Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Cofefe

Message 21 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Isn't a demonstration of grammatically and linguistically "better" usage of the English language a measure of "being better" in one specific aspect?

Couldn't attempting to use language designed to be above the level of the average poster also be considered thinking one is better?

Image result for calvin and hobbes laughing

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And "believe me", I laugh everyday over the non-sensical posts here by Conservatives.  You'll often see I'm "lol'ing" or "LMAO" quite often.  You folks are a hoot.

Wondering if a person that feels that way considers oneself as superior than others on the forum?   That's the way it sounds.   Just saying......

Nope, not "as superior than others", but thanks for another example to LOL.

And as usual, nothing about the topic, just another poorly worded, baiting attack on another poster. Same old; same old.....

I apologize that my composition is so rusty and not up to your standards.  After 40,000 posts, blaming it on being "rusty" is a fake excuse.  But a good attempt to dismiss your comment.  It's never a good attempt.  Instead of focusing of dismmissing someone's post, you should actually consider the content.

But where would dismissing others posts as being laughable and a 'hoot' fit in, Fit's in to many of one's posts.  Thanks for asking.....if not as I posted?  Is anyone here to be considered as better than others? Many Christians believe they are.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 36

@alferdpacker wrote:

Nope - but if it makes you feel good to believe that kind of rationalization - knock yourself out.

Have a nice day Alferd.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

What about years of persistent bad grammar and usage mistakes? 

What does that imply regarding the quality of the logic and reasoning processes contained in those posts to those who read it?

Might a reader conclude that the logic is as flawed as the usage?

Incorrect grammar that others can readily understand should be preferable than using langauge that is difficult for the average person deciphering.  Additionally to that using words that isn't commonly used in everyday conversation.  Perhaps such is used just to say 'look at me'?

Even newspapers are written in language usage readily understood by the average person.  And I would believe that these forums are designed for the same.  So are we here for correct grammar or for political discussions?

Nope - but if it makes you feel good to believe that kind of rationalization - knock yourself out.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 36

@alferdpacker wrote:

What does that imply regarding the quality of the logic and reasoning processes contained in those posts to those who read it?

Incorrect grammar that others can readily understand should be preferable than using langauge that is difficult for the average person deciphering.  Additionally to that using words that isn't commonly used in everyday conversation.  Perhaps such is used just to say 'look at me'?

Even newspapers are written in language usage readily understood by the average person.  And I would believe that these forums are designed for the same.  So are we here for correct grammar or for political discussions?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Isn't a demonstration of grammatically and linguistically "better" usage of the English language a measure of "being better" in one specific aspect?

Couldn't attempting to use language designed to be above the level of the average poster also be considered thinking one is better?

That's an interesting but as yet unvalidated assertion.

What might a reader infer regarding the validity of the logic and reasoning processes contained therein?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 36

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Covfefe

Message 28 of 36

NC--I have to agree with you.  Athough on the surface this just seems like another ignorant trump stunt, one must wonder what short circuited in this guy's head.  This is bizarre even for the king of bizarro world.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And "believe me", I laugh everyday over the non-sensical posts here by Conservatives.  You'll often see I'm "lol'ing" or "LMAO" quite often.  You folks are a hoot.

Wondering if a person that feels that way considers oneself as superior than others on the forum?   That's the way it sounds.   Just saying......

And as usual, nothing about the topic, just another poorly worded, baiting attack on another poster. Same old; same old.....

I apologize that my composition is so rusty and not up to your standards.  But a good attempt to dismiss your comment.

But where would dismissing others posts as being laughable and a 'hoot' fit in, if not as I posted?  Is anyone here to be considered as better than others?

Trump Says Sleeping Only Four Hours a Day Not Affecting His Ability to Cljjryff - The New Yorker

Well - I for one am considerably relieved and trsdditrf  (deliberate keyboard adjacent letter "snark")

gdpit_com_96762788_72.gif

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 36

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I apologize that my composition is so rusty and not up to your standards.  But a good attempt to dismiss your comment.

But where would dismissing others posts as being laughable and a 'hoot' fit in, if not as I posted?  Is anyone here to be considered as better than others?

Have a good day.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors