Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Conservatives Eye Mueller with Suspicion After Comey Testimony

Message 1 of 19
CORRECTED: Three members of Mueller's team have donated to Democrats

CORRECTED: Three members of Mueller's team have donated to Democrats
© Greg Nash

Three members of special counsel Robert Mueller's team on the Russia probe have donated to Democratic presidential campaigns and organizations, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

Jeannie Rhee, a member of Mueller’s team, donated $5,400 to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign PAC Hillary for America. 

Andrew Weissmann, who serves in a top post within the Justice Department’s fraud practice, is the most senior lawyer on the special counsel team, Bloomberg reported. He served as the FBI’s general counsel and the assistant director to Mueller when the special counsel was FBI director.

Before he worked at the FBI or Justice Department, Weissman worked at the law firm Jenner & Block LLP, during which he donated six times to political action committees for Obama in 2008 for a total of $4,700.

James Quarles, who served as an assistant special prosecutor on the Watergate Special Prosecution Force, has donated to over a dozen Democratic PACs since the late 1980s. He was also identified by the Washington Post as a member of Mueller's team.

Starting in 1987, Quarles donated to Democratic candidate Michael Dukakis’s presidential PAC, Dukakis for President. Since then, he has also contributed in 1999 to Sen. Al Gore’s run for the presidency, then-Sen. John Kerry’s (D-Mass.) presidential bid in 2005, Obama’s presidential PAC in 2008 and 2012, and Clinton’s presidential pac Hillary for America in 2016.

He also donated to two Republicans, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) in 2015 and Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) in 2005.

The political affiliations of Mueller's team have been spotlighted by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) an ally of Trump.

After initially hailing Mueller's appointment as special counsel, Gingrich questioned for former FBI director's ability to be impartial on Monday because of "who he is hiring."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337428-four-top-legal-experts-on-muellers-team-donated-to...

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 19

Conservatives don't trust Mueller because he is independent. Of COURSE they don't trust him to do what they want. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 19

If you all get rid of him, that just means you are running scared.  

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 19

I have been pretty amazed at Comey's professionalism and attention to detail.  If Mueller is anything like that, scatterbrain Trump is in for a tough time.  It is going to be interesting to watch this president respond to the Special Prosecutor AND the emoluments lawsuits from DC and Maryland. Looks like his tax returns are going to become public after all. Personally, I think we are going to see BIG payments from Russian in there but time will tell. Nobody really cares what the Conservatives think as they are the ones that voted in this mess. 

As the new saying goes................."It's Mueller Time!!"

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 19

Former FBI agent says he’s ‘troubled’ by Comey’s relationship with special counsel Mueller

Tré Goins-Phillips 

Retired FBI agent James Gagliano, who has worked under both former FBI Director James Comey and Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who also once helmed the bureau, said he’s “troubled” by the relationship between the two men.

Ever since Mueller was appointed to oversee the Russia investigation in mid-May, just days after Comey leaked memos of his private conversations with President Donald Trump, Gagliano has had reservations, he told CNN host Poppy Harlow.

“The only thing that has troubled me from the start [is] … why would you appoint a special prosecutor that has a personal relationship with one of the central figures in the investigation,” Gagliano said Monday morning of Mueller and Comey, both of whom he “respects.”

Harlow asked the ex-FBI agent to explain his concerns.

“My criticism is the special prosecutor, Robert Mueller, has a personal relationship with former Director Comey,” he reiterated. “Why would you appoint a special prosecutor to conduct an investigation where a central witness and figure has a personal relationship?”

The CNN anchor turned to network legal analyst Paul Callan, who agreed that Mueller was an “odd choice” to oversee the Russia investigation.

“I think to put [Mueller] in charge of the investigation now of Comey — that, maybe, could be problematic,” he explained.

Gagliano’s comments came just days after Comey admitted to the Senate Intelligence Committee that he leaked to “a close friend” memos of his conversations with the president shortly after being fired as FBI director.

“I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter,” Comey said. “I didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons, but I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

The New York Times first reported on the leaked memo on May 16. Less than two days later, Comey got his wish: Mueller was appointed special counsel for the ongoing Russia investigation.

http://www.theblaze.com/?p=1332890

VIMTSTL
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 19

@CriticalThinking wrote:

There's no end to how low Trump lovers will sink.

• They won't criticize their hero Donald Trump, but will instead aim their fire at distinguished former FBI Director James Comey. Isn't it interesting that they side with a pathological liar and sleezeball named Donald Trump, as opposed to a man who dedicated his career to integrity, the FBI, and defending the laws of the United States?
  • Now they're going after former FBI Director Mueller? If this isn't insanity, it's pretty close.

Is not insanity, at all, the followers are not the ones that hold the power. The politicians in Washingto are the ones that do.

So why are they still following Trump?  What is their motivation? The minute that they don't follow Trump, their own constituents won't either.
What needs to happen?  in my opinion, the defeat of passin legistarion. of what is passed and what it will do.
The tide will turn, give it time.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Conservatives Eye Mueller with Suspicion After Comey Testimony

Message 7 of 19

There's no end to how low Trump lovers will sink.

• They won't criticize their hero Donald Trump, but will instead aim their fire at distinguished former FBI Director James Comey. Isn't it interesting that they side with a pathological liar and sleezeball named Donald Trump, as opposed to a man who dedicated his career to integrity, the FBI, and defending the laws of the United States?
  • Now they're going after former FBI Director Mueller? If this isn't insanity, it's pretty close.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 19

@jimc91 wrote:
Conservatives Eye Mueller with Suspicion After Comey Testimony

Special counsel is friend of fired FBI director who leaked to spur independent investigation

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/conservatives-eye-mueller-with-suspicion-after-comey-testimony/

OMG again..... are there any fringe web sites left from which to quote spurious information?

Lifezette, a web site established by Laura "HITLER SALUTE" Ingraham, is a conspiracy promoting, fringe right, web site.

They even printed a serious "report" that the Clinton's were multiple murderers..... of course, they later said they were just funnin' as we say Down South.

To show you just how legitimate Lifezette is, sometimes their articles are re-printed in such distinguished publications as THE DAILY CALLER and NEWSMAX.

One needs to realize that using sources such as Lifezette does not help in making debatable points as the source is not credible in the first place.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 19

@NerdyMom wrote:

This isn't a case of Comey vs. Trump.   

It's a case of legal vs. illegal.

I don't see why anyone is upset with a special counsel investigation.  Or Mueller.  If Trump did nothing wrong, this can only help him.   By exonerating him.  

There is nowhere near the "bad blood" here as there was between Comey and Hillary.  Comey has investigated the Clintons for decades... And yet, he never filed any charges.   

The law is the law, regardless of who the special counsel is.   I never doubted for a moment that Hillary would never be charged with anything.  She didn't do anything illegal.   Just imagine the spectre that would hang over her if she had never been investigated.  

Same with Trump.  Be happy his campaign is being investigated.   If Mueller finds nothing, that's awesome, right? 

@NerdyMom wrote:

This isn't a case of Comey vs. Trump.   

It's a case of legal vs. illegal.

I don't see why anyone is upset with a special counsel investigation.  Or Mueller.  If Trump did nothing wrong, this can only help him.   By exonerating him.  

There is nowhere near the "bad blood" here as there was between Comey and Hillary.  Comey has investigated the Clintons for decades... And yet, he never filed any charges.   

The law is the law, regardless of who the special counsel is.   I never doubted for a moment that Hillary would never be charged with anything.  She didn't do anything illegal.   Just imagine the spectre that would hang over her if she had never been investigated.  

Same with Trump.  Be happy his campaign is being investigated.   If Mueller finds nothing, that's awesome, right? 

You bet, and that is what I think is going to happen. Frankly, I don't believe that Trump had anything to do with the collution and Russia. I don't think that he would have actually been aware of anything like that. As far as he is concerned, he is too involved in himself to notice what is happening around him. It is just like the "tapes"  I don't believe that there are any tapes at all. That is typical Trump. wanting to scare people that he has to deal wth. First you con them and then if that doesn't work, you bully them.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 19

NM-- Thank  you for adding that perspective to this argument. You were absolutely correct, of course, but many of the trump Rangers and the discredited media that they listen to are making this a case of trump versus Comey.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors