Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
261
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

261 Views
Message 21 of 34

@afisher wrote:

   Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  


Are you assuming that it was racially motivated?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
261
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
277
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

277 Views
Message 22 of 34

@afisher wrote:

   Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  


Well, I wasn’t trying to be an apologist. We have many police who kill innocent people. But I had a valid question about why most conservative media don’t question police officers in these shootings, yet they questioned this woman. 

 

I agree no unlawful or excessive use-of-force killing is justified.  All police need to be held to a higher standard than the regular public, because they are uniquely situated to legally deny us our civil rights....including taking a life.

 

They must be trained well to minimize tragic accidents. And when they do occur, they must be held accountable.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
277
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
272
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

272 Views
Message 23 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.


What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...


I asked a question. Of course there is no evidence. I’m not attempting to divert from the topic. This is the topic. It’s just not what you want to discuss. Officer-involved shootings of unarmed black men have been a constant in the news at least since Michael Brown was killed in 2014. 

 

However, it seems like this one columnist writes about police shootings often. So that answers my question. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
272
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
283
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

283 Views
Message 24 of 34

@afisher wrote:

   Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.   


If you would have read my initial reply to Alferd, before he went into his legalese rant, you would notice that I agreed with him that she wasn't very intelligent by shooting the guy.  She was standing in the only way out (check the floor plans for those apartments) and all she had to do was close the door, use her cell phone and call for assistance.

 

She didn't even know that he was Black because it was dark with the lights out.  Just an excuse to continue the football kneeling discussion?   Apparently liberals will not miss a chance to further their cause....  what does the football players' protest have to do with this?

 

Additionally her past shooting a victim indicates she had a problem with judgement.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
283
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
281
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

281 Views
Message 25 of 34

   Once again, the apologists for police killings are attempting to down play this.    The cop has 4 years experience, not a newby...so that should not be an excuse.    My point being that this was a cop, not a male / female that killed an innocent man for being in his own home.    He was not doing a darn thing wrong.    Make all the excuses you want...this is a cop killing that should not be excused and why football players continue their protest.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
281
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
277
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

277 Views
Message 26 of 34

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Do you have  - and can post valid evidence that TemperMental67 is incorrect and that for well over three quarters of the last century male police officers have not been clearly misogynistic?

Of course you don't.

Don't be silly - posts like that are very revealing...


Do you enjoy posting in legalese.  This isn't about the gender of police officers, but about this particular officer.  If it was about male police officers also, then why didn't you state that in your first post? 


Bogus - no answer necessary.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
277
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
286
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

286 Views
Message 27 of 34

@alferdpacker wrote:

Do you have  - and can post valid evidence that TemperMental67 is incorrect and that for well over three quarters of the last century male police officers have not been clearly misogynistic?

Of course you don't.

Don't be silly - posts like that are very revealing...


Do you enjoy posting in legalese.  This isn't about the gender of police officers, but about this particular officer.  If it was about male police officers also, then why didn't you state that in your first post? 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
286
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
291
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

291 Views
Message 28 of 34

 


@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.


What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...


Do you have  - and can post valid evidence that TemperMental67 is incorrect and that for well over three quarters of the last century male police officers have not been clearly misogynistic?

Of course you don't.

Don't be silly - posts like that are very revealing...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
291
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
300
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

300 Views
Message 29 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.


What does the reference to male police officers have to do with this case?  Do you have evidence that if she had been male the investigation would be different?  Sounds like an attempt to divert from the topic...

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
300
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
303
Views

Re: Conservative National Review Calls out Amber Guyger

303 Views
Message 30 of 34

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Have they ever called out male police officers? Not saying they are sexist here, but....it’s curious.


How typical - to the left everything is racism, sexism, homophobic, Nazi, etc. etc. etc.

 

The police officer (a person), got scared and did something stupid. Can it not be approached that way?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
303
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors