Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 26 INJURED)

Message 61 of 68

LydiaN586309 posted..

WE NEED GUN CONTROL NOW...TODAY.....THIS MINUTE!!!!!

My simple beginning solution: Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in! I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately. And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC! For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (AMERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again. It needs to stop and WE must demand it stop NOW!!!

============================================================

I agree with the ban on sale of assault weapons..that could be done.

Gun control is another subject that is a good slogan but my question is what can be done? One thing would require have gun checks at all gun shows .

To get people to turn in assault weapons would help but do you think crooks will turn in their weapons> ..I think they will not.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 68

Limit gun ownership to smooth bore, muzzle loading, black powder weapons. 

Like the founding fathers intended

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 68

Limit gun ownership to smooth bore, muzzle loading, black powder weapons. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 16 INJURED)

Message 64 of 68

@gruffstuff wrote:

Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in!  I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately.  And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL  ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC!  For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (MERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again.  It needs to stop and we must demand in stop NOW!!! 

License all semi automatic firearms.

Allow single action firearms for sport and home defense without a license. That would be revolver type hand guns, bolt action, lever action, and pump action rifles and shot guns.

License requirements would be training by licensed instructors trained to spot people with problems, and training and observation would be required ever time the license is renewed.

A license would have to be renewed ever two years.

Failure to comply would be escalating fines, secured by tax refunds, government pensions, Social Security benefits, payouts, and liens against property owned.

Set a dead line to get a license or turn in guns, give people plenty of time and pleanty of notice, TV, Radio, posters, the internet, email, notices in utility bills, tax bills, driver license renewals.

Start the fines after the dead line, if someone is caught with a unlicensed gun they pay the fine from that date.

Allow an appeals process, a day in court to redress greivences. 

Allow government buy backs of guns and destroy them on the spot, in sight of the person turning the gun in. 

That wouldn't be hard to do, use take an electric saw and cut them in two. 

An Assault Weapons Ban would just be a smoke screen, that is basically banning a weapon by how it looks, not how it works.

A semi automatic farm and ranch rifle would be just as deadly, and you can buy big clips for them two.

Even a small caliber gun, like a .22 can be a weapon of mass murder. Any firearm can.

The difference is how fast an attacker can kill people, how much time people have to run away, if the attacker can be stopped by bystanders, and if the attacker will try to carry out an attack if not emboldened by overwhelming fire power.

I agree with you. I see no need for guns other than hunting for food, vermin control on farms, and self defense out in areas where police have a 45 minute response time.  I personally don’t think any others should exist.  

But I think politically, there’s slightly more buy-in for banning high capacity weapons first.

And yes, they should license the heck out of everything. Broaden liability laws.  Mom’s gun used in a mass shooting? Mom goes to jail. 

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 68

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I agree with you, but after Sandy Hook, I have no hope. If exploding the bodies of 20 little 6 and 7 year olds doesn’t result in gun control, what will?  I have no respect and no hope for the people who kneel and worship the almighty gun.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know the history of America's complacency when it comes to issues of gun control and the 2nd amendment proponents.  But WE must press the political leaders whom WE have put into place by our vote, to do what MUST be done for the safety and sanctity of American lives.  GUN CONTROL NOW!!!!

START WITH ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!

And if there are other types of guns which can be used to kill enmasse as well--THEY GO TOO!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 68

Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in!  I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately.  And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL  ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC!  For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (MERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again.  It needs to stop and we must demand in stop NOW!!! 

License all semi automatic firearms.

Allow single action firearms for sport and home defense without a license. That would be revolver type hand guns, bolt action, lever action, and pump action rifles and shot guns.

License requirements would be training by licensed instructors trained to spot people with problems, and training and observation would be required ever time the license is renewed.

A license would have to be renewed ever two years.

Failure to comply would be escalating fines, secured by tax refunds, government pensions, Social Security benefits, payouts, and liens against property owned.

Set a dead line to get a license or turn in guns, give people plenty of time and pleanty of notice, TV, Radio, posters, the internet, email, notices in utility bills, tax bills, driver license renewals.

Start the fines after the dead line, if someone is caught with a unlicensed gun they pay the fine from that date.

Allow an appeals process, a day in court to redress greivences. 

Allow government buy backs of guns and destroy them on the spot, in sight of the person turning the gun in. 

That wouldn't be hard to do, use take an electric saw and cut them in two. 

An Assault Weapons Ban would just be a smoke screen, that is basically banning a weapon by how it looks, not how it works.

A semi automatic farm and ranch rifle would be just as deadly, and you can buy big clips for them too.

Even a small caliber gun, like a .22 can be a weapon of mass murder. Any firearm can.

The difference is how fast an attacker can kill people, how much time people have to run away, if the attacker can be stopped by bystanders, and if the attacker will try to carry out an attack if not emboldened by overwhelming fire power.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 68

I agree with you, but after Sandy Hook, I have no hope. If exploding the bodies of 20 little 6 and 7 year olds doesn’t result in gun control, what will?  I have no respect and no hope for the people who kneel and worship the almighty gun.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 26 INJURED)

Message 68 of 68

I woke up this morning and found myself already feeling despondent about the horrible killings in El Paso and when I turned on my TV, I was met with "breaking news" of ANOTHER mass shooting that happened over night in Dayton, Ohio. Nine people killed and 26 injured. I am sickened and numb right now. And I AM ANGRY!!!!

America has become the hunting ground of sick, evil, depraved, hate-filled, enraged MURDERERS!   These people see themselves as vigilantes and/or heroes to some--willing to offer themselves up to be martyrs for whatever violent and hateful cause or beliefs they may have. They leave behind their manifestos on online sites which help to recruit and fuel the hate now overtaking our nation...OUR NATION!  Manifestos which would probably never be seen save for the notoriety garnered by their heinous acts and the proliferation of those hate groups and websites which live in the dark net.

But now, we find ourselves where AGAIN!!!!!  More average AMERICAN people, going about their average lives, trying to enjoy their lives while in the pursuit of happiness (which I believe is supposedly an American right), when another MONSTER attacks.  I, for one, am SICK OF IT!!!!!

WE NEED GUN CONTROL NOW...TODAY.....THIS MINUTE!!!!!  

My simple beginning solution:  Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in!  I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately.  And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL  ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC!  For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (AMERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again.  It needs to stop and WE must demand it stop NOW!!! 

Kudos
Views
Replies