Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 26 INJURED)

Message 41 of 68

NOT says "We are advised to not judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics."

---------------------------------

NOT , why does any Civilian need a Military Style Weapon (regardless of definition) loaded with 30-100 Rounds ? A Weapon designed for WAR !!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 68

We just found out that the Dayton Ohio killer had a 100 ROUND Magazine !! Is that the "Right To Bear Arms" our Streets need to protect ? NO Civilian needs these Weapons of War !!

Can we have some COMMON SENSE from the Far Right ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

We are advised to not judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

I am not interested in JUDGING any one individual or group and the use of the proverbial equivalency factor does NOT apply here!

It's time to stop making excuses for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!

WE, the American people, MUST act NOW to move/force the politicians who seem more concerned with the fortunes of the greedy, self-servicing gun manufacturers, to make a real push to corral this horror of mass murder which has now become as visual a part of the American landscape as the Statue of Liberty and the so-called American Dream.

Now, we can continue to DEBATE the issue or WE can begin to put the press to those greased-palmers in Washington to do whatever possible to save the lives of Americans and in honor of and solace to the loved ones of those who have already fallen in what is now THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE!!!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 68

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

That is not true. 

Who’s quotation is that?

Of course it's not true - a conservative posted it.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING 

That is not true. 

Who’s quotation is that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 68

We are advised to not judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 68

Regardless of our politics, I think we can agree that any weapon that can kill 9 and leave 26 injured in less than a minute is an assault weapon.

We need conservative voices, as well as independents to speak up on the ban of assault weapons and other common sense gun laws. We need liberals and progressives to work with them on what is possible. Don't make this a partisan fight. For cryin' out loud, we need Congress to do what is right and forget about who's in the WH. 

At minimum, they should be able to -

• ban assault weapons (help me define this NOT)
  • ban high capacity magazines
  • pass universal background checks
  • close gun show loopholes

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 68
mandm84 posted...

Thanks KidBoy , it's nice to see a Far Right Republican willing to move towards the middle regarding this epidemic !!

============================================

"Far Right Republican" ... only in your mind!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 68

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

LydiaN586309 posted..

WE NEED GUN CONTROL NOW...TODAY.....THIS MINUTE!!!!!

My simple beginning solution: Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in! I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately. And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC! For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (AMERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again. It needs to stop and WE must demand it stop NOW!!!

============================================================

I agree with the ban on sale of assault weapons..that could be done.

Gun control is another subject that is a good slogan but my question is what can be done? One thing would require have gun checks at all gun shows .

To get people to turn in assault weapons would help but do you think crooks will turn in their weapons> ..I think they will not.

You can't have a ban on assault weapons until a concise definition of what an assault weapon is.  You can't (like the left likes to do) just say ban assault weapons without defining them.

Gun shows must change the way they sell guns.  They must have a background check.

I agree that anyone in possession of a banned firearm will NOT turn it in if they have criminal intentions.  Crooks or people that are crazy will never turn in their weapons. The only weapons turned in will be those people who would never commit a crime.

That's why we need a bounty on armed crooks - $1000 should bring out at least one acquaintence who knows about the gun(s) but has no attachment to the owner.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 68

@KidBoy2 wrote:

LydiaN586309 posted..

WE NEED GUN CONTROL NOW...TODAY.....THIS MINUTE!!!!!

My simple beginning solution: Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in! I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately. And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC! For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (AMERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again. It needs to stop and WE must demand it stop NOW!!!

============================================================

I agree with the ban on sale of assault weapons..that could be done.

Gun control is another subject that is a good slogan but my question is what can be done? One thing would require have gun checks at all gun shows .

To get people to turn in assault weapons would help but do you think crooks will turn in their weapons> ..I think they will not.

The term "assault rifle" is meaningless. What needs to be banned are automatic and semi-automatic weapons that can fire more than 8 times before reloading. Crooks may not turn in their semi-autos, but their friends will turn THEM in for $1000. As for honest citizens, a simple conversion to eliminate the semi-auto feed will allow everyone to keep their weapons, no matter how ugly or how long a bayonet they can accomodate.

Gun checks are meaningless as well - mass murderers seldom have criminal records before they slaughter their neighbors and classmates. To end mass murder we need to eliminate the only thing that makes such acts possible - auto and semi-auto weapons.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors