Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Court Shuts Down Donald's EPA

    Some of the bloggers here have knowledge / education and experience in the area of science.    When any of us dare to discuss some of the factors relative the Global Warming, the deniers get themselves all up in a full rage and post cut / paste information by denialist / skeptics or merely post hateful, ignorant stuff.

 

     Scott Pruitt, Donald's EPA overseer got right to work attempting to stop all forward progress made by the Obama Administration.    He and the Republicans in Congress used their CRA powers and Donald's signature to attempt to cut down all vestigaes of the progress made to slow down Global Warming.    One such step was to tighten the regulations about Methane Gas, especially related to the burning of excess methane on oil / gas drilling sites.

 

     Pruitt attempted to side step all rules and low and behold he failed in an epic manner.    He tried again, so environmental entities filed a lawsuit to stop him.     Today, another ruling:  

 

The EPA must enforce Obama era pollution limits for the oil and gas industry, a federal court said Monday.

Nine of the 11 judges of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit issued the latest ruling after a ruling by the court in July that the EPA unlawfully tried to delay implementing the Obama-era methane pollution rule.
The rule sets limits for greenhouse emissions for the energy industry, and requires companies to identify and fix leaks. In June, EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt sought a two-year pause on the new methane rule so the agency could "look broadly" at regulations and review their impact.
 
h/t CNN.  
PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

   Donalds EPA guy is looking more and more like a paper tiger.   

 

    As a Red State administrator, it is pretty easy to use the State news to preach the Red State hate.       That is exactly what Scott Pruitt did when he was Attny Gen. of Oklahoma.   

 

    Then Donald plucked him out of OK (h/t Rex Tillerson?)...and placed him in charge of EPA with the instruction to de-regulate.   The Congress attempted to do end Methane rules this using CRA and they couldn't get it done, so they sent it to Scott.   As I mentioned early now the Courts have told him to pound sand.

 

      Fast forward to today:   Scotty was trying to stop requirements to monitor and reduce  smog causing emmissions.   15 States said they were going to sue his sorry as* department.   He folded like a cheap suit:   

 

       The EPA announced the decision to go ahead with the so-called "2015 Ozone Designations" late on Wednesday, saying it showed the agency's commitment to working with states.

 

       HeeHeeHee.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

    Reading comprehension skills or abject stupidity.  

    From an article that discussed the information that methane is part of our energy program.

 

   Methane, by itself, when released into the atmosphere, is a potent greenhouse gas. It captures heat [70 times] better and thus, by weight, is 70 times as dangerous as carbon dioxide. This is why it’s so important to flare methane to ensure that it is completely combusted into carbon dioxide. It also means that it is critical that the infrastructure to transport methane — drilling sites, pipes, and tanks — minimizes any leakage into the air. Otherwise, the benefit of transitioning from coal to natural gas (in terms of greenhouse gases) would quickly be lost. 

 

     Some deniers ignore or don't care about the EPA regulation that Pruitt attempted to eliminate is about the methane that is not contained but released directly into the atmosphere.     These same individuals who make claims that they know something about Global Warming and have been following energy via oil / gas should know that...unless they are abject fools or trolls.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Conversationalist


Another legal problem for Trump's EPA - 15 Attorneys General sue the EPA for delaying a rule to reduce the emission of smog causing air pollutants.

 

"Pennsylvania joined 14 other states Tuesday in a federal suit challenging the Environmental Protection Agency’s decision to delay for a year new ozone pollution rules, with Gov. Wolf saying the wait could hurt children who suffer from asthma.Wolf said the lower ozone levels would reduce health-care costs. He said past EPA findings showed 230,000 asthma attacks a year could be prevented in American children if pollution were reduced."

 

“What is gravely concerning is that children who suffer from asthma and respiratory illnesses are particularly vulnerable to elevated ozone levels,” Wolf said. “The ozone standard that the EPA is delaying would have serious positive health benefits for our children.”

 

http://www.philly.com/philly/health/pennsylvania-joins-in-suit-against-epa-over-ozone-pollution-2017...

Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher@Albion61--Thank God our justices are smart, unlike the crooked fools who are willing to sacrafice our planet for a quick buck.

Another loss for loony tunes--a big win for earth's inhabitants!! 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Methane is a relatively clean source of energy.

 

However, it President Trump is associated with anything, the narrow minded haters don't think. They just see which way he went and they charge down the opposite path with all sorts of meaningless rhetoric.

0 Kudos
269 Views
13
Report
Recognized Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

Methane is a relatively clean source of energy.

 

However, it President Trump is associated with anything, the narrow minded haters don't think. They just see which way he went and they charge down the opposite path with all sorts of meaningless rhetoric.


Natural Gas is relatively clean Methane is Not.

Honored Social Butterfly

RK--People who disapprove  of trump's actions with regard to our environment do so because they recognize and admit to the proof that our planet is warming expodentially and that the actions of humans are to blame for the increased rapidity.

Narrowmindedness lies with those who go out of their way to find flawed or disproven theories that show the opposite, or who just deny for the sake of the almighty dollar.

trump is one of the latter, and not only do people hate his ignorance, they hate his reasoning, based on erroneous information that led him to disavow fact and put our planet at risk.

Therefore, those so lost in the fiction and delusion of little donnie loony tunes spout meaningless rhetoric when it comes to global warming and other issues where one must deal with reality.

Funny anyone who supports little whiny doonie ( the press is unfair, they were mean to me), would accuse anyone if whining!! The hypocrisy is amazing.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@pc6063 wrote:

RK--People who disapprove  of trump's actions with regard to our environment do so because they recognize and admit to the proof that our planet is warming expodentially and that the actions of humans are to blame for the increased rapidity.

Narrowmindedness lies with those who go out of their way to find flawed or disproven theories that show the opposite, or who just deny for the sake of the almighty dollar.

trump is one of the former, and not only do people hate his ignorance, they hate his reasoning, based on erroneous information that led him to disavow fact and put our planet at risk.

Therefore, those so lost in the fiction and delusion of little donnie loony tunes spout meaningless rhetoric when it comes to global warming and other issues where one must deal with reality.

Funny anyone who supports little whiny doonie ( the press is unfair, they were mean to me), would accuse anyone if whining!! The hypocrisy is amazing.


This is not about the overall topic of global warming. It is specifically about methane which is considered a relatively clean source of energy.

 

Now, can you step away from "little whiny doonie" ("doonie") long enough to consider methane?

0 Kudos
249 Views
8
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--People who disapprove  of trump's actions with regard to our environment do so because they recognize and admit to the proof that our planet is warming expodentially and that the actions of humans are to blame for the increased rapidity.

Narrowmindedness lies with those who go out of their way to find flawed or disproven theories that show the opposite, or who just deny for the sake of the almighty dollar.

trump is one of the former, and not only do people hate his ignorance, they hate his reasoning, based on erroneous information that led him to disavow fact and put our planet at risk.

Therefore, those so lost in the fiction and delusion of little donnie loony tunes spout meaningless rhetoric when it comes to global warming and other issues where one must deal with reality.

Funny anyone who supports little whiny doonie ( the press is unfair, they were mean to me), would accuse anyone if whining!! The hypocrisy is amazing.


This is not about the overall topic of global warming. It is specifically about methane which is considered a relatively clean source of energy.

 

Now, can you step away from "little whiny doonie" ("doonie") long enough to consider methane?


 One such step was to tighten the regulations about Methane Gas, especially related to the burning of excess methane on oil / gas drilling sites.<< what does that have to do with using captured methane for energy? Once again..lol your dead cat.

 

So it begins.
0 Kudos
294 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--People who disapprove  of trump's actions with regard to our environment do so because they recognize and admit to the proof that our planet is warming expodentially and that the actions of humans are to blame for the increased rapidity.

Narrowmindedness lies with those who go out of their way to find flawed or disproven theories that show the opposite, or who just deny for the sake of the almighty dollar.

trump is one of the former, and not only do people hate his ignorance, they hate his reasoning, based on erroneous information that led him to disavow fact and put our planet at risk.

Therefore, those so lost in the fiction and delusion of little donnie loony tunes spout meaningless rhetoric when it comes to global warming and other issues where one must deal with reality.

Funny anyone who supports little whiny doonie ( the press is unfair, they were mean to me), would accuse anyone if whining!! The hypocrisy is amazing.


This is not about the overall topic of global warming. It is specifically about methane which is considered a relatively clean source of energy.

 

Now, can you step away from "little whiny doonie" ("doonie") long enough to consider methane?


 One such step was to tighten the regulations about Methane Gas, especially related to the burning of excess methane on oil / gas drilling sites.<< what does that have to do with using captured methane for energy? Once again..lol your dead cat.

 


"Dead cat" is that a modern version of "dead horse"?

 

As I read the topic article, the problem is not burned methane since that is clean, it is leaked methane.

0 Kudos
282 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Thread is about court's shutting down little donnie's ridiculous EPA---or fantasy EPA. He's an idiot who as usual knows nothing about the subject.

If you want to talk about methane--be my guest. Surprise, just like donnie cannot make up rules by which he thinks others should adhere, neither can we lowly posters.

Punctuation skills need work!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly


@pc6063 wrote:

Thread is about court's shutting down little donnie's ridiculous EPA---or fantasy EPA.

No it isn't. Do you care to actually discuss the topic?

He's an idiot who as usual knows nothing about the subject.

And, again, you seem to know nothing abut the topic.

 

If you want to talk about methane--be my guest. Surprise, just like donnie cannot make up rules by which he thinks others should adhere, neither can we lowly posters.

If one President has the right to enact a regulation, by what perverted logic does another not have the right to undo it? Yes, it is the courts. It seems for every thing he does there is a left wing court to delay it. And up the chain it goes.

Punctuation skills need work!

 

 


 

0 Kudos
300 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

RK-- The court shut down little donnie's  EPA because it's a disaster and will harm Americans. I said that in an earlier post, and I'm saying it again now. This thread is about the court shutting down the EPA,  oh yeah it is!  You should read the title of the thread, and maybe you won't be so confused. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
0 Kudos
289 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@pc6063 wrote:

RK-- The court shut down little donnie's  EPA because it's a disaster and will harm Americans. I said that in an earlier post, and I'm saying it again now. This thread is about the court shutting down the EPA,  oh yeah it is!  You should read the title of the thread, and maybe you won't be so confused. 


Since no Court has shut down the EPA, the entire premise is a faulty as the "little donnie" childishness.

 

Now - are you interested in discussing the Court ruling about the methane leakage (not burning) issue?

0 Kudos
279 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Thread is about court's shutting down little donnie's ridiculous EPA---or fantasy EPA.

No it isn't. Do you care to actually discuss the topic?

He's an idiot who as usual knows nothing about the subject.

And, again, you seem to know nothing abut the topic.

 

If you want to talk about methane--be my guest. Surprise, just like donnie cannot make up rules by which he thinks others should adhere, neither can we lowly posters.

If one President has the right to enact a regulation, by what perverted logic does another not have the right to undo it? Yes, it is the courts. It seems for every thing he does there is a left wing court to delay it. And up the chain it goes.

Punctuation skills need work!

 

 


 


like packing the supreme court? do you know the makeup of this particual court or does it just not suit you on this decision.

your critical thinking skills need work.

So it begins.
0 Kudos
293 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Thread is about court's shutting down little donnie's ridiculous EPA---or fantasy EPA.

No it isn't. Do you care to actually discuss the topic?

He's an idiot who as usual knows nothing about the subject.

And, again, you seem to know nothing abut the topic.

 

If you want to talk about methane--be my guest. Surprise, just like donnie cannot make up rules by which he thinks others should adhere, neither can we lowly posters.

If one President has the right to enact a regulation, by what perverted logic does another not have the right to undo it? Yes, it is the courts. It seems for every thing he does there is a left wing court to delay it. And up the chain it goes.

Punctuation skills need work!

 

 


 


like packing the supreme court? do you know the makeup of this particual court or does it just not suit you on this decision.

your critical thinking skills need work.


Is that in some way related to a President's right to enact a regulation being on a par with another President's right to undo it?

 

As to Courts - of course we unfortunately have biased Courts. Do you dispute that?

 

I cannot see any lack in critical thinking skills in my remarks - please expand.

0 Kudos
281 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Like you do against Obama rk9152 ??? Look in the mirror , my friend !!!

Honored Social Butterfly


@mandm84 wrote:

Like you do against Obama rk9152 ??? Look in the mirror , my friend !!!


Do you have any quotes to make your point? Without it, your comment is just a meaningless whine.

0 Kudos
267 Views
0
Report
Conversationalist


@afisher wrote:

        Scott Pruitt, Donald's EPA overseer got right to work attempting to stop all forward progress made by the Obama Administration.    He and the Republicans in Congress used their CRA powers and Donald's signature to attempt to cut down all vestigaes of the progress made to slow down Global Warming.    One such step was to tighten the regulations about Methane Gas, especially related to the burning of excess methane on oil / gas drilling sites.

 

     Pruitt attempted to side step all rules and low and behold he failed in an epic manner.    He tried again, so environmental entities filed a lawsuit to stop him.     Today, another ruling:  

 

 
 
 


 

Yes, this is good news in today's newspapers and enews organizations. Acting unilaterally to suspend Obama-era rules is not always possible, despite the fervor of his opponents to do so. Now, attorneys are arguing that Pruitt, in his zeal to act, suspended rules without taking actions that were required beforehand.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-energy-202/2017/08/01/the-energy-202-how-pr...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png