From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 26 INJURED)

Message 51 of 68

As frustrating as it is, we will have no common sense control of guns until we have lawmakers and leaders, on all levels, especially on the federal level, to enact laws to deal with this. 

And we will not see this under trump. He does not care about gun control and will do anything to impede it’s implementation. Shooting people sure seems like it’s part of his fear and division program...he does not care about people, and only wants control over everyone and everything...a dictator!

Please, prove me wrong!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 68

Many are tired of the da*n excuse of it's just "mental health issues"....that is BS....IF they truly believe that message, than why not make every gun owner go through a mental health examination under a new type of "Patriot Act" for all this rising "Domestic Terrorism"?! Hit the pocket book (seeings how they have no conscience) of the gun lobby with fines/fees to help pay for all the carnage these attacks cause.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 68

If all of the victims were white republicans - the fat moron who cheats at golf as much as he tells lies would do something - but he really doesn't care...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 68

I was already sickened at what happened in El Paso. Then like you, I picked up the news feed this morning only to learn that another mass shooting occurred in Ohio over night.

Congress is in recess. That means they are back in their districts or home states. It's a good time to call them, write them, or show up at a town hall. Demand that they do something.

Even conservatives here agree with certain measures. It's not unusual to have liberals speak out, but if conservatives start to demand action, it is more likely to happen. You hold a lot of power on this issue, especially in the Senate. It shouldn't be a partisan issue. It's high time that both sides commit to working this out. How many more innocent people must die to gun violence? What's it gonna take, people? 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: DAYTON OHIO -- LASTEST MASS MURDER (9 DEAD, 16 INJURED)

Message 55 of 68
I think of the saying, “ROME BURNS WHILE NERO FIDDLES”, that’s what our president is doing today. Instead of calling in the NRA and seeking a answer to this bloodshed. Congratulations on your golf game today in New Jersey Mr Almost A President.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 68

KidBoy2 says "I agree with the ban on sale of assault weapons..that could be done."

"Gun control is another subject that is a good slogan but my question is what can be done? One thing would require have gun checks at all gun shows ."

--------------------------

Thanks KidBoy , it's nice to see a Far Right Republican willing to move towards the middle regarding this epidemic !!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 68

Just another weekend in America. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 68

I went to bed listening to the aftermath of the El Paso (one of America's safest cities) slaughter. Woke to very disheartening news that it happened again within 13 hours in Ohio.  What kind of species are we???  We are not safe in our schools, places of worship, concerts and shopping. My, oh my, aren't they making America great?!  SEE IT?!  If this country does not stop this, they are indeed allowing and accepting it with the actions of doing nothing.

We are a disgraceful nation today to the rest of the world.

Shame on us for not demanding our representation for stopping this!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 68

People turn in guns. That gets more guns off the street that could potentially be used later. What if Adam Lanza’s mother had turned in all her guns? She might still be alive today.  And 20 kids might be headed off to high school in the fall.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 68

@KidBoy2 wrote:

LydiaN586309 posted..

WE NEED GUN CONTROL NOW...TODAY.....THIS MINUTE!!!!!

My simple beginning solution: Every American who now owns an assault weapon...turn it in! I don't care if the government offers a buy-back plan or what, but that needs to happen immediately. And at the same time, A FULL BAN ON THE SALE OF ANY AND ALL ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC! For there is no good reason for any American CITIZEN to have those type of weapons--EXCEPT to KILL ENMASSE people (AMERICAN PEOPLE) and that is exactly what is happening over and over again. It needs to stop and WE must demand it stop NOW!!!

============================================================

I agree with the ban on sale of assault weapons..that could be done.

Gun control is another subject that is a good slogan but my question is what can be done? One thing would require have gun checks at all gun shows .

To get people to turn in assault weapons would help but do you think crooks will turn in their weapons> ..I think they will not.

You can't have a ban on assault weapons until a concise definition of what an assault weapon is.  You can't (like the left likes to do) just say ban assault weapons without defining them.

Gun shows must change the way they sell guns.  They must have a background check.

I agree that anyone in possession of a banned firearm will NOT turn it in if they have criminal intentions.  Crooks or people that are crazy will never turn in their weapons. The only weapons turned in will be those people who would never commit a crime.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors