Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Corona Virus Spreads Where? Indoors Versus Outdoors

Message 1 of 9

ManicProgressive wrote:

I'm glad you can play golf, @ChasKy53 .  So hard to find fun yet safe activities....

Thank you M.P.

A golf course sure is safer than a pool hall these days!  Working in the flower beds is too!

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 9

I'm glad you can play golf, @ChasKy53 .  So hard to find fun yet safe activities....

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 9

Our city golf course is open to only walking. There is a sponge in the hole wrapped around the flagpole, no one has to reach in the cup for their ball.  I play, yet most of us wear a mask when anyone else is close. I try to keep my distance and wear a mask if anyone in within fifteen feet of me., and I try to be even safer if I am down wind. I have a compromised immune system and I don't take any chances. Anyone not wearing a mask, I keep my distance from.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9

As pointed out yesterday:   outdoors has risks, aka Stadiums with screaming fans...gut toter's screaming, etc.  https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

As the County Comissioner's meeting today in my city, they were discussing the cost of better HVac  / lighting and scrubbers and changing the amount of outdoor air to be used in those systems in an  attempt to keep a buildings air more mixed.   

RW will interpret outdoors as all venues, because they may not be the brightest bulbs in the box.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 9

This seems like a common sensible thing.  In the outdoors, germs and personal emissions have infinite space to dissipate in, while in a more confined area, air is recirculated and becomes more stagnant and there is less space to move freely. 

Witness smoking.  Indoors, you frequently see a small smoky haze settle and the odor permeates.  In places with heavy smokers, eventually the yellowish tint of nicotine becomes evident on walls and other surfaces.

Oh yes, give me the outdoors anytime.  Also gives me more 'escape' room to keep my distance.  I'm with @ManicProgressive , if it were not for being able to get outside, I would have been in wacko land long ago.  No doubt, Mother Nature is also good for mental health.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Corona Virus Spreads Where? Indoors Versus Outdoors

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 9

Do you have a link?  I'd like to read it. 

But yes, that holds true for everything I've read, too. 

Which is good, because if I can't get outside, I will go nuts....

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 9

As many have suspected, we’re beginning to see some level of scientific proof that the risk of getting Covid-19 is much greater indoors than outdoors. Here’s a small study highlighted in today’s NY Times. Yes, this is only one study, and it’s just a small one, but I think it’s very interesting news.

As more virus research has emerged,  the outdoors is looking safer. It still brings risks (like those doorknobs), but they are fairly small. One study of 1,245 corona virus cases across China found that only two came from outdoor transmissions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors