Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Custom Wedding Cake Legal Battle Continues

Message 31 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The topic is about law - Constitutional law of California and of the United States Of America - secular law only.

Attempting to inject religion into court deliberation and into the Supreme Law of the Land is an unpatriotic act.

The verdict in this case is based on something that does not exist but what a baker is expected to design, create and make.  And the declining to do so but referring the requester to a competator with who prior arangements had been made in such instances.

Further the reason for declining was based on the baker's religious beliefs.  Chasky has been badgering for scripture that would back up this belief so I have furnished it.  Apparently you just can't accept that explanation. 

The Constitution of the United States applies to everyone, not just for those who have no use for religious beliefs.  The state forcing her to do something against her beliefs goes against the establishment of religion or the exercise thereof; even in her business and exhibits a bias against and infringing on her valid religious beliefs. 

I would believe that the Supreme Court decision in favor of Hobby Lobby should exhibit that a person/business is entitled to religious factors even in business.

Hobby Lobby was about a particular type of birth control where there were other options offered through the HL health plan. You are suggesting that the baker can abdicate the responsibility to serve the public equally by providing a work around or sending certain classes of people to other vendors.  I don't think that works. 

The court is not trying to determine if the problem was resolved. They are trying to determine if rights are violated. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 156

@alferdpacker wrote:

The topic is about law - Constitutional law of California and of the United States Of America - secular law only.

Attempting to inject religion into court deliberation and into the Supreme Law of the Land is an unpatriotic act.

The verdict in this case is based on something that does not exist but what a baker is expected to design, create and make.  And the declining to do so but referring the requester to a competator with who prior arangements had been made in such instances.

Further the reason for declining was based on the baker's religious beliefs.  Chasky has been badgering for scripture that would back up this belief so I have furnished it.  Apparently you just can't accept that explanation. 

The Constitution of the United States applies to everyone, not just for those who have no use for religious beliefs.  The state forcing her to do something against her beliefs goes against the establishment of religion or the exercise thereof; even in her business and exhibits a bias against and infringing on her valid religious beliefs. 

I would believe that the Supreme Court decision in favor of Hobby Lobby should exhibit that a person/business is entitled to religious factors even in business.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

There are no instances where "I have" Tex.

Of course not

No Tex ..... You again conveniently truncated my posting to say something that was erroneous. If you had included what my response was relative to, it would indicate that:

I have never referenced irrelevant Scripture, interpreted Scripture incorrectly and referenced Scripture that was never there.  That's ALL YOUR work!

You have never backed anything up with scripture. 

Not true Tex!

And you continue to obfuscate by demanding others answer questions. 

No obfuscating as you fallaciously accuse. YOU made a vicious claim attacking gay people by using the Bible but you are unable to provide any reference in the Bible to back up your ludicrous claim!

That indicates first you blame others and can't back up your claims. 

YOU made the claims Tex .... but refuse to back them up!

Until you can, you have no place to demand others answer your frivolous questions.

And another evasion and refusal to answer the questions posed to you!

------------------------------------

Once again Tex, the "claims" are YOURS.

YOUR "claim":

And while you're at it you might read up in Paul's epistles about Christian's deploring and avoiding certain types of conduct while being concerned about the person themselves. 

And I responded with:

An enormously nebulous response Tex.

What conduct?

What epistles Tex?

What Chapter and verse Tex? 

And ..... where in the New Testament does it sanction discrimination against gay people ... as you also "claim"?

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Is a gay couple marrying a crime?

Read Romans 1: 26-27, in fact read the entire chapter.  

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Now you are attempting to equate spirtual and religious matters with secular laws and matters.  Read Romans 1: 26-27, in fact read the entire chapter.  

But of course you, as with others, will only believe what you want to believe and see what you want to see.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 156

@GailL1 wrote:

Under which Title do you find sexual orientation as a protected class?

You will find it protected under various state civil rights laws - in fact the basis for this discussion is because of California civil rights laws.

I agree.  Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You have shown that you cannot quote a scripture which says it is wrong or a sin for a baker to create and sell a wedding cake to a gay couple.  Thank you for being so clear about it.

And you can't quote scripture where it isn't wrong.  Fact is, I doubt you even know much about the scripture.  But where the lady finds it wrong is that it would violate her religious beliefs.  Those beliefs are derived from the epistles of the Apostles, not from some religious leader, but from the scriptures.  HER religious beliefs as outlined in the Bible not YOURS

When did you get the authority to dictate what another person can believe religiously.   Perhaps you need to do more serious study of those epistles?

You just can't stand for anyone to have an opinion or belief other than yours, can you?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 156

@myexper wrote:

There are no instances where "I have" Tex.

Of course not.  You have never backed anything up with scripture.  And you continue to obfuscate by demanding others answer questions.  That indicates first you blame others and can't back up your claims.  Until you can, you have no place to demand others answer your frivolous questions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Selling a wedding cake to a gay or straight couple is not "condoning" what they do. It is simply selling them a wedding cake.

To the contrary, I am most likely just as familiar with the scriptures as you are. Someone disagreeing with you does not mean they are not as familiar. I asked the question because you could have been referencing any of quite a few scriptures that could be erroneously interpreted to justify discriminating against someone because of a religious belief. Yes you did "avoid the question" but ..... you interpreted a meaning from scriptures in Romans, as you posted to someone else. I addressed that interpretation in my reply to that posting.

So if you sold someone a gun knowing that it would be used to commit a crime wouldn't necessarily mean you were condoning the crime?

The meaning is clear as written.

I question your knowledge of these passages.

If it is clear as written then show the "writing" or scripture you base your claim on.

And I question your knowledge of these passages, so I guess that makes us even.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I have to note that a person can "avoid" the conduct of being gay and still sell a peron a wedding cake.

Your post makes no sense, even ignoring the typo.

Selling a person anything, even a wedding cake, is not condoning anything they may do.

Since you want to childishly point out a typo, should I start pointing out every grammatical error that you make?  I can surely accommodate you because they are plentiful.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors