Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Cop Can't WAIT to Kill Him, Found Not Guilty...

Message 11 of 22

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53

I guess your definition of unnecessary and that of the cop facing a person who is reaching behind them when they were instructed to crawl forward for apprehending is very different.

Could be, BUT the facts are the Sargent was FIRED for not adhering to PD procedures.  Maybe the PD should conduct the training.....

Always best to error on the side of caution when in an explosive situation such as this.  Very lame comment, Gail.  It wasn't an "explosive situation" as you claim.  The cops were in complete control and they knew it, as indicated by their berating comments.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

I think you need to open a cop training school or at least go tell the ones doing it now your view on how to apprehend a suspect.

Actually Gail.  If you were paying attention, you would know it's already being said by "ex perts" that this could have handled much better.  But I get it....better to take a shot at the one looking at this objectively.

Apparently you think this guy needed to be killed.

You sound like an armchair quarterback - maybe in this instance an "armchair cop".  Blah, blah, blah.....nothing constructive to add?  Do you think the cop should have shot him dead?

Blah, blah, blah -  

adverb
1.  and so on; and so forth.
noun
2.  meaningless chatter; idle gossip:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

@ChasKy53

I guess your definition of unnecessary and that of the cop facing a person who is reaching behind them when they were instructed to crawl forward for apprehending is very different.

Perhaps, some here should do something else other than . . . . "the cop should have done this and that"  -  from what I understand, the "experts" said that he followed training guidelines.

I wasn't there so I have to go by the "experts".

Always best to err on the side of caution when in an explosive situation such as this.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

I think you need to open a cop training school or at least go tell the ones doing it now your view on how to apprehend a suspect.

You sound like an armchair quarterback - maybe in this instance an "armchair cop".

"Armchair quarterback" is an idiom that originated in the United States. It refers to someone who doesn't participate in an action but still makes judgments about it. The phrase takes its meaning from the fact that a quarterback is the player in the American sport of football who controls much of the game.

We appreciate your making crystal clear to all the not entirely admirable and attractive details of your social/political/cultural bias...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

You sound like an armchair quarterback - maybe in this instance an "armchair cop".

"Armchair quarterback" is an idiom that originated in the United States. It refers to someone who doesn't participate in an action but still makes judgments about it. The phrase takes its meaning from the fact that a quarterback is the player in the American sport of football who controls much of the game.

You sound like an "armchair quarterback" or "armchair cop" here to comment on other posters in a lame attempt to defend the unnecessary killing of suspects by the police.

Why is that?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

@Centristsin2010

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Saw this—horrible—cop says guy went for a gun—which was not there-split second decision ends one life, ruins another. 

Phyllis, could you can ask your daughter and son-in-law what they think of this video and the actions of the police?  It would be interesting to hear their view.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

Saw this—horrible—cop says guy went for a gun—which was not there-split second decision ends one life, ruins another. Glad I never had to make such enormous life altering decisions in my job. Not many of us would have the guts to do this job. Man was drunk, which raises level of unpredictability.  So sad for all.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

mariaw97234 - I became afraid of the police, looks they are ready to protect their lives first, not the citizens.

The legal defense/mantra of, "I was afraid for my life", does mean they protect their lives first, with bullets.  Handcuffs would only complicate situations.  We all should be afraid of the police.  This murderer will be assigned elsewhere now.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22
I like what you white about the killing of a man. I will add, What about check the man before, to make sure he doesn't have a gun? Come on, there were several police officers there and no one could reach him and do a proper checking? I became afraid of the police, looks they are ready to protect their lives first, not the citizens. Just in cases like this.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors