where will we EVER find another lawyer so blatantly incompetent he can have Hannity "trick" him into admitting his client, Der Trumper hisself,  LIED about NOT having committed felony crimes, and did it ON FOX so the entire Republican base saw and heard it?

It's as close as that schmuck Hannity will ever come to being an actual reporter of NEWS, even if it was a total accident on his part to have gotten the admission of guilt Rudy delivered to all the little Foxbots.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22