Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Custom Wedding Cake Legal Battle Continues

Message 111 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If my religious belief is that I should cut your hand off and you come in my cake store and request me to bake a cake for you should I be allowed to cut your hand off?

That is an outright ridiculous and  frivolous comment and doesn't deserve an answer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@chask ,y53 wrote:

Where in the New Testament dois is say not to bake a wedding cake for any kind of couple?

Your post brings to mind the question from the Sadducees about marriage designed to trick Jesus as related in the New Testament.

Chas, the response appears to acknowledge he has no idea.  Most already knew the answer.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Where in the New Testament dois is say not to bake a wedding cake for any kind of couple?

Your post brings to mind the question from the Sadducees about marriage designed to trick Jesus as related in the New Testament.

Is that an evasion and avoidance of giving a truthful answer?

Is there a reason for everyone not seeing a straightforward and unequivocal answer to a perfectly straightforward question?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Discrimination is not a State issue. It is a Constitutional issue.

Of course it's discrimination against a person adhering to their religious beliefs.  She was being told that she had to use her artitistic skills to create a cake for something she didn't believe in.  But the law being used was a state one, not a constitutional issue except regulating her religious practices.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 156

@GailL1 wrote:

Some Cake Art - Yummmmm, Ohhhhhh, Awwwww, Wow -

Stunning, indeed.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 156

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Where in the Roman Catholic religion does it say a baker does not have to serve every customer that comes through the door?  Is this a biblical thing? Leviticus 18:22 maybe? Exodus 21:7-11 maybe? (No that is permission to sell your daughter into servitude). Exodus 35:1-3 maybe? (No, that is putting to death anyone who works on the Sabbath). 

And where did I say that I was a Catholic?  Not everyone is Catholic.  I just consider myself as a Christian, no other designation.  Additionally the verses you quoted is from the law of Moses that only applies to those of the Jewish faith.  Christians are concerned with the New Testament scriptures.

Have to ask now is who is cherry picking their verses?

And where does the government get the right to deny a person, whether in business or not that they can't adher to their beliefs.  It requires making accomodation for everything but a person's religious beliefs?  Sort of one sided and taking away one person's rights in favor of another?

If my religious belief is that I should cut your hand off and you come in my cake store and request me to bake a cake for you should I be allowed to cut your hand off?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

This is not a simple your kid hit mine. This is discrimination. This is a business owner who chose to ignore the laws against discrimination. If the owners are open for business, they are open for business to everyone.

If the state is going to dictate to an owner of how to run their business, requiring them of what sort of customer it is geared to, etc., then perhaps the state should also furnish the owner with funds and time to invest into the business.   The owner is the one who stands to lose for their business decisions, not the state per se.

Further, does anyone here have the right to dictate to an owner how to run their business?

Discrimination is not a State issue. It is a Constitutional issue.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I have yet to determine how religious beliefs come into this.

Of course when one can't respect that there are some who take their religous beliefs seriously, especially those with a deep faith in New Testament teachings.

Where in the New Testament does it say not to bake a wedding cake for any kind of couple?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 156

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

True - some comprehend the Constitution and it's implications - some don't.

Agree.  Apparently the judge in this case realized that the cake hadn't been created, but the lady was being sued in an attempt to perform her artistry in favor of something she didn't believe in.  What if she had created two demons as an illustration of her beliefs regarding the occasion?  That would be perfectly legitimate as it reflected her creative idea.

The law can't force a person to be creative contrary to their beliefs.  But apparently there are those who have no regard that others have religious beliefs where they don't.  There are examples throughout history beginning with the crucifixtion of Christ; the deaths of Christians in Rome for not following the laws requiring them to worship their gods, up through these 'cake' convictions. 

But now there's a Constitution that separates church and state.

It appears that both the United States Constitution as well as the Coloroado Constitution supports and validates the law against disrimination that the baker violated.

Religious fairy tales are - of course - separated from our secular government and it's secular laws - aren't they?

Remember the oath you swore when you joined the armed forces?

Never had anything to do with "god's law", did it?

Of course an oath is binding for one's entire lifetime, isn't it?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors