Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 2

Would they wear a mask to protect pregnant women among them, so that the "unborn human being" stays safe?  

Somehow I doubt it....

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Covid 19 mask mandates in Wisconsin and elsewhere spark "my body my choice hypocrisy"

Message 2 of 2

What's new! The Trump party is full of hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy rests on a conservative logic that has weaponized equality to establish a false equivalency, with women paying the price.

It is, dare I say, hypocritical — or, at the very least, ironic — for anti-maskers to claim their personal freedom is jeopardized by being “forced” to wear a mask while at the same time advocating that women be forced to carry out an unwanted, and potentially life-threatening, pregnancy.

This hypocrisy rests upon a conservative logic that has weaponized “equality” to establish a false equivalency. The National Right to Life’s mission statement declares such by anchoring its argument in one of the nation’s foundational documents, the Declaration of Independence: “Our Founding Fathers emphasized the preeminence of the right to ‘Life’ by citing it first among the unalienable rights this nation was established to secure.”

Through a religious mindset, all life — born, unborn, dead — is equal. The advocates of this cause smartly point to the Biblically inflected language of the declaration as proof that this state-sanctioned “unalienable right” to life extends to fetuses, using the oxymoron “unborn human beings.”

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors