Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Cop Can't WAIT to Kill Him, Found Not Guilty...

Message 1 of 22

Here's a photo of the two children who became fatherless due to a cop who "thought he might have a gun" on him.

View image on Twitter

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53

I guess your definition of unnecessary and that of the cop facing a person who is reaching behind them when they were instructed to crawl forward for apprehending is very different.

Perhaps, some here should do something else other than . . . . "the cop should have done this and that"  -  from what I understand, the "experts" said that he followed training guidelines.

I wasn't there so I have to go by the "experts".

Always best to err on the side of caution when in an explosive situation such as this.

The only experts that commented were the attorneys..and the expert you reference was the defense atty. If you can find commentary on this video from POLICE experts..please post. 

Ive had a cop draw on me because he was just mad he had nothing on me. after a half hour of harassment and many threats of bogus charges he drew. His partner, who hadnt said a word..siad GET IN THE CAR..and not to me.

Yup, right here in mayberry we get a bad one now and then. When i was a kid i ran with quite the hell raising gang. I didnt know one person that had a gun drawn on them.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

@Olderscout66 wrote:

This didn't happen 50 years ago because 50 years ago we weren't sending our police out to deal with a civilian population that was more heavily armed than the cops were, nor was there a major political party winning elections by telling everyone the Government was The Enemy. I wouldn't be a cop for all the Buick's in Commie China, but if we want them to be more "understanding" in confrontations with civilians, lets see about some sane regulation of what weapons those civilians can possess.

NOBODY needs a semi-automatic weapon for hunting, sport or self defense. The weapon is designed with one intent - to kill the most people in the shortest time. sorry if that means you'll have to pull a lever each time you fire your .22cal popgun at a varmint, but you'll survive, and so will a whole lot of people.

when i could see straight..i only needed one shot. I quit hunting at about 30 after some bad winters depleted game..i went to trapping for fur money. Being the only non hunter in a BIG hunting family, i had a lot of younger cousins that would challenge me at family gatherings. 99% of the time i hit the **bleep**

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Saw this—horrible—cop says guy went for a gun—which was not there-split second decision ends one life, ruins another. Glad I never had to make such enormous life altering decisions in my job. Not many of us would have the guts to do this job. Man was drunk, which raises level of unpredictability.  So sad for all.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

being drunk does not carry a death sentence..especially before a court date.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

My Uncle Charlie was a bad boy cop on the Bridgeport Ct Police force.  Always in hot water with the brass and always getting punished by being put on foot patrol in the projects  You know, P.T. Barnum, Father Panik  and all the rest---alone----at night.  Shortly after his retirement after 30 years of service, I was visiting him and he showed me his service revolver he carried all those years.  Told me the only time he pulled it from his holster was when a bad guy tried to run him down.   Never fired it on duty.  His weapon of choice:  his night stick or billy club if you will.  Number of times he used it, and against armed perpetrators,  countless.

It seems to me that a Police Officer, with a roomful of back up could have subdued, one drunk laying on the floor, without having to fire five rounds into him. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Centristsin2010–Will text her and let you know. In the meantime, I can’t be unbiased about this—too close.  Sitting this one out.

I understand...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

This didn't happen 50 years ago because 50 years ago we weren't sending our police out to deal with a civilian population that was more heavily armed than the cops were, nor was there a major political party winning elections by telling everyone the Government was The Enemy. I wouldn't be a cop for all the Buick's in Commie China, but if we want them to be more "understanding" in confrontations with civilians, lets see about some sane regulation of what weapons those civilians can possess.

NOBODY needs a semi-automatic weapon for hunting, sport or self defense. The weapon is designed with one intent - to kill the most people in the shortest time. sorry if that means you'll have to pull a lever each time you fire your .22cal popgun at a varmint, but you'll survive, and so will a whole lot of people.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Centristsin2010–Will text her and let you know.  Awesome.  Thank you.

In the meantime, I can’t be unbiased about this—too close.  Sitting this one out.  I understand.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@Centristsin2010–Will text her and let you know. In the meantime, I can’t be unbiased about this—too close.  Sitting this one out.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010

I think you need to open a cop training school or at least go tell the ones doing it now your view on how to apprehend a suspect.

Actually Gail.  If you were paying attention, you would know it's already being said by "ex perts" that this could have handled much better.  But I get it....better to take a shot at the one looking at this objectively.

Apparently you think this guy needed to be killed.

You sound like an armchair quarterback - maybe in this instance an "armchair cop".  Blah, blah, blah.....nothing constructive to add?  Do you think the cop should have shot him dead?

Blah, blah, blah -  

adverb
1.  and so on; and so forth.
noun
2.  meaningless chatter; idle gossip:

George and Ira Gershwin wrote a song a little over 85 years ago that pretty much says it all about support of misapprehensions in support of murder under color of law...

Ann Hogan mezzo soprano - George Gershwin - Blah Blah Blah - YouTube

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors