Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 4

I was particularly irked by two events at Normandy, and by our media which wants to kiss trump’s boots at the smallest of his actions:

-They lauded trump for acting presidential, when in fact he did nothing more than a 9th grader could have done, by reading a speech off of a teleprompter that was written by someone else...and he did a terrible job of reading it. 

-The media’s hair should have been on fire from the totally disrespectful interview done with fox having the Honored Vets cemetery as a backdrop.  I am not surprised that trump dishonors our Country and our Veterans, but I am amazed that the media dishonors itself thru it’s inaction of reporting the reality and impact of trump events...have they succumbed to trump...I certainly hope not!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I have watched 3 anniversary. celebrations at the American Cemetery in Normandy on C-Span. The 50th., the 60th ., the 75th , (current year). I was proud to be an American on 2 of the 3 as our President showed the world why we were the leader of the free world in the way they conducted themselves. They spoke from the heart not the paper they read from, and looked and acted as such a leader should. I wish I could say he same for the 3rd. What I saw is how far we have fallen in the last few years, and a person reading from the teleprompter, but not the heart. Go watch it for your self. I have been lucky to have visited these hallowed grounds and feel in person what radiates from them so it is very hard to understand what happened this year as I thought anyone would feel the same as I did. Two of the three did, but one I think showed no feeling and was able to bring politics into the event. For shame.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Trump insulted all by his comments about Pelosi at the cemetary... how disgusting can that guy get.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

D-Day Anniversary

Message 4 of 4

russia china ww2 group.png

Russia lost the most lives during WW2. So why wasn't Putin invited to the 75th anniversary of D-Day?

Putin has attended in the past. In 2014, he attended the 70th anniversary of the 1944 Allied landings. Asked on Thursday why he was not invited, Putin dismissed the suggestion that he was deliberately snubbed.

China lost the second most lives during the war. They were absent from the event.

russia china ww2.png

russia china ww2 two.png

There were many countries invited, including Angela Merkel, representing Germany.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/07/europe/putin-d-day-absence-intl/index.html

China's Xi praises 'best friend' Putin during Russia visit...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48537663

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors