You Can Double the Difference You Make for Vulnerable Seniors — Donate Today, and Your Gift Will Be Matched! Find Out More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Consumer Prices rise at the Fastest Pace in 6 years

Message 1 of 12

The other shoe dropped.    The wages of workers is also down.    Oh but wait, all that magic money that was going to trickle down...nevermind.     Some bought into the bs.  but they got a bonus...which is pretty much snake-oil, because it does not help the employee long-term.    

The bonus of $1000 is about $0.48 an hour - how much did the employee actually get , ONCE, AND  a great big huge AND then the pay-check reverted back.   

Poo-pooing inflation to those workers if a bfd, if one continues to get the same paycheck as before the magical tax "cut".    Reminder, only 6.3 million workers received a bonus or wage hike...that is a mere 4% of the workers in the US.    

Whining about previous President pulling the nation our of a recession  - somehow the ignoblers believe that was a bad thing?   wow.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 12

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The low interest rates made President Obama look good because he prevented the total melt-down of the World's financial markets, kept GM (and 3million good jobs) alive while killing Bin Laden.

Der Trumper looks like a babyruth in the punchbowl because he's already lost the trade war with China and the record-pace inflation his failures created is the proof.

But his worshipers will keep the faith because Donny SAID he made great improvements in NATO and removed the threat of North Korean nukes. The fact those are just more lies from the infantile POTUS is of no consequence for his base - it makes them feel good, so they swallow it.

No GM, no Ben Laden, no Der Trumper, no babyruth, no punchbowl, no worshippers, no Donny, no NK, no nukes, and no "infantile POTUS" - just a simple fact, the interest rates were kept artificially low and now the markets are seeking their natural levels. it is as simple as that.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 12

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The low interest rates made President Obama look good because he prevented the total melt-down of the World's financial markets, kept GM (and 3million good jobs) alive while killing Bin Laden.

Der Trumper looks like a babyruth in the punchbowl because he's already lost the trade war with China and the record-pace inflation his failures created is the proof.

But his worshipers will keep the faith because Donny SAID he made great improvements in NATO and removed the threat of North Korean nukes. The fact those are just more lies from the infantile POTUS is of no consequence for his base - it makes them feel good, so they swallow it.

I wouldn't take a bite of that Babyruth.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 12

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 12

Inflation was predictable and will probably increase. After eight years of artificially low interest rates (to make Obama look good) the market is seeking it's natural level.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 12

@umbarch64 wrote:

A 'campaign promise' delivered.  That's what I both heard and seen from advocates for the lunacy that passes for 'conservatism' these days.  An 'accomplishment', so I'm told, to add to the list of other 'accomplisments' for which 'the donald' is deprived of the credit he is entitled to.  Well...folks....it's not just 'the donald' what done this.  Get past it.  Wanna be 'know it all' - 'do it all' - 'by himself' didn't do that.  He says he did, but he didn't.  He lies.  Give credit to good 'ol Mitch and Paulie, loyal soldiers keeping order in the 'hood'.  

The rise in consumer prices was predicted and it happened.  "Twarn't me....it was them".  Well, explain to me why wages for people who don't play in the stock-market mud haven't gone up to match.  'They' said the old trickle-down would work just like it always does.  Well, it didn't one more time.  See..."there they went again".  They told them they would be better off.  "What do you have to lose".  Turns out it was a bundle...once again...and it ain't over yet.

"What ever the Market will bear" goes the exploitation philosophy.  OK.  You've seen the first pass at it after the change of CEOs.  It ain't pretty.  Sure, jobs are up...IF you are willing to work for less.  Predictable. Know what the problem was?  Those bleeping labor unions is what.  Keeping the guys that really deserve to be paid back for 'foresight' and 'good-sense' from making a decent living, so it does.  

Oh, yeah....and those small farmers long ago moved to town so's they could keep from having to eat lard sanwiches made from pan fried dough. Their houses sit in the middle of fields empty of human beings.  Broken out windows for all the world broken mirrors of the empty eyes of the people who once lived there.  Progress.  Corporate farms.  

What farmers do you speak of that get 'bailed out'?  I don't see any left. Just another version of 'Wall Street' commodity traders. 

I wonder if there will be a sequel to this wild fantasy?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 12

The youngest son was really upset his sons were not getting to grow up on his farm and learn the business.

This land fed the nation this land made us proud.

Son I'm so sorry there is no legacy for you now.

Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 12
@afisher
I watched a TV show last week w/a Farmer milking his cows for the last time, on a Family Farm of several generations.

It was heart breaking to watch, he said after the last milking his cows were going to be slaughtered. You could see the pain in their eyes.

The youngest son was really upset his sons were not getting to grow up on his farm and learn the business.

Such a sad show.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 12

A 'campaign promise' delivered.  That's what I both heard and seen from advocates for the lunacy that passes for 'conservatism' these days.  An 'accomplishment', so I'm told, to add to the list of other 'accomplisments' for which 'the donald' is deprived of the credit he is entitled to.  Well...folks....it's not just 'the donald' what done this.  Get past it.  Wanna be 'know it all' - 'do it all' - 'by himself' didn't do that.  He says he did, but he didn't.  He lies.  Give credit to good 'ol Mitch and Paulie, loyal soldiers keeping order in the 'hood'.  

The rise in consumer prices was predicted and it happened.  "Twarn't me....it was them".  Well, explain to me why wages for people who don't play in the stock-market mud haven't gone up to match.  'They' said the old trickle-down would work just like it always does.  Well, it didn't one more time.  See..."there they went again".  They told them they would be better off.  "What do you have to lose".  Turns out it was a bundle...once again...and it ain't over yet.

"What ever the Market will bear" goes the exploitation philosophy.  OK.  You've seen the first pass at it after the change of CEOs.  It ain't pretty.  Sure, jobs are up...IF you are willing to work for less.  Predictable. Know what the problem was?  Those bleeping labor unions is what.  Keeping the guys that really deserve to be paid back for 'foresight' and 'good-sense' from making a decent living, so it does.  

Oh, yeah....and those small farmers long ago moved to town so's they could keep from having to eat lard sanwiches made from pan fried dough. Their houses sit in the middle of fields empty of human beings.  Broken out windows for all the world broken mirrors of the empty eyes of the people who once lived there.  Progress.  Corporate farms.  

What farmers do you speak of that get 'bailed out'?  I don't see any left. Just another version of 'Wall Street' commodity traders.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 12

CriticalThinking:  Consumer prices rise at the fastest pace in 6 years

Wonder what the rubes will say when they figure out their favorite store (Walmart) is going to be hit really hard by Trump's China tariffs?