From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 26 INJURED)

Message 1 of 68

@fangoh45 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
LydiaN586309 posted..

I am not interested in JUDGING any one individual or group and the use of the proverbial equivalency factor does NOT apply here!

========================================================

I wish the left would do that. Some Democrats are already blaming Trump for the shootings.

Actually, it's Trump AND his NRA controlled Republicans!

Grt real.

"Grt" .... is nothing "real"!

Did this nut job shoot his own sister because of Trump and/or the NRA??

A straw man argument in the form of an accusatory question!

How stupid and/or lying the Libs can be. Doubt they believe it themselves.

Those traits apply to the NRA and those who fear and blindly obey the NRA!

Were they stupid or lying when they said:

Hillary by a landslide

Nope .... They wern't aware of the massive Russian interference in key swing states enabling Trump to win electoral votes by the slimmest of margins!

Trump colluded with Russia 😂

His campaign (Donny Jr. and son-in-law Jarred) did in fact collude with Russia when they gave Russian agents the polling data they requested to target selected swing states!

Trump will be impeached within a year of his election

They thought there would be enough patriotic Constitutional abiding Republicans in Congress to do the right thing. They were wrong there when Republicans continually allowed Trump to defecate all over the Constitution!

The economy will tank if Trump elected

And it's heading that way due to Trump's asinine tariff war!

Trump was only riding on the coat tails of the successful economy he inherited from President Obama!

He’s a racist

And indeed Trump certainly is a racist .... clearly exhibited by his hate filled comments about Mexicans and people of color!

He’s responsible for mad men who go on shooting rampages

Trump's responsible for White Supremacists who go on shooting sprees .... and will be responsible for "mad men" who go on shooting sprees as Trump and his Republican minions rescinded President Obama's executive Order banning mentally ill people from purchasing firearms!!!

Get real!!!!

"Getting real" entails acceptance of the "obvious" .... something the Right Wing ignores whenever the "obvious" gets in the way of what they want to believe!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 68

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Is this a forum of intelligent senior citizens or class of 2 year olds?

Enough with trying to find points of blame and finger pointing. I don't care if the murderer is a Republican or Democrat or Nothing at All! The fact of the matter is people are dying at the hands of others who intend to  kill a mass of people at the same time to satisfy whatever sick, demented, depraved, evil mission they have set themselves on. A mission of death and murder.

We must put this horror to an end!

My question is this -- which do you care more about? People? Or guns? Are we going to continue to let people die needlessly? Or are we going to grow up  and  finally learn to work together(democrats, republicans,  and the non-affiliated) to end the madness?

I believe all Americans should have the right to life and  the pursuit of happiness. And I vote for Life over death!

Here are some thoughts for you. Yes we must end this and guns are a big part of it, but it is tied into our entire political system sadly. The far right have always been the force behind all of this. Guns, and race. The far right now controls the Reb. party, and that party is lead by Donald Trump who is and has always been a raciest, and White Nationalist. Just  talk to his friends, and look at what he has done since being in Office. The people they have chosen to get rid of this time are immigrants, people of color, Muslims. Hitler did the same thing but used different people.

How do you fix this problem. Well we elected Trump and all new what he was like when we did it. Now the people must end it if possible. Trump is trying to be a dictator and is doing it just the way Hitler did in Germany. Hopefully we end this horror in 2020 by throwing Trump out of Office, and everyone with an R behind their name. It would all change then, and the Reb. party can be rebuilt by the good people who left it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 68

Is this a forum of intelligent senior citizens or a class of 2 year olds?

Enough with trying to find points of blame and finger pointing. I don't care if the murderer is a Republican or Democrat or Nothing at All! The fact of the matter is people are dying at the hands of others who intend to  kill a mass of people at the same time to satisfy whatever sick, demented, depraved, evil mission they have set themselves on. A mission of death and murder.

We must put this horror to an end!

My question is this -- which do you care more about? People? Or guns? Are we going to continue to let people die needlessly? Or are we going to grow up  and  finally learn to work together(democrats, republicans,  and the non-affiliated) to end the madness?

I believe all Americans should have the right to life and  the pursuit of happiness. And I vote for Life over death!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

We are advised to not judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Only GOPerBots claim anyone is judging gun owners. What's being judged are the guns they should be allowed to own, which EXCLUDES military grade weapons whose primary distinction is they are designed to kill as many human beings as possible in the shortest period of time - using semi-auto fire and high capacity mags/clips. No sportsman or marksman has any need for that, but homicidal maniacs and their supporters consider it a non-negotiable requirement.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 68

@MaVolta wrote:

Regardless of our politics, I think we can agree that any weapon that can kill 9 and leave 26 injured in less than a minute is an assault weapon.

We need conservative voices, as well as independents to speak up on the ban of assault weapons and other common sense gun laws. We need liberals and progressives to work with them on what is possible. Don't make this a partisan fight. For cryin' out loud, we need Congress to do what is right and forget about who's in the WH. 

At minimum, they should be able to -

• ban assault weapons (help me define this NOT)ANY SEMI-AUTOMATIC GUN THAT CAN FIRE MORE THAN 8 TIMES BEFORE RELOADING. NOT refuses to accept any definitions that would prevent military grade weapons from getting to civilians so they can play in the woods and pretend they'll defeat the US Army in the Next American Revolution. They might want to discuss their chances with some vets from the Republican Guard before they actually confront our for real Warriors.
  • ban high capacity magazines ANYTHING THAT ALLOWS THE GUN TO FIRE MORE THAN 8 TIMES BEFORE RELOADING
  • pass universal background checks Good intent, no results for mass murder. NONE of the last dozen mass murders would have had a problem passing a background check, but WOULD provide a way to get the guns away from the crooks who cannot pass the check - along with a $1000 REWARD FOR TURNING THEM IN.
  • close gun show loopholes

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

BTW, most mass shooters are Democrats (the party of hate)!

Most mass murders are committed by Democrats as the Ohio shooter was and having nothing to do with Trump!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-rep-most-mass-shooters-end-up-being-democrats

From Politifact: Do many mass shooters 'end up being Democrats', as Rep. Tenney said? No

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
LydiaN586309 posted..

I am not interested in JUDGING any one individual or group and the use of the proverbial equivalency factor does NOT apply here!

========================================================

I wish the left would do that. Some Democrats are already blaming Trump for the shootings.

Those that are blaming Trump ought to look at the affiliation of the shooter in Ohio.  He was a registered Democrat (the party of hate).  Maybe one thing that would cut down the mass shootings is to prohibit sale of guns to Democrats.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-connor-betts-dayton-ohio-shooter-1452491

He was also a crew member at Chipolte Mexican Grill.  LORDY!  I'm never going into a Chipolte again!  All they hire is wackos and mass murderers!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 68

@afisher wrote:

The RW are playing defense and playing it badly.    They are using false premise to protect their NRA talking point.     People with guns kill people.    These same people may travel a distance to create their mass shooting events.    2 or the last 3 mass murders came from another locale.    

They are using smoke / mirror to avoid reality.    

I presume that they know there is a pretty easy fix, but they are so propagandized by the NRA and RW politics that they would never admit that there are a series of steps to eliminate these mass shooting.    Reminder there was some RW person here who embraced the gun violence in Chicago and ignored the real problem with their argument.   

These are the same people that get off when donald talks about how much better everyone would be if the non-white population would vanish.   IMO these are very sick people who can not take responsiblity for their own failure.  

Those in the left are playing their hand awfully bad with most of the killings in cities controlled by Democrats and occupied by Democrats.  You must have noticed the Ohio shooter was another one of your Democrat thugs.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-connor-betts-dayton-ohio-shooter-1452491

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 68

The RW are playing defense and playing it badly.    They are using false premise to protect their NRA talking point.     People with guns kill people.    These same people may travel a distance to create their mass shooting events.    2 or the last 3 mass murders came from another locale.    

They are using smoke / mirror to avoid reality.    

I presume that they know there is a pretty easy fix, but they are so propagandized by the NRA and RW politics that they would never admit that there are a series of steps to eliminate these mass shooting.    Reminder there was some RW person here who embraced the gun violence in Chicago and ignored the real problem with their argument.   

These are the same people that get off when donald talks about how much better everyone would be if the non-white population would vanish.   IMO these are very sick people who can not take responsiblity for their own failure.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 26 INJURED)

Message 10 of 68

The Top 10 SAFEST CITIES in America (7 out of 10 are BLUE)

To find the safest cities in the U.S. SmartAsset took a holistic approach, looking at a number of different metrics. Violent crime was a primary factor in our analysis, but we also looked at other measures of safety, such as motor vehicle accidents, drug use and excessive drinking. We considered the largest 200 cities in the U.S. 

1. Sunnyvale, California

2. Honolulu, Hawaii

3. Bellevue, Washington

4. Cary, North Carolina

5. Alexandria, Virginia

6. San Jose, California

7. McAllen, Texas

8. Fremont, California

9. Salem, Oregon

10. Frisco, Texas

https://smartasset.com/mortgage/safest-cities-in-america

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors