Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Credit where Credit is Due

Message 1 of 5

I neglected to criticize 'the donald' for an empty self-serving political gesture, thanking Kim Jong Un for what never should have happened....cynical amoral exploitation once more.  But 'the donald and Kim Jong Un do have an apparent agreement.  They are buddys, now that they understand one-another. Birds of a feather and all that stuff.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@nctarheel wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump Soldiers Remains.png

OSAN AIR BASE, South Korea (CNN)A US Air Force plane carrying what is believed to be the remains of US troops killed during the Korean War some 65 years ago arrived in Osan Air Base in South Korea on Friday morning.

Troops from various nations serving in South Korea under the United Nations Command presented an honor guard before the plane, as white-gloved troops in different uniforms descended the ramp of the US Air Force C-17, carefully holding cases wrapped in the UN flag.
The cases were transferred to silver minivans waiting on the runway.

It would be wonderful if these cases contain what they are supposed to contain.

News reports are using phrases like "believed to be".

Based on Kim Yong Un's past lying history and TRUMP THE CHUMP'S past lying history; I would rather wait until the remains are clearly identified as being remains of specific American dead before I recognize the event as being historical in nature.

Bulldozing a cover over the mass grave trench where the hated enemy lay in a quick-lime bed doesn't do much to preserve individuality.  When the remnants are dug up, if they are, it's hard to know what you have.

China was a NK ally....a combatant in fact along with the USSR. A similar lash-up to the Middle East today. The ROK would not have survived a month of concentrated assault without their direct and indirect assistance and logistical support.  The consequences of today's North Korea are directly attributable to that intervention....every last one.

The US was not the only UN member with troops on the ground, at sea and in the air.  All were my comrades by circumstance. Most were not there by choice.  Though technically a 'police action' by the UN, the draft was in effect...in the US and elsewhere.  

The remains of those forces you see, if that is what they are, came back in a box wrapped in a UN flag.  They could well be British, French, Canadian, Australian or any other UN nation arrayed against the ROK coalition.

People were killed there in battle or prison camps if captured.  After capture some soon died of abuse or starvation.  Many of the prisoners died after losing hope.  The number of US prisoners who died of this cause, significantly exceeded those of other nations, particularly the British, Canadian and Australian.  Whether a result of battle or prison, no one returned intact in mind and body.  No one 'there' was ever the same person they once were.  This was a war and the ROK coalition was as brutal as any that ever was.

I have to suppose the current ROK coalition has a purpose for repatriation of the so-called remains.  I don't know for sure what it might be.  I do know the motives are suspect.  Some things don't change.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I guess the only way to verify these are our Service Personal is through DNA.  Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@mickstuder wrote:

OSAN AIR BASE, South Korea (CNN)A US Air Force plane carrying what is believed to be the remains of US troops killed during the Korean War some 65 years ago arrived in Osan Air Base in South Korea on Friday morning.

Troops from various nations serving in South Korea under the United Nations Command presented an honor guard before the plane, as white-gloved troops in different uniforms descended the ramp of the US Air Force C-17, carefully holding cases wrapped in the UN flag.

It would be wonderful if these cases contain what they are supposed to contain.

News reports are using phrases like "believed to be".

Based on Kim Yong Un's past lying history and TRUMP THE CHUMP'S past lying history; I would rather wait until the remains are clearly identified as being remains of specific American dead before I recognize the event as being historical in nature.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Credit where Credit is Due

Message 5 of 5

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors